Reset Echoes... Please

They said they do all content though, not just horrific visions.

I think they are delaying most of the proposed changes unless I am mistaken.

I looked at your armory when I looked at your gear. I don’t understand and I probably never will understand what you think you are behind in.

The wheel is turning but your hamster is dead ma’dam.

Move on from me since you can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Yup, that’s how you can get down from needing 48 visions to 36 visions to catch up.

The race is that people like me with 30k echoes can go and buy 2-4 corruptions of my choice and slap them on my gear immediately. Those who have 0 echoes because they already had all essences maxed out get nothing out of the gate.

Yes, everyone is going to do that anyway, but some people get a 2-3 month headstart on having their ideal corruption on gear. That ideal corruption will make 2-3 months of mythic+, raids, and pvp easier.

Are you competing with that person in that race they are running?

Also where are you getting the numbers from.

You don’t know that.

Maybe your corruption doesn’t show up in the first 2-3 weeks.

Yes 10 char

Awesome, what exactly are you doing and how are you competing with them and what do you win if you come first.

Arena.

A glad mount.

So they are PvPing?

Yes <10char>

Really? It is odd they didn’t mention that, they just mentioned mythic plus.

I am PVP’ing. You done playing stupid? The amount of hand holding needed to get across basic concepts of competition in General Discussion forum is akin to making sure preschoolers don’t get hit by traffic crossing the street.

I see so you saying you were competing with them wasn’t the truth? I personally don’t think someone has much of an argument if they have to make up things.

1 Like

Here’s an example:

A raid of 20 players have 2 warlocks. Warlock A has all the essences at rank 3 and Warlock B didn’t do the pvp essences. Warlock B now has 30k echoes and can go buy a level 3 Infinite Stars for single target and a level 3 Twilight Devastation for Mythic+. Warlock B now does more damage in raids not because he worked harder but because he skipped content.

Those two are racing each other in a friendly competition. Probably no harm done, but it does hurt Warlock A to do less damage simply because he did more content.

In a mythic raid guild with toxic officers, its possible that Warlock A might need to sit out some fights because they’re behind.

Also, its kind of the point of the game to do the best you can. We’re always competing for top dps, fastest raid completion, highest arena score, ect ect. Having more corruption allows you do win those objectives.

3 Likes

Everyone that’s agrees with OP would make the biggest and best change to the current state of WoW by quitting!!

1 Like

And people who were lucky before got to ‘win’ the race. Was that better?

1 Like

I agree that there needs to be some kind of catch-up or make-good (I’ve got multiple characters that stopped earning Echoes), but it shouldn’t involve takiing Echoes away from people who had them saved up.

99% of GD is a casual player base that grew up as a generation where participation trophies were handed out, thus they do not understand the key fundamentals of competition.

2 Likes