Requiring "score" to use valor upgrades = poor system

Think about it, valor upgrading is expensive. Dungeons only give like 200 valor max if you get bonus valor… Taking an item from a +2 ilvl up to 12/12 upgraded is VERY costly in terms of valor.

If someone isn’t good enough to push high keys, but has a lot of time to play the game. hy can’t they grind 12/12 pieces by doing low keys?

Requiring a “score” to max upgrades, only enforces reasons for people to buy boosts/carries.

It should be if you can do high keys you can gear faster, but everyone should have the chance to have goals to work towards and be able to upgrade their items. Valor currently feels kind of useless if all you do is low keys. There could be various reasons why someone stays in the lower key brackets.

I personally find keys +2 to +5 the “fun” bracket, then it just gets stressful and the 8-13 range is the most painful. I have 0 desire to do KSM on more then 1 character. I just want goals to work towards without having to suck the fun from the game.

58 Likes

You shouldn’t be doing that anyway.

Up to 9/12, you shouldn’t be using valor, just redo the dungeon on a higher difficulty to get the upgrade for free.

13 Likes

I’m saying we should be able to if we want to.

Some people who might only be able to do low keys should be able to take the long path to better gear.

16 Likes

For me, I think that the way the score brackets are set up are pretty fair, you can get full 278 ilvl without any score. 278 is more than enough for 10s even if you are very new, which can get you to 1500 score, which will take you up to 291 item level, which is definitely enough for 15s, especially if you get good players in your group.

10 Likes

The issue though is that I find keys +5 and under to be fun. Little stress. Smash through them with geared DPS. Not much rage/quitters/stress from healing etc etc

I would like a path of gearing that never requires 10’s or 15’s, especially for alts. As a DPS I don’t know how to play them well enough to do high keys.

5 Likes

because people should not be able to get max level loot by doing nothing but trivial content.

no they shouldn’t

unless they’re willing to step into the more difficult content, they shouldn’t have access to the gear that content rewards.

36 Likes

If it’s slow, time consuming and something you work at, what’s the harm?

This helps give more casual players goals to work towards without having to deal with toxic players and such.

Plus gives players less reason to support the boosting community, because if you can work for stuff yourself you might be less likely to pay others to carry you through high keys.

9 Likes

Sure, you should.

3 Likes

You are able to, it’s just… well, let’s say it’s impossible to put nicely.

You’ll climb as your gear goes up.

Pay 12k valor to upgrade your weapon from 1/12… or just get an upgrade from another higher key.

humm… what a big dilema that is.

I repeat : you shouldn’t be upgrading 1/12 items up all the way. That’s just a massive grind, grinder than just refarming the drops.

2 Likes

There is none let players do it anyway the like.

1 Like

What are you even saying dude ?

I said he shouldn’t do that, not that he can’t. I can’t stop him anyway. Can’t you read ?

Are you against giving people advice now ? Just point and laugh at them for making mistakes that could be prevented with a little information ?

4 Likes

If you need 12/12 to run 5s something is wrong.

this :point_up:

9 Likes

Can you read?

I am saying they can play anyway they want to and upgrade their gear the anyway they want to.

1 Like

I can. Can you ? The word “Shouldn’t” isn’t complicated.

So you really are against giving people advice.

Yet, they shouldn’t. If they want to, they can. Nothing is stopping them. But if they value their time, they shouldn’t.

It’s advice. You are against giving advice.

1 Like

Just because something isn’t the most efficient way doesn’t mean they can do it.

Nope, but you can keep making that up.

Dude, it’s advice. Take it or leave, I’m gonna give it.

You’re literally berrating me for giving advice right now.

Get out of here.

1 Like

No way, you said they shouldn’t do something.

No, way.

1 Like

Gasp! I told them they SHOULDN’T do something that they are still free to do! As a piece of advice! HOW DARE I!

Is this for real, am I being punked here ?

Where’s Ashton Kutcher.

1 Like

You could have delivered it in a nicer way.

/popcorn

this is great

16 Likes