Restoration Changes You Want In Dragonflight

Here’s the talents I’m probably going to go with at first, I don’t really like having more buttons to push so I prefer to avoid cool down abilities and I really like enhancing existing core abilities.

imgur"dot"com/xWcCyzY

I wish Force of Nature had a healing version of it, in the Restoration tree.

Adaptive Swarm just seems too out of character for the class fantasy with shadow damage.

They should had just brought back Insect Swarm and made it functionally the same as Adaptive Swarm (or at least similar enough). Insects typically pollinate flora or are food for carnivorous plants so there’s some room for satisfying the fantasy of the specialization.

Not a fan of the covenant abilities being brought back into talent trees. Convoke Spirits and Adaptive Swarm both feel like they’re only liked because of being powerful but are terribly uninspired and unimaginative. I kinda wish they were left behind in Shadowlands and replaced with more inspired/ imaginative/ fitting abilities.

Empowered Chrysalis was forgotten from Shadowlands though, I think there’s room for interconnectedness of abilities between Insect Swarm and some sort of Chrysalis, given insects form chrysalis.

It would be nice to have Insect Swarm back and a talent, skill, or ability for over healing. (Which is what Empowered Chrysalis provided).

1 Like

i feel that resto shamans and resto druids are more or less the same.
we both use nature healing. we both have an ability called Natures Swiftness. We both shift forms. Druids can definitely have nature ability to typhoon, cyclone, and hurricane. The game started shifting r druids with leaf animations and r shams with water animations

Yeah, early on they didnt have as clear direction on class fantasy and identity.

As a result some abilities have been grandfathered in that aren’t exactly true to those fantasies or identity.

The air abilities for druids more or less come from druids of the talon and flight form as opposed to the elemental plane.

Resto Shaman and Resto Druid have key differences though. Shamans heal via thw elements primarily water and earth/ rock/ soil, and ancestral spirits.

Where as druids use life, aromatherapy, holistic, naturopathy, etc to heal.

1 Like

Small cosmetic changes I’d like to see, is instead of a treant, allow us a mushroom person like appearance. Instead of tree of life, give us a big mushroom dude.

I always liked Wild Mushroom, and it’s Bloom ability. I get that it’s not the playstyle they wanted us to have though (Bloom’s snap healing.) But would love to see it come back.

I’d like to see our old mastery come back, that using a single target heal increased hot healing by X%. I know a lot of folks dislike it, and I think serious PvP’ers would take issue, so I accept it’s probably a bad idea, but it’s no less boring then our current mastery.

I personally would love to see a healer treant ability. Maybe steal the Priest Necrolord idea, where the ability is cast, and every damage/heal increases the NPC spawn’s healing-damage (but with treants rather then nerdy Maldraxxian.) I know that we are getting Swarm in DF, but even just that tacked onto it would be cool for the theme.

1 Like

I’ve been stomping for a full time tree form for awhile. The bonus I wanted it to have was if stopped hit a button a you grew roots tapping into the earth increasing your heal percentage and it made spring flowers grow in a30 ft radium healing 5 people. As a way for a little something different for Druids playing off their nature energy. Also giving Druids a little more of a play style. I could also see rooting effecting spells instead but the point is the same overall. A reason for tree.
Maybe even work mastery in a rooted form and a different version for not as our mastery hasn’t been done well for awhile.
LB was more fun as our main heal, because you could manage it on tanks to keep a three stack rolling or toss a single cast as an extra hot to let bloom when your hots were falling behind but a regrowth wasn’t needed. It just made a more interesting spell that way.
If your mastery added a HOT over heal seed like seed of life could be even more interesting.

1 Like

I hated the old mastery and the mushroom.

Not necessarily just for resto, but in general more fun group synergies:
symbiosis
thorns
etc

And a big thing:
Make sure skull bash auto shifts (like incap roar into bear). Having a kick blocked by a GCD is not okay.

