Ret Paladin Deserves Slight Buff

Shaman have nothing to do with your expectations not meeting the reality of Ret Paladins.

It’s okay, it gets better soon. Don’t let WCL hold you back from greatness.

I guess you couldn’t follow my train of thought, or you want to be a politician, but either way: you can think of shamans as a support class, yet their DPS is far higher than a similar support class. That sure is whacky eh Jimbo?

Also read my above post, I’m not really all that down and out- I’ve been in a guild clearing 25 man naxx since like week 2 and I dropped an easy million damage in a warsong this morning.

Just pointing out, along with OP, things could be better to bring us more in line with other classes/specs.

If all you have is “lol wait more phases”, okay, I’ll be waiting- objectively your opinion won’t change the passing of time either way lmao.

4 Likes

Ah that’s great news. You understand “fixing” ret can have adverse consequences in PVP, because you’ve managed to queue for a BG.

Ret doesn’t need fixing, it’s doing great the way it is. Get those blessings out, and don’t forget you too can save a life with BOP!

2 Likes

It’s only gonna get worse in Ulduar so buckle up lads. Balancing PvE around PvP has consequences who knew. Throwing ret a small bone won’t be the end of the world by any means.

14 Likes

Should just give us totc 2pc as baseline. Gives us a modest buff to slightly elevate us, minimal affect in PVP cos fights aren’t long enough for it to matter.

5 Likes

Anyone who thought wrath ret was going to be good or fun should be forced to play this version of ret until they apologize to our lord and savior seal twisting

4 Likes

Wrath ret was fine throughout the expansion. The issue we have is we’re balanced around a tier set we won’t have for what, a year?

6 Likes

The number 6 ret paladin is in a guild where rogues and warlocks die to threat ?

Seems sus

Everyone trying to parse to get top spot forgets that warlock threat is still bananas and gets hateful love. Not that hard to believe especially that content was on farm day 1.

1 Like

Sure Ret could buffed a bit. But Prot & Holy are taking the cake.
Where as Warriors aren’t being accepted for any class into raids.
Why?
Combat rogues can do the debuffs and more damage than an Arms warrior.
Fury barely contends with a ret paladin and prot warriors wont be taken when DK’s an Paladins are options.

3 Likes

Warrior DPS is about to ascend and only get higher and higher once Ulduar comes out especially with the new item levels. I think reaching soft arp cap is possible with the updated items. Ret won’t scale until ToC minimum and even then still be pretty bad.

3 Likes

Yeah OP didn’t seem to be asking for a buff this minute, but for Ulduar when Ret falls even farther behind everyone else. While classes like warr who was already going to start scaling better is now getting a buff through item level changes.

Though I think Arms still might need more just imo.

3 Likes

Assuming people let warriors into the raids. Only time will tell. Most rogues ive spoken to wont go combat until ToGC or ICC…so “if” you bring a warrior, itll still be arms, and arms will still be miles behind fury

1 Like

Your blue quote said “class” not “spec” so I can’t imagine them making any changes.

Patch to patch balancing in classic version of the game is pretty stupid anyway.

1 Like

People who rolled ret because its a) their longtime main or b) can conistently take it to the top level in rated arenas (like vanguards) I can respect.

But most ret players just rerolled for the meme expecting to stomp people in pve and pvp, find out they arent as good as they thought, and are now* crying.

Yall get what ya deserve.

EDIT: typo

4 Likes

I knew what was coming and I accepted it with minimal tears, the usual “even though this was expected I’m still bummed” style. Still had a raid spot as RET even.
Guild in pre-patch lost their minds at my damage while I said nothing but “just wait, you’ll see”.
Building a holy set to go with my prot spec til RET is more worthwhile to play.

1 Like

The thing about buffing ret, is that it will need to get nerfed in ICC phase.

1 Like

Unless they just give us our set bonus early.

Why would they do that?

So they don’t have to nerf it later.

2 Likes