Resto Druid M+ talents

Hello. I’ve been wondering what are the optimal talents for M+, currently I’ve been running Cenarion Ward, Tiger Dash, Feral affinity, Typhoon, Cultivation, Spring Blossoms and Flourish however, I never compared with other talents to see how optimal my performance really is. What do you usually run with?

Photosynthesis is the best m+ talent for the 100 row. Everything else is standard.

1 Like

Truly? I’ve felt like flourish helps me quite a lot when it comes to huge AoE damage, I Wild Growth or cast Tranquility and use flourish once they are about to end. BAM huge heals to everyone.

I understand the feeling, and in raids, for sure Flourish is by and large the more powerful talent. Combining it with Tranquility is one of the stronger healing CDs out there for raw healing.

But in m+, photo does two things. One, you can throw it on the tank, and between that and passive hots, be relatively assured he’ll be safe. Or, if your group is taking large amounts of damage, throw it on yourself, both giving yourself a bit more sustain and significantly increasing your group output.

Not only is the healing versatile in this way, it’s quick, only taking one GCD, it’s constant, and it allows you to focus on other things, like preparing for incoming damage, handling mechanics, or catweaving.

Flourish would be stronger, for a single use. But photo is a constant benefit, and it’s more versatile.

7 Likes

Yeah, I just tested, and it’s extremely powerful, specially because of Ysera’s Gift. When I am not full health I use it on me so I can heal others with the Ysera’s Gift passive making my HPS way better.
Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

I tend to prefer incarn, especially above 10s. The extra hot is nice, but sometimes you have to be able to pump out a massive amount of healing…especially in grevious, bursting etc.

1 Like

I usually just run Cenarion Ward or Abundance, Tiger Dash, Feral Affinity or sometimes Guardian Affinity, Typhoon, Cultivation, Spring Blossoms and Photosynthesis for M+. I’d likely swap out Cultivation for Tree of Life for higher keys.

1 Like

I personally Run Abundance and Germ with all the other hot talents. I usually have 17% mastery and really love how the Germ playstyle feels.

I do swap to tree for some Tyrannical Dungeons or for Grevious, and I’ll use the stonebark talent on Necrotic sometimes.

3 Likes

I prefer Renewal over Wild/Tiger Dash for M+. There’s just not many instances where I feel I need anything more than Dash + Catform. I’d say some of the talents definitely depend on the affixes for the week. Abundance seems especially good for grievous weeks.

Very unpopular opinion but I definitely agree. I have A Renewal + Health pot macro and it’s great. Allows me to focus on the rest of the group in high damage areas and negates two stacks of bursting with just Renewal.

If people aren’t trying to stagger Bursting then I can see Renewal being useful, but it promotes bad play in general if you don’t bother dodging a mechanic and just top yourself off.

I tried running renewal recently, however… Without tiger dash I felt “naked”. It’s so useful to dodge stuff.

1 Like

Renewal is fine. It’s a very common pick. There aren’t that many opportunities to use mobility cooldowns well in the BFA dungeons and you’re incredibly mobile without them anyway.

2 Likes

Umm… what?

Absolutely not.

Wild charge is hands down the best talent in that row. Combined with a mouse-over macro, charge is the quickest way to dodge mechanics in a single global. You can close gaps. Jump over fire. Catch up to the tank after drinks. The uses are endless and it’s constantly on cool down.

1 Like

Sure it’s good, but also unnecessary most of the time. Revival can pull up clutch in Freehold, Waycrest Manor, Kings Rest minimally. What fire are you jumping over? Specify the mechanic. We are already the most mobile healer in the game by a mile. You can walk out of mechanics without losing any damage or healing.

In a game with very few proper personal preference rows, this is one of them.

4 Likes

I’d assume for really high keys Renewal would be even better especially on Tyrannical?

1 Like

You have heals to keep yourself topped, bark skin and even iron bark to reduce incoming damage, Not the mention the endless choices of azerite traits to further reduce, heal or outright prevent the damage.

After ALL of that, if you’re still having trouble staying alive and you rely on a pvp talent to stay alive, then you probably suck. As the most mobile healer in game it sounds like you’re having a hard time dodging mechanics.

What fire you ask?

Rixxa Fluxflame. I use it to leap over her azerite pools with ease and take 0 damage.
Also useful to dodge her cone.

Coin operated pummeler. I use it to kick bombs and the instantly gtfo of the shocking arc.

Merektha. His noxious pools can sometimes divide the room. Wild charge can put me where I need to be in one global.

That’s just a few examples. But charge has uses on every encounter.

Stop standing in fire dude.

My default on that row is wild charge for the range of options it brings. On keys with very high hps requirements like the last boss in Tol Dagor on high tyrannical I sometimes take renewal to save a gcd or depending on affix to remove grievous without a gcd. 9.5/10 times though I prefer wild charge.

1 Like

Saying that those who use a different talent suck weakens your argument btw. I don’t think Wild Charge is a bad choice, but there are ample unavoidable mechanics that Renewal can help with too. Wild Charge is doing nothing for you when you have Spit Gold, it’s unable to counter Nettles and it offers nothing against Eudoras Powder Shot. It’s similarly useless on ultra high throughput fights like Galvazzt and bursty fights like Korgus. All of which I see players struggle with regularly.

It’s a personal preference row. The advantages of each are straightforward. Wild Charge offers reasonable mobility and an arguable small DPS increase by reducing downtime. It also lets you pull off some tidy stealth skips in a few dungeons.
Renewal gives you a defensive which can be key on high tyrannical bosses. Players choice.

7 Likes

I didn’t say people who use the other talents suck. I said you suck if youre constantly taking damage because you don’t dodge mechanics.

As for your examples… deal with those mechanics the same way you would if they were cast on someone else. Swiftmend. Vastly shorter cool down and it heals for more than 30% hp.

Spit gold. I deal with it with barkskin, azerite bubble, and a rejuv. Wild charge puts me back into melee range (where my efflorescence is) after safely dropping my puddle.

#idontseetheproblem

Korgus is 100% positioning. People die because they are standing in the wrong spot. Simple as that.