[RESOLVED] Some Mages cannot get Frozen Orb Rune: SERIOUS BUG

After turning in the final quest step, for some mages (including myself), the mob spawns and then immediately despawns.

So now I have no quest to abandon and try again, and no rune. I’ve returned to every spot along the quest chain to try and do SOMETHING to get it going again, to no avail.

Please, please, can we get a fix to this. It really sucks to start off Phase 4 not being able to pick up such an impactful rune as this.

9 Likes

Reload your ui that fixed it for me when i had an issue with a rune cause my bags were full i couldnt restart the part to get the rune i did /reload and boom fixed

There was no issue with bag space – the mob just instantly despawns. Can’t even kill it to get a rune.

I’ve tried returning to every area of the rune quest chain over multiple days after relogs/reloads/etc, seeing if there is anything I can do trigger it again, but nothing

1 Like

it’s such a dumb oversight to not have it be an actual quest so you can abandon and try again… :expressionless:

The first time I tried to do it, it just didn’t spawn for me at all, and I actually was able to abandon the quest and try it again.

The second time is when AFTER turning in the quest, the mob spawned and despawned.

I totally agree – what if someone were to D/C and died from the mob? They can never get the rune now?

You also can’t see other mage’s spawns, so you can’t even group up with someone to try and get it

3 Likes

Massive L here Blizzard. Frozen orb is my favourite ability in any version of WoW, I’ve been waiting since before p1 hoping that it would be added and now I can’t get it because I died before I could kill the mob that spawns. FIX THIS PLEASE!

3 Likes

BUMP – Blizzard PLEASE address this

Any other mages having this issue, please comment on this post to keep it at the top

Sorry blizz is MIA at this point…probably making sandwiches

Yeah, it’s funny, 2 out of 4 mages in my guild missing it due to bug.

1 Like

The same thing happened to my friend. We were in a group together, both turned in the quest, but only I could see the mob that dropped the rune. Now he can’t get the rune.

1 Like

And it’s been an issue since launch of Phase 4.

Three days of hotfixes, some of them big, some of them small… with no mention of this. Minor stuff is getting fixed meanwhile we cannot even acquire our runes.

I am dealing with this same issue. I turned in the quest “Healing the Healer,” and killed the Shade that spawns after turning in the quest. Before I was able to loot the Shade for the rune I was killed by a group of Horde. The run back was long enough that the mob had despawned before I was able to get back and I was not able to loot my rune. I am not able to loot the rune through other Mage spawns as well. Because I turned in the quest I am unable to receive the Flask required to spawn the quest mob that would allow me to get the Rune as well… This is a HUGE setback for me at the moment as Frozen Orb is optimal for Frost PvE and PvP builds. PLEASE HELP!

I turned in the quest, killed the mob and before I could loot the mob was killed by a Horde group. The run took so long the mob had despawned. I was able to kill a different mob that had spawned a few times but it did not spawn any loot. I am now unable to get the rune. Please help. I have no way to restart the quest chain or spawn the mob in any way.

1 Like

PLEASE HELP! This is a serious bug, super annoying.

1 Like

Please fix this!

1 Like

Bump. Guys please address this it is a serious issue for Frost Mages making them much less viable in PvE/PvP. It is only an issue affecting those that had something occur after turning in the quest and killing the mob such as getting ganked or DC.

1 Like

I feel your pain mate… I’ve been shouting on here + other media platforms + making many tickets and bug reports since Day 2 of launch. I haven’t heard a peep.

It’s really annoying that we have to become activists to get something major fixed in a game that we pay for.

1 Like

In the very same situation

2 Likes

Bump, please help this is a game breaking bug for Mages.

1 Like

Bumping again as I just want to be able to play the game. I don’t want to nag Aggrend on Twitter everyday, please help with the issue or at least acknowledge it.

2 Likes