Restoration Changes You Want In Dragonflight

That’s because it does more healing than all your spells compared to wild growth… And you obviously thought it was more mana because nobody would think the largest single target healing spell a class has should be reduced by 85% mana. Take your L kid.

I know the class fantasy is shifting into form to do damage (feral/owl), but I would really like to see some options to perform damage without the build up of weaving. For example, shamans are getting damage added to their rain of healing in DF, seems like druids should have gotten that instead as shamans severely out damage us.

As someone who mostly PUGS my KSM, I just do not get enough time to put out dps as kitty so I usually stick boomkin affinity and without convokes and HOTW, there will just be no damage. Ultimately, I think the fix is to provide sufficient damage in human form, see maybe hurricane or insect swarm or just better SP scaling in resto spec, or damage on our mushroom and the option to balance it would be weaving does more more damage but perhaps less healing while in form. So you do 10% more damage at 3-5% reduced healing. Of course I am just making numbers up, but this allows the higher skilled players to max damage while not penalizing the more average player. Paladin, Shaman and priest literally have to put forth 0 more effort to provide more damage and healing, so idk not really sure how they expect resto druid is balanced in M+.

I suppose they could try to implement more damage on balance affinity, but the build time and window to damage is so small. You spend 4-6 seconds building into eclipse and hopefully get the full time, but most likely get 1-2 spells tops on it and so you spent an entire build cycle to do not much.

I guess most of my frustration comes from the extra effort required to perform (dps) while still being out healed by most classes.

1 Like

Having Force of Nature as Resto would be so cool! It would make way more sense than Balance having the spell…

My wishlist isn’t really Resto-focused, but:

• Updated Treant Form, hopefully with some benefits
  • New Travel & Swim Forms, ideally nature-themed (like Stonepaw Bear, and Nature’s Fury Cat) I honestly ADORE the Kul Tiran Forms and I’m so sad that I can’t use them on my Night Elf :frowning:
  • Talent that makes Mass Entanglement+Entangling Roots also deal DoT

Pretty much everything else I wanted is already on the current Dragonflight talent tree so I can’t complain much! Besides that we still have to choose between Abundance OR Cenarion Ward, I really wish we could pick both…

1 Like

I think we are getting an updated Treant form, theres new Treant models that were datamined, i’m just not sure if it’ll get barber shop customization options such as leaf colors and stuff.

1 Like

I just hate rejuv heals for nothing. Rn it heals 700 per tick…. So low :frowning: on classic it feels so good just rejuving and running.

Can blizzard hire you?

Spamming regrowth even with the bonus crit is expensive and only pandemics so far; Early nath when tanks were paper and gear was poor having all your hots rolling and still needing to spam and oom yourself felt terrible.
Nourish could fill the early game gap and tank healing if it was maybe 1/3 cheaper and only received double the mastery buff, similar to healing touch back in the day.

That or just better mastery scaling. I love being a hots healer but they need to do work earlier in an expansion. Id prefer they revert the mastery nerf instead of just flat buffing the hots base heals again to open up stat variety.

Besides that id like a damage talent section, probably around where ysera or the ironbark talents are for mid-late expansion when the %healing can be replaced by gear. Moving ysera to the class tree and replacing it with some moonfire stuff or adding thorns like affects to ironbark.

I know this is basic but what I want for Restoration in Dragonflight is the Ability to stay in Tree-Form when switching back from other forms.

For instance they could make it so if your in Tree-Form when you swap to Cat form and back again you change back into Tree-Form.

Then if your not in tree-form when you go into cat form, your returned to your non-tree-form when you swap back to healing.

This method gives people the choice, you can be in Tree-Form while healing or you can be in non-tree-form, its a simple way to give people some chioce in reguards to class fantasy.

It sucks that right now your always returned to your non-tree-form when you swap back to healing from lets say cat form and sure you could waste a global to change back into tree-form manually but that’s not really feasible in any real situation because you change forms a tremendeous amount of times while playing Restoration druid.

1 Like

Heck i’d even be okay with Treant form being the default base form 100% of the time.

I really hope we get barber shop options for color options. It would be awesome to get leaf beards aswell.

How awesome would treant form be along side a resto version of force of nature and a treant noncombat pet?

I’m just going to list out some of the ideas I’ve also thought of overtime (some of these are things OP and others already listed).

Nature’s Wrath Glyph - Green Wrath spell

Sunfire - removed from Resto, and do the same with Efflorescence that was done to Shaman.
New Talent - Efflo does DoT similar to the healing rain talent (fungal spores and such).

Insect Swarm - Either a glyph for moonfire, or replace moonfire with this (Former is easier)
Also Adaptive Swarm’s visuals clash with what Resto is all about, so that falls short for me (shadow damage and necrotic VFX)

Thorns - Baseline druid spell

Summon Nature Spirit (or Treant) - A little green wisp familiar similar to arcane mage that heals every few seconds for a small amount or does some dmg (or both!)

Hurricane - Could be another option instead of the Efflo talent mentioned earlier.
(Tired of the overlap excuse and design with Shamans, doesn’t matter, fun and lore is more important in an MMORPG)

Entangling Roots - Maybe a talent to make it do DoT damage, not break root, but only root for 6-8 seconds

Now onto playstyle CHOICES:

Personally not a huge fan of having to shapeshift to do open world content at a decent pace, so buffing the 3 core spells for Resto (if zero of the above ideas are not added) would make the playstyle viable and more thematic.

New Talent - Wrath, Moonfire, Sunfire damage increased by 20-30% while not shapeshifted (or even 20-30% crit chance)
Also any ideas that add damage to skills listed above should ideally be 3-4 points on the tree so you have to give up the big healing capstones for damage, which the point of these talents and changes is to buff open world and depending how you spend points a little bit in instanced content as well.

Probably forgetting some stuff, but this is all I remembered at the time.

Why has no one implemented this yet!!! What are they waiting for?? Add this Blizzard, please!! I don’t want to always just be a Night elf when healing, I want to have cosmetic options for forms on Resto instead of just ugly treant :sob: :sob:

…And all Resto Druid spells are Green… there are other colours in the world as well, y’know.