Abilities I consider fun;

• Mark of the Wild
  • Gift of the Wild
  • Force of Nature (resto)
  • Insect Swarm
  • Thorns
  • Nature’s Grasp
  • Entangling Roots
  • Mass Entanglement
  • Treant Form
  • Innervate (When it restored mana)
  • Tranquility

Resto Force of Nature was a really bad talent back before Legion, mostly because of low tuning and the pet AI being just bad in general. I think I remember it being on a charge system (1 Treant every 15 sec I think) that would just pop out and randomly spam HT on people. The HT casts did scale with Haste, but it also created breakpoints because it was a hard cast. I almost feel like having it cast a weaker Rejuv so it scaled with our Mastery would be better. I don’t think the old treants scaled with Mastery at all.

1 Like

The biggest issues I see with the current talent tree:

Ysera’s Gift - Shouldn’t cost 3 points for such a minimal throughput increase. It almost feels like a “we ran out of ideas so lets throw three points here” type of talent. I’d actually like to see Ysera’s Gift moved to the Class Tree for 1 point as it was a previous Resto affinity ability for the other specs, similar to Typhoon.

Nourish - Still needs work. Similar to live, I don’t see any instances where we would take this talent. Personally I’d like to see it replace Regrowth and have an additional effect where it would place a missing HoT effect on the target prioritizing in this order - Rejuv/WG/Regrowth (Lifebloom would be exempt as it’s target limited). It needs to be better than RG/Improved RG to be worth taking. There’s really no need for both to exist in our toolkit.

Talent Placement - It’s very strange that you spend several points buffing your AOE healing (Unstoppable Growth/Deep Roots/Spring Blossoms) only to end on talent points that buff your single-target healing and damage (Circle/Photo/DTL/Swarm). The other side of the tree is the exact opposite where you spend points on your single target healing (Improved RG/Stonebark) to get Memory/Flourish/Vision/EI. It almost feels like you should flip the bottom talents so if you spend talent points on AOE healing abilities, the end talents continue to improve on what you chose earlier.

Talent Point Costs - Some points should not cost more than one point. Autumn Leaves should be a 1 point talent similar to the other Azerite trait abilities in the other tree. Unbridled Swarm and Circle should also be 1 point. They are end-tree talents and should feel powerful for their cost. Having to dump 3 points to get the current Adaptive Swarm legendary doesn’t feel great.

Incarn/Convoke - I like the placement of these as it makes it obtainable no matter which side of the tree you go down and I feel these are pretty core abilities to our kit. The “Modal Cooldown Bonus” that is currently NYI seems very lackluster in improving either spell. Very rarely would we ever Shift back out of Incarn. You usually would cast it only if you could get the value of most of the 30 seconds anyways. Casting an extra Flourish every other Convoke when Convoke is at two minutes isn’t great either. I would add the full Celestial Spirits bonus here and cut the spells down as well as make the CD 1 minute again. For the Incarn side, I would go another route. Maybe make the CD even stronger. Maybe your spells recover a % faster so you can cast WG more often. Maybe you can have it let us spam Lifebloom like we use to. Just something that makes it even better. I don’t think you need a CD reduction mechanic here.

Class Tree - I actually like the class tree although going into the Feral side of the tree as Resto almost feels like a trap. There are some good talents, but you have to waste a few points to get them. I was really hoping to see Well-honed Instincts be more obtainable since it’s such a signature conduit we’ve had for defensives.

My thoughts and ways to improve some spells that can be seen in the talent tree (along with spells mentioned by fellow Rdruids on this nwn forum).

Ysera’s Gift: I think I would change this spell and move it to the bottom line of the druid’s talent tree or make it the default spell. In turn, I would change this for the legion tier, which was the following “When you cast Wild Growth, you have a 100% chance to cause Ysera’s Gift to heal a target 400% more frequently for 5 sec” for a different variant such as: " When you cast Wild Growth, you have a 75-100% chance to cause Ysera’s Gift to heal a target 200% more frequently for 5 sec." At least you would feel an improvement or difference.

