Respeccing cost too high for low levels?

That’s a choice that has to be made. Pretty realistic huh? Save for a car or buy a few cases of beer? The choice has consequences.
See a smarter being knows the car can make them more money on the long run to buy all the beer they want. Save for the car…

Hmmm. These seem…to conflict a bit…
Throw the guide away.

Y’know, I don’t entirely disagree. Even back in vanilla in 2004-2006, I thought it was pretty absurd to have to pay 1g, 5g, for a mistake, or because a certain build doesn’t make sense until you reach a certain level. I wished then that the respec cost could take into account how many talent points there were. 1g for 20 or 40 of them, maybe, but not 1g to reset 5 of them.

BUT, that was 2004-2006 and that (“needed”) change never happened.

Going into WOW Classic, we knew that is how it would be because that is how it was. We also knew we weren’t going to have talent resets with multiple patches like 2004-2006. The only thing we weren’t sure about was whether a decay was going to happen.

So, what does that mean? Generally it means I only allow myself one mistake correction or talent build change on a character under level 40. My druid switched to Feral. My shaman is still Elemental, but really close to switching. My dagger rogue has Remorseless Attacks which I’ve found mostly useless (because stealthing to the next mob, pickpocketing and then doing my opener usually means it drops), but I’m making it work and otherwise doing well.

You’re not meant to respec very often.

Think about your decisions.

1 Like

If you can’t make it to 60 without ratcheting the respec fee to the 50g maximum, that’s a personal issue.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’d rather find a way around the problem than admit that there is one?

If you’re entire argument boils down to “That’s just how it was back then” without elaborating why it was or why it needs to stay that way, I feel like that is a very weak position.

I’m not so much concerned with the ‘what’ as I am with the ‘why’, and ‘what’ it is, is a bad system. Please explain to me why offering discounts for low levels/pre-60’s is a bad idea?

I’m a bit of a #nochanger myself in that, I’m against systems that makes the game easier. I want the game to be hard. LFR, LFD, flying mounts, weak mobs, too much AoE, heirlooms, extremely cheap mounts at 20 and 40, and end-dungeon xp bonuses, all make the game trivial in current wow. I’m against anything that would make the game easier or more trivial. Only problem is that I don’t see how allowing low levels to respec at a discount betrays that.

I’m even fine with the respec cost at max level, when you have the means to make a large amount of gold. That isn’t an option at low levels. You either stick to the guide or you’re f’ed.

They are linked if you bothered to listen to what I was saying. I follow the guide BECAUSE I can’t experiment, because experimenting would likely cost me a hefty amount of gold if it doesn’t work out/isn’t as good as I thought it was going to be.

I’d like to go sub, I’d like to experiment and give sub a try, but knowing that it could possible backfire and cost me every penny I have is what keeps me glued to the saftey of my guide.

Id love to see non aoe classes farm 50g in “a few hours” at level 30 without professions

2 Likes

I think he’s referring to the braindead mage wool cloth farm AoE spam in hillsbrad. Great if you’re a mage, not so much if you’re anything else.

thats a great idea

Farm the cats in SoS the grays they drop add up fast in raw gold.

It’s about 2 hours for a mage, 6 hours for a warrior. But a warrior can duo farm with a mage by stacking them up for the mage then mage aoe them down.

It’s a good idea if your new to a realm and struggling for gold to farm those cats while you also farm exp for lvls.

Sure there are better methods with professions, but it’s doable without regardless of class.

Get more gold. This isn’t a game problem. This is a you problem. I have the same problem. I hate farming pve content. Don’t care much for trying to fight Susan on the AH either but if I want things that cost gold? I do both.
If you want something bad enough. You just do it.

1 Like

Guy #1: Help! Somebody cut my hand off!
Guy #2: Get another hand. Ever heard of prosthetics? Sounds like a you problem.

Guy #1: I bought something and now I am all out of money to buy more.
Guy #2: Well, go get more money if you want to buy more.

1 Like

In other words, completely missing the point. Nice.

What was your point then? You seemed to imply that when “someone cut off my hand” that it was taken away involuntarily.

The solution to not having enough gold though is to go out and go make some more gold…so I am not sure what you were trying to imply or what point you could have been trying to make.

1 Like

Kind of seems like they matched it appropriately to the relative income level at each stage of the leveling process, actually. A level 20 changing their mind will pay a handful of silver, perhaps an hour of grinding. The level 60 will pay perhaps an hour of grinding worth of gold.

Well first I would ask why they stuck their hand in the saw.
I can see how the real world situation of losing a limb compares to pushing buttons in a video game to farm a resource in said video game. <<<sarcasm

So now you skirt around the issue because you have no point.

Your entire argument is “That’s just how it is” and offer no justification for standing by it other than just obligatory ‘#nochanges’ with no supporting rationale.

The entire point of classic is to go back to vanilla wow, not go back to vanilla wow and change every percieved issue.

1 Like

Then you’re not a nochanger at all, and never were. You are a onlythechangesIpersonallywant.

Heck, you’re not even consistent with yourself. How does freeing up significant amounts of gold from respecs not make the game easier? That extra gold could go to weapons, mounts, consumables, any number of things that make the game easier.

Most people want their personal changes. But the thing is, no one can agree on what to change. And most changes would drive away some portion of people. So if something does get changed… I’m gonna need a better reason than what you’re providing, tbh.

2 Likes

its really not that bad and I generally respec 3 times a week