"Requires Level 70" Issues since 10.2.7 Release

Has this still not been addressed by Blizz? Ok then. Looks like it’s affecting other things like stay classy achievement as well. It feels like a pre patch dropped for the new expansion and all of those things moved into that. Did I miss where this last patch was a pre-patch for the next expansion?

1 Like

Confirmed to be a bug - see the tweet in the wowhead article:

4 Likes

When I contacted CS about it they said it wasn’t a known bug, and this was only late last night. Lame-o. Glad they’re on it now, though.
Shame it only mentions the portals in the article, though. That’s far from the only issue.

1 Like

the issues are all likely related, and hopefully fixing one fixes them all
hopefully
:<

2 Likes

/run DragonridingPanelSkillsButtonMixin:OnClick()

Macro to open renown trak and to place dragonriding points

9 Likes

Is there a hotfix coming?

Thank you so much for the command line!

2 Likes

Having the same things as mentioned above. See that WQ rewards are scaled to ilvl 327 and not the usual low lvl rewards. Did not do ant WQs though. Maybe it is supposed to be like this? Tried this on a lvl 60 toon.

Having the same issue, have tried a fresh install, no addons, just the base game and nothing that was suggested from the ticket has resolved the issue.

My level 67 paladin replaced the itemlevel 306 heirloom pants with a itemlevel 327 world quest reward. The itemlevel of my char went from 320 to 319 and strength went from 3390 to 3374.

The itemlevel of world quest rewards isn’t the 327 that is shown in the tooltip.

Heirloom at level 67: tooltip says itemlevel 306 and 171 strength.

World Quest reward: tooltip says itemlevel 327 and 207 strength. But it actually has an itemlevel lower than 306 and only 155 strength.

Edit: The armory says itemlevel 296 and 155 strength.

Seeing same/similar weird things on my level 60s alts since the last patch.

WQs only drop level 70 gear. Also seeing issue with the dragonriding skills tree button not showing on lower level alts.

Regarding the “A New Set of Horns” quest, I can confirm that going to the barber shop and making one change will allow the quest to be turned in and completed. Workaround for now.

I can’t use the SW portal to Valdrakken–tells my level 65 character that it requires level 70.

Based on what I’ve been reading, there are a lot of issues regarding level-70 requirements for previously lower-than-70-requirement items and interactions since the last patch.

3 Likes

Also having these issues on my level 62 dracthyr character. Hopefully gets fixed soon

Thank you for the workaround… saved my butt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bumping thread. Can not progress dragon flying quest on my 62 alt. Rostrum of Transformation requiring lv70.

The Legion portal is no longer available to sub 45 players, even though it was until now for those who had started the questline. Those sub 45 players who talk to chromie are told to “go back to Legion”, ie given the follow up quest that assumes they have already completed the artifact quest, opened their class hall, and have a working Dalaran hearthstone. Instead of getting the first breadcrumb quest on selecting Legion from Chromie, it now pops when they use the portal to go to Azsuna at 45+ and fly themselves to Dalaran.

I see these as 3 separate changes that were made as part of a planned change to leveling access in Legion. I’m not sure how you think these separate changes could have made themselves.

They’ve given you incentive to play Cata classic and MoP remix in the near future by making it harder to level characters you were working on right now. You can consider this a tin foil hat theory. Your claim seems to be that all these apparently random gamebreaking changes are unrelated.

It makes sense to me that the reason the group finder was so broken (did they get it working for everyone yet?) was because they had pulled staff off it to work on a last minute project, and neither got completed.

Just coming to report this same issue. My level 67 lock has many world quests that offer gear upgrades of ilvl 327 and I would love to do them, but they all require level 70 to equip, thus making each one of them a waste of time to do, because the BoA gear that we can buy for level 70s are way higher ilvl than these quests (454 baseline I think?). Hopefully next reset fixes it.

I did the quest on my lvl 61 and was able to equip even though it appeared to be lvl70 quest it was not you can equip after completion.

327 and 350 gear but it scales less now in actual reality to the level of the recipient

I just tried one and it worked as you mentioned, so that’s good I guess. I did notice some of my 350 gear I had previously was changed to 327 (not all, just a few pieces) and some that were below 327, like my trinkets, were bumped up to 327, so that was nice. I’m not entirely sure what they’re trying to do, but hopefully they get it all straightened out so that things don’t keep changing.

There have been plenty of complaints. Now Legion Chromie time now only gives access to Legion dungeons. If you think all these changes just spontaneously made themselves and seem to be worked together with some common theme, I think they didn’t make themselves. Removing access to Legion content sub-45 didn’t do itself. Let them admit there’s a bug and give us a timeframe for fixing it if what you are guessing is correct.

Just lending another voice to confirm this is still in effect and am experiencing this bug with my own characters. The rostrum workaround, with the barbershop, was super helpful in the meantime. But very frustrating still not to have the minimap icon for Dragonriding and Faction progress available.

1 Like