Nourish: Even though this talent is old and currently trying to replace healing touch I feel like it should have some separate passive effect that can play into the Rdruid synergy. Many have commented and I agree it should go back to its old state where it put one or another hot when used or at least make it have an X chance of reducing some healing or offensive CD (although this last option I don’t think since it is It would divert a lot from the topic of healing even though the Holy Priest and Rshammy have been given spells to do dps XD)

Treant Form (return/bring it back): This form was very good when it came out as it allows you to passively increase healing to the party/raid and I think it could be a good addition given the fact that the Rdruid is the only one of the 4 specs of the druid that doesn’t have a base animal form (and I won’t count the tree of life form since it’s a 3min ._. healing CD).

Thorns (return / bring her back): You should return this spell as it was very good and would even be amazing for M+ to use in your party but it would give it a slight change with the effect of “Every time the target under the Thorns’ effect has a X chance to deal Z amount of damage and in turn to poison it slowing it down or making it miss when attacking.”

Innervate: I think they should improve this spell since it practically… doesn’t do anything interesting (because it practically only makes our healing spells cost 100% less mana for a few seconds but unlike other healer spells this one doesn’t regenerate mana and this works against him a lot, at least they should give him the passive effect of “For each spell spent, it refunds 5-10% of the mana spent” or something like that).

Faerie Fire: This spell was very characteristic of all the druid’s specs and allowed them to give them a small form of support (I don’t consider it useful) since it reduced the enemy’s armor, they could bring it back with the addition of “The target affected by faerie fire cast slower spells or have a chance to miss the attack”.

PS: what do you guys think? It’s not the best… but I tried to give a hand to one of the specs that I’ve enjoyed using the most for years (Wotlk) ^^

I agree Ysera’s Gift has too many talent points, but that section of the talent tree needs more talents to choose from in that section.

If they reduced it to one point you could almost max out that entire section of the tree.

So hopefully they bring back some decent abilities to choose from. I know you’re not a fan but I would totally be down for Resto Force of Nature. Or something to redistribute over healing.

Dragonriding mechanics for bird form k thx bye

3 Likes
  • Fishing in bear form
  • Fishing in aquatic form
  • New critter form to battle as yourself in pet battles
1 Like

I want Resto to be more sustained healing and less burst healing oriented. HoTs n DoTs are not bursty, they’re sustained healing/damage output. Leave the burst healing to the other classes.

Ysera’s Gift should be 1 talent point. Nourish should be 3% of base mana, not 18%. Mastery should scale better, not worse, though I would rather see a better Master than what we currently have. Maybe make the Mastery: “All HoTs heal X% faster” where X is whatever your Mastery % is. If you had 20% Mastery, your HoTs heal 20% faster. Easy peasy done. It stacks with Haste and makes HoTs feel pretty good. Heck give them the Shaman Mastery. “Your Heal over Time spells heal for X more the lower the health of the target” or something. 20% Mastery would give your HoTs up to 20% more healing the lower the health of the target.

I want Resto to have mana costs reduced for spells considering it literally heals over time, so throwing out like 3 or 5 HoTs per target doesn’t run them OOM quickly.

Clearcast Regrowths should not only be free but also refund 1 or 2% Mana back. It’s not much, but it would help a little bit in regards to that mana stuff.

I don’t think we need Flourish back, it’s quite broken and makes everything else bad that it competes with because nothing else can actually compete with Flourish. It extends HoTs 8 seconds or whatever plus makes them tick 100% faster? Yeah, nothing is coming close to that output wise.

Mother tree being locked behind that Ironbark thing is bad. The thing it’s competing against is cool, but again the point investment needed for it is bad. Put Mother Tree down below at the bottom, and remove Flourish.

Also, why is Adaptive Swarm yet again 3 talent points? It’s perfect for Restoration sustained healing. It should not be 3 points, but if it’s going to be then they need to be 50/100% chance to split into 2 every time it jumps, not this dumb 30/60% chance.

Tranquility needs to be a really, I mean really big healing CD or else why even have it. The one below it should also allow you to move while casting/channeling it. The one below for the extra damage reduction while channeling it, remove that function. Instead, make it able to be channeled while moving. Make that talent reduce the CD by 1 minute plus castable while moving, done. That’s a much better talent than the damage reduction.

