Restoration Changes You Want In Dragonflight

Post the changes you want to see in Dragonflight, give feed back and comment on others wants, etc.

Here are some changes I want to see in Dragonflight.

• Force of Nature
    I would like to see a restoration version of this spell, that causes the Treants to heal allies.

Reasoning:
I feel in order to appeal more to the class/ specialization fantasy of being a Restoration Druid, it only makes sense for the class that is flora based to be able to summon Treants and use them to assist in healing. Balance is more celestial themed and doesn’t gain as much from the class/ spec fantasy as resto would from this spell.

• Efflorescence
    A Corpse Flower to replace the current Mushroom.

Reasoning:
This would be mostly a cosmetic change, however the reasoning being it can create a more interesting dynamic if you also bring back the Insect Swarm spell.

• Insect Swarm
    Can be cast on an enemy to cause damage over time, but it can also be cast on your Efflorescence Corpse Flower to empower it’s effect and increase it’s radius.

Reasoning:
This would bring back a player favourite spell and give it a unique dynamic/ synergy with Efflorescence. In real life a Corpse Flower has it’s name because it smells like a rotting corpse, it does this to attract insects, which it then traps and consumes for nutrients. This heavily plays into the class/ specialization of Restoration Druids and would unique, fun, and interesting.

It could also replace Moonfire & Sunfire as Restoration’s damage contributing damage over time effect in boss fights. These celestial themed attacks fit the Balance specialization better in terms of class fantasy, but Insect Swarm is much more fitting for Restoration.

• Nature’s Wrath
    Replaces Wrath as Restoration’s damage contribution spell during boss fights.

Reasoning:
This is mostly a cosmetic change, but it would mean bringing back the original spell by name, and hopefully by icon and animation. The green ball is more in tune with Restoration’s class fantasy of being nature/ flora as opposed to Balance’s more celestial based theme.

• Mark of the Wild & Gift of the Wild

Bring back unique class buffs to PvE in general, variety in a raid group is better then homogeneity. Variety is the spice of life. I miss bringing my unique buffs and spells to a raid or dungeon group. It felt good to offer something special and unique for my class or specialization that I play and seeing when a group of different individuals come together becoming stronger as a whole.

• Tree of Life
    I would like to see additional cosmetic options to replace Tree of Life. Preferably a better looking version of a Wandering Ancient. I also feel Night Elves should have Dryad/ centaur cosmetic option for this cool down ability.

Reasoning:
Current Tree of Life is ugly.

New Ability Ideas (Not to be taken 100% seriously but still kind of fun and possibly decent)

• Leech Seed
    Plant a seed on an enemy target for X seconds, causing periodic damage over time and redistributing the damage done as health to nearby allies.

• Ingrain (Passive)
    When you remain still for X seconds, you sprout roots into the ground absorbing nutrients, healing you for X amount every X seconds. Moving breaks the effect.

2 Likes

Bring back hurricane.

5 Likes

It is true that Hurricane was a well liked and fun ability enjoyed by Druids, this is without a doubt the experience of most players.

My struggle with wanting it back stems from a thematic stand point.
It feels to me that hurricane was more thematically suited for Shamans as its more anchored in the class fantasy of elements and storms.

I know there is some debate with Druid’s having wind elemental abilities because of the Druid’s of the Talon /birds. I guess it boils down to a matter of opinion or preference on what each individual wants for the future of the Druid’s class/ specialization fantasy.

Even more controversial, I feel this way about cyclone as well.
Which I know is not a popular opinion to hold at all, so I seldom bring it up.
Perhaps there’s a way to keep the core mechanics of the ability but have it appeal more to the class fantasy through adjusting of the animation, name, and icon.

I actually preferred it for tanking. I’d place hurricane right before a pull and let them Run through it. Was great for snap threat.

This was before thrash existed, and swipe hit like 3 targets. So I guess it’s not really needed now.

Would be cool to add its effect to vortex maybe. Targets inside vortex also get stuck by lightning.

2 Likes
  1. swiftmend
    swiftmend should once again be castable on a target, even if that target does not have one of your HOTs on them. That said, if is cast on a target with a HOT, the HOT will be consumed, and the swiftmend will heal for considerably more

2. mark of the wild returns
    mark of the wild was removed from our pve kit because Blizzard felt druids had enough positive things to make them desirable in groups. I think the same thing could be said about Mages, they bring great dps and many other things, but I don’t think arcane intellect should be taken away from them as a result. buffs are a great way to encourage player interaction and promote diverse raid compositions.

