Restore deleted character

Its been several week that the system dont work, Blizzard, do you intend to fix this before 2024 christmas?

8 Likes

I’m going to reasonably assert that you’re meaning your Beta character.

There’s a circular arrow at the bottom of the right-hand side of your Warband screen. That will take you to your deleted characters. You can restore them there.

If you mean on your Live account, submit a ticket to have this done.

False.

“Blizzard Customer Support will not assist with bypassing any of the above limitations.”

“Deleted characters in the modern version of World of Warcraft can not be restored from July 23, 2024 to a future date that is not yet determined. The service will be restored as soon as possible and we appreciate your patience. Blizzard Customer Service cannot bypass this restriction.”

They gave ample time for you to restore characters. You were able to restore more than 1 with no cooldown. You could even bring back characters if the name was in use, giving a free name change on next log in.

6 Likes

Oh! I didn’t know this! It’s been so long since I’ve had to ever have anything restored.

Thanks Illaras!

1 Like

Hey, no problem. I just think OP is SOL until Blizzard’s “future date that is not yet determined.”

Hopefully they don’t wait to long. I think the warband system is getting in the way and has some kinks to be ironed out before they turn it back on. That’s all I can think of.

1 Like

Totally makes sense!

I think the last time I had to have something restored was back in Burning Crusade lol so I didn’t know that there’d been any change to how it was done. Thanks for the information! :smiley:

Would be really nice to have an update on when this is getting fixed. :frowning:

2 Likes

I accidentally deleted my main character a few weeks ago. Very frustrated as she had all my golds and was my favorite. Super frustrated with the inability to restore her.

1 Like

Put in a support request to have it restored? They might be able to do it (they have restored items I wrongly deleted for me in the past - but its like once every six months option)

I just tried a few days ago. They told me they can’t do it because it’s getting fixed and such. :frowning:

same boat i just hope its working before launch so hopefully within the next server reset but hard to say for sure because when i did a ticket they qouted the few weeks to me so who knows

I would expect its not a high priority item until a month or so after expansion launch.

OP, i know this post is from almost 2 weeks ago, but like… i feel like your both over, and underestimating how long it’ll take’em.

they’ll probably be ready to discuss the possibility of having a vote to take-a-look at what could quite-possibly be an idea of how they can consider the idea of fixing the button that let’s you look at characters that can be restored, in about 3 weeks.

but seriously, i dunno how long it’ll take’em, but they’ll most-likely have it done before christmas. i mean, it’s only august. they’ve got time.

Fully believe this had been done intentionally in order to bait people into buying boosts before the xpac. It has been broken since the Warband installation and there is no word on fixing it. Absolute shame on Blizzard.

4 Likes

I agree i feel as though they want to use this as a cash grab opportunity to dry peopl im not giving in iv went as far cancelling my sub because the only character worth playing is the character i have all this time since vainla wont be back till its fixed your paying money they should provide a service and its alot of money

Yeah I wanted to restore a dracthyr then level with radiant echoes event. A week is left with that, so …hoping there’s a fix soon but not looking like it

I’m hoping this is in today’s maintenance, otherwise I’ve got an accidentally deleted alt that’s definitely out of of luck for catching up in time for the TWW :frowning:

Smart money’s on Boxing Day.

what…how does this bait people into buying boosts?

how is this a cash grab opportunity?

Your tinfoil hat is showing.

1 Like