2 charges of swiftmend

The spot healing in high fortified keys gets brutal for a druid and feels really bad since your hots are basically irrelevant. You need to top people asap to make sure they don’t get deleted by things like book throws in SD and throw flesh in NW, so you don’t get to wait for your hots to do their thing.

2 charges of swiftmend lets you keep a charge banked for the emergency heal while still getting to use it rotationally to maximize verdant infusion and soul of the forest.

2 Likes

From my own experience… I feel like at least in SL the druid is having trouble healing and doing dps… because of the obvious way to heal and what we’ve been converted to (with all the nerfs and removal of spells or passive effects that healed directly like Healing Touch, Living Seed and abundance) I thought it was kind of stupid to make the class literally a periodic healer… and make our periodic healing not felt. Example: In a week with bursting when they kill 4-5 and my group stacks 4-5 stacks, I usually pre-hit before but I still see how everyone’s life drops like water (even with Wild Growth with soul of the forest, Efflorescence and rejuvenation) and at other times like HoA or ToP big pulls a lot of my hots fail to heal hard and I have to forcefully use CDS like Flourish or Tranquility (apart from spamming regrowth and others) and many times I do (20-30k healing) and eye many times I go with groups that are coordinated. Instead I go with my Hpriest and it doesn’t feel any damage or I find it easier to deal with it or with my Rshammy (although the latter not so much but it can generate a lot of dps passively).

Another thing that makes me very dissatisfied is that thanks to this mechanic it makes the work of doing dps of the Rdruid (in case DF is a SL 2.0 where we have a lot of free time to do dps) very difficult or tedious due to the GCD and dependency to keep your hots (at constant or high damage time). Even the mastery doesn’t help at all since it requires first stacking hots (at least 2) for it to take effect and that they last almost nothing (it’s as if the developers think that our hots last 30sec to think that we are fine with this mastery so bad and stupid ._.) without having better mastery or that replicate our unique druid utility like Holy Priest that leaves a hot when healing or Rshammy that is perfect because it strongly heals a target with less HP.

Right now what the druid needs in DF is talents that improve the duration of hots to make his mastery work correctly or restructure/redo the mastery and make it something more useful as mentioned above by Phoenickz. In addition, that dependence on Rdruid requiring to maintain his hots to heal is not very fair, the only ones with mechanics that are justifiable are: Hpally, MW, Disc Priest and Rdruid. On the other hand Rshammy and Hpriest do not require doing almost anything to be able to heal and do dps and I think that for my part it would be better to make the Rshammy have to depend on charging their totems to heal and in the case of the Hpriest that they increase their mana cost and a void way to cast a lot of dps spells (so all healers would rely on X thing to heal and do dps).

The ideas they’ve come up with are incredible, but I firmly believe they should give us back talents, passives, and effects that allow us to withstand direct damage or heavy damage as I mentioned before.

The good thing for you is: in DF you can talent into Lifebloom counting as 2, plus Germination’s 2 Rejuvs, for 4 HoTs from 3, plus WildGrowth, Regrowth being replicated onto targets with Lifebloom on them, puts you at 6 HoTs.

Now, if they could buff the Mastery to where it requires less numbers to get 1% so you can have like Idk, 50 rating per 1% instead of 130 rating per 1%, then you can have 40% Mastery and have up to 240-280% healing increase on your HoTs, even more with Adaptive Swarm running around for the extra periodic bonus plus the effect of it being another HoT.

You should be able to go over 300% healing increase, then, and just as much if you talented into Nourish for a big heal, you could easily cover that stuff.

Now, again, all of that being put aside that just requires them to lower the amount of value it takes for 1% Mastery. Currently it is 130 Mastery rating/value per 1% Mastery. So I mean…yeah…it’s the second highest requirement right under Guardian at 135 or 140 points per 1%.

I don’t think you understand what base mana means. 18% means 1,800 mana to cast which is what it currently is on live.

Yes, and that’s more than literally all your HoTs but Wild Growth.

It needs to be lower because it’s a nice spell to have for Mastery build, but it runs you OOM quickly.