3. Inner peace (talent choice)
    Inner peace now once again allows the druid to cast tranquility while moving. Being able to shift and move is core to the druid class fantasy. Knockback immunity and damage reduction effects have been removed.

4. stampeding roar change (quality of life change)
    stampeding roar no longer forces the druid to shapeshift when used

5. glyph of unshifting
    while in bear, cat, or moonkin form, you maintain your humanoid appearance
    for those that love the fantasy of being a druid, but don’t necessarily want to not be able to see the gear they are wearing most of the time

1 Like

Interesting prospect on Swiftmend.
I will say this, I do enjoy having a bit of HoT management as a way of making healing more interesting and not so easy.
I’m not sure how I feel about a weaker Swiftmend on targets without a HoT on them, seems okay, but I wouldn’t want healing as a Druid to be too simple or easy.
It could possibly work as a talented option choice and was competitive with other options to healing within the same choice bracket.
Keep in mind we usually get a version of Swiftmend that doesn’t consume the HoT as a set bonus or legendary effect.
Not sure how that synergy would impact this change.
Interesting suggestion nonetheless, and I’m definitely open to the concept of it.

I 100% agree with you on Mark of Wild, everything you said.

Funny thing about the Inner Peace suggestion is apart of me likes the idea and another part of me doesn’t. I absolutely hate when I misuse Tranquility and it gets cut short from having to dodge or move out of fire or some boss attack. Another part of me enjoys having some difficulty in healing as Druid and timing my spells and managing them properly. If it was a talent choice, I would like to see it be a difficult choice over another healing talent. That way I can get some other benefit or bonus from a different talent if I’m required to have less forgiving use on Tranq.

Disagree on Stampeding Roar, you should be in beast mode to use Beast attacks.

As for Glyph of unshifting, I’ll agree with you for Moonkin, the Astral form glyph does exist so it’s sort of meeting you half way besides the glow effect. So I’m not against a pure character form for it. I’m against the unshifted Bear or Cat, this is core to a shapeshifting class, may as well role a Warrior or Rogue otherwise.

1 Like

Force of nature like it is but for all 4 specs. It’s a second tank cooldown for resto an sudo aoe taunt for bear(we didn’t get ours back when warrior did) and good utility for feral and boomy in keys.

Hurricane either as it own spell or maybe an improvement option for ursol vortex in the resto balance half of the class tree.

Think natures vigil was already in the preview as a damage option so thats a major one back.

A talent to make innervate give us 100% mana reduction when cast on a friendly target instead of 50% so I dont feel like I’m loosing out.

Maybe a temp pet or something similarly npc-ish; druids suppose to be allies of the wilds but we don’t really get that class fantasy outside of forces of nature and that one balance tier set from HFC that summoned Faerie drakes.

I like resto’s core healing loop already with hot stacking and preemptive healing so it’s mostly just damage and qol options.

1 Like

Agreed, I’d definitely like to see Force of Nature available to Restoration in a healing capacity.

I think Force of Nature sorta fulfils the desire for a temporary pet, you do get three Treants for a few seconds, technically.

Haha, could you imagine a permanent Treant as a resto pet to redistribute your over healing? hmm… not sure if that’s a good thing or not but sounds awesome.

I wouldn’t mind a section of the talent tree that makes us choose between a style of innervate. Personally I wouldn’t mind if you could talent it into a mana regain ability instead. I would 100% prefer it to be mana regain as opposed to mana cost reduction.

2 Likes

Wonder if Nature’s Vigil will be the imba WoD form or a toned down one? lol… I remember bursting as boomy in pvp in wod and had that bound with my burst macro and you could heal to full in two-three starsurges.

1 Like

Haha I get that it was enjoyable, but sounds overpowered, is it good having such power?

Thematic? Balance druids were originally a nature class. We summoned treants and blinding insect swarms (it used to be a debuff), hurled leafy green balls of wrath, called roots from the ground, and controlled the weather by summoning cyclones, hurricanes, and typhoons. Moonfire and starfire were a bit out of place but could be seen as nods to Elune. With just a seed, we could coax nature to overcome death itself and resurrect a dead foe in the heat of combat. We shapeshifted into animals and passing by a friendly druid earned you MotW and its pawprint buff. All of our healing spells are green and nature-based as well, clear down to shapeshifting into a tree.

