RET paladin dilemma

level 52 is exactly when you would expect to make that switch…It’s rational to be ret until about that level. Then the content requires either good healing gear or a proper spec to heal properly…Presumably you’ve healed some. Can also get by with slamming consumes all instance but that’s expensive relative to a respec.

There isn’t really a rotation to hpala…Just be as mana efficient as you can without putting ur teammates at risk.

Cast blessing of protection when sum1 who shoudnt have agro does…etc

None of the healing classes have anythign close to a rotation in 40 man or 5 man

Usually flash, holy is rare.

Divine Favor occasionally to power up heal.

Cleanse… you know that one.

Yeah, I was holy for about 2 years before switching to ret. To heal as a paladin, I used mostly flash of light. I had 2 ranks of Holy light on in case I needed bigger heals. In the end, it felt like I was playing whack-a-mole. Once I switched to ret, I never went back. I’ll still stop my attacks for clinch heals, buffs, cleanses, etc. But in the end, I have more fun as ret!

1 Like

2 , maybe 3 ranks of flash
1 max rank holy
divine favor
cleanse
and maybe, just maybe Holy Shock
besides blessings and auras thats bassically it

Just go 30 ret 21 holy. It has all the important holy talents for mindlessly pushing flash of light for 2 hours.

2 Likes

I’d tell you it’s time to make the switch from meme spec to dream spec, but I cant talk since I raid as shadow, so don’t let your memes be dreams.

4 Likes

tbh, you shoulda have rolled on healing gear and ret. thats what i did and it worked out p well. have a healing set and dps set as holy so im basically a shockadin with the dps gear. but from now on start rolling on healing gear. believe me, holy is much more viable than ret and its really fun imo. fav healing class in the game for sure

Time to find a new guild. Unless they plan on paying your sub fees tell them to stuff it and guild quit, this is Not 2005, they knew you were ret and knew your limitations!!!

2 Likes

You can be an effective healer and stay Ret prio given the provided talent trees.

21/0/30 - everybody wins :coffee:

2 Likes

…This is terrible no, if u don’t have holy shock you’re doing it wrong

Sanctuary is terrible

21/0/30 is the spec for you, and Holy Shock is garbage, lol.

4 Likes

Holy Shock is overrated and who said anything about Sanctuary? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Sanctuary is the only rational reason to drop holy shock, 1 point for 1 point, pve only

outside solo play anyway

If you do not have holy shock, you are guaranteed a terrible paladin lol (with teh caveat of ur the sanctuary boi/aoe farming)

Paladins are the easiest healer to play in Classic - and the most annoying thanks to all the blessings & such (plus the fact that you likely need to downgrade from plate to have the best healing gear & soloing/farming as Holy sucks beyond belief). Holy Paladins were a lot better in TBC, so I won’t be playing one until then (as Dreanei or Blood Elf).

yea but spriests have mass dispel and can get rid of your bubble which kinda sucks. one of the reasons theyre so strong in vanilla cant dispel bubble

1 Like

IDK where you get your info

But we are on the best patch hpala has ever had in WoW

TBC hpala? lol

Everything you’ve said shows you understand nothing about the game you’re playing. My god

Its the easiest class to play in raids.

Need to refresh buffs? Have an addon manage that for you.

Hell, if you’re assigned to a tank, you never have to target or look at anything else. Could probably just put a caster on auto-follow the entire raid and just mash flash of light for 2 hours and be a contributing member of the raid while watching netflix.

this is the most simple the game has ever been, and you’re playing the most simple class there is.

figuring out holy shouldn’t take more than 30 second. Seriously, you can auto-follow someone with a FoL rank 1 spam macro and accomplish 95% of what’s expected of you without even looking at your screen… the missing 5% would be buffing and cleansing.

1 Like

Longtime Paladin healer here. I made the choice to go Holy after my very first WSG in 2005. I spent the entire time wishing for more heals, and I realized that if someone has to do it, it might as well be me. This really resonated with me:

I really enjoy picking the lowest ranks of heals I can get away with to stretch my mana.

32 Likes

Wow, we agree on at least ONE thing. I’ll drink a beer in your name my man.

1 Like