The class started to really lose its way lorewise with Eclipse, which was largely introduced to force us to use both wrath and starfire. Solar beam was iffy, and the nature/summoner theme went fully into the dumpster with Starsurge, starfall, sunfire, the lunar moonkin form glyph, and the weird yellow wrath graphic.

I would welcome the return of the nature-based class theme, with antlers on my head, leaves on my shoulders, and my leafy green wrath back. I still mog the old T1 deer antlers when I’m in the mood.

3 Likes

This will be a super unpopular opinion, but I really hate lifebloom and want to see it removed. It is never fun to cast and is a pain in the a** to keep track of.

I also think our mastery is boring and would love to see something a bit more interesting in that space.

You’re right!

Those are unpopular opinions.

3 Likes

Originally perhaps they were, but this doesn’t appear to be the theme or specialization fantasy any longer. They do seem to be more aligned with celestial bodies such as the stars sun and moon. Slowly over time these abilities have bee renamed or cosmetically altered to fit this motif.

The nature motif, specifically plants are now more of a restoration specialization fantasy.
I like the differentiation between the specs and bring interesting variety to the game.

I really hate the resto mastery. I would rather see the mastery affect the haste of HoTs or just increase HoT healing by a flat percentage.

If it absolutely has to keep the same style it currently has then just have it work off of one HoT instead of stacking for each one. Then increase the healing percentage to compensate for only having one stack.

1 Like

HoT haste would just make mastery a worse version of haste, and flat HoT healing would be a worse version of Versatility.

I think the current version is interesting, though it admittedly isn’t flawless. It’s 0 damage gain (though you can argue that makes the spec more interesting because you have to prioritize stats that offer less healing for more damage instead of getting the best of both worlds), and mastery scales worse proportionately to an increased number of people in your group, making it less valuable in a raid setting vs a dungeon group.

There are ways to go about changing it, but I’m not sure I would even want to change it. Current mastery does create some interesting choices and fun gameplay moments as is.

I wouldn’t mind seeing something about rewarding the number of active hots you have in total instead of per person, but that could potentially get silly with effects that spread hots passively (Vision of Unending Growth), or effects that “blanket” the group (Tranquility, Efflo w/ Spring Blossoms).

We’re getting all kinds of talents that will do exactly that.

That sounds boring and essentially makes every talent/spell we have pointless.

Cult/2pc? Don’t need it.
Spring blossoms… don’t need it.
Lifebloom? Don’t need it
Rejuv? Don’t need it.
CW? Don’t need it.

Just spam regrowth ( since it has its own hot) and just maybe the occasional WG.

Zzzzzz. Hard pass.

All the tank masteries increase attackpower for damage so having something similar for resto would be nice; not a flat spell power buff since that would also increase healing.

something flavourful enough like increasing damage per dot for resto druids; really just what their healing does but flipped to damage targets for all healers would be great and would give an easy tuning option for healer damage.

The Mastery is pretty decent if you’re style is throwing as many hots on the tank as possible.
If your raid healing with multiple Rejuv’s going on same targets its not bad either.
Decent for PvP as well.

I agree though, it is slightly lackluster, I think it should add an additional effect on top of what it already does.

5% of hot over healing redistributed to injured allies.

or something like that, would be a nice little touch.

The detail is that even though the mastery sounds striking for the Rdruid, it is practically every time you put a hot (with a GCD of 1-1.5sec) and every second counts and our hots practically do not last for many (I mean they have never lasted that long but you get the point) it’s not like other masteries where you can get a lot of benefit like Hpriest (which leaves a Hot), Rshammy (Heals much more the less you have), Paladin’s (The closer you are to the target you heal more ), MW (which if I’m not mistaken casts an extra instant heal when using certain healing spells) and finally the Disc priest (which improves their shields and increases the atonement or damage healing I think I remember). Need an extra buff or buff from it like… dunno… Mastery: Harmony, your heal over time spells have a % chance to add “Living Seed” or “Other Effect” to the target to prevent/heal the next incoming damage. Or something like that so that the druid’s mastery is better than the one we have since it is more focused on a single target or at most 3 (without having to spend cds to take advantage of the hots)

1 Like