REQUEST Realms with real GMs to battle botting

no that costs money and bobby already has his scheduled 100 firings for next month to line up with his new jet purchase.

8 Likes

You buying a majority of ActiBlizz’s voting stock and taking over the company to demand this change is actually far more likely to happen.

1 Like

Well. I guess I will see if I can give Elon Musk, Sundar Pichai, Bill Gates, Tim Cook, Satya Nadella or others a quick call to help back my takeover.

At first I laughed. Then I paused. Then I frowned.

2 Likes

I would also request a similar option. I think real GMs are the only way to help combat botting.

I suspect many of the services that Blizzard used to use people to manage are nkw automated. People are right to be worried about bots… Most jobs that can be automated or replaced by AI will be.

Well. There’s always the hope that if the AI finally becomes self-aware that the AI will demand a salary. /wink

I have no doubt as many services as possible have been and are being automated. So far, as far as I am aware, a real GM, or whatever Blizzard designates their anti-botting team members, would still be improved by both a real human being potentially even with augmenting the hunt for bots using AI.

Or I can hope at least.

Not going to happen.

GM’s cost money.
Bots earn Activision money.

The only time they ban bots is when they need a quick up tick in profits. So they ban the bots and then they immediately start leveling new bots on new accounts, thus garnering a spike in profits.

Guys I just bought out Activision with all the gold I made doing GDKP runs. I’m going to start by firing Bobby and hiring Omar as CEO.

2 Likes

You are the hero we need.

To be fair the botters usually purchase accounts in regions where the sub-fee is ~$4-usd-equivalent per month. So it’s not as if that subscription could not be offset by those of us who are willing to pay an additional service fee to fund real anti-botting-GMs. That was my thought or my request for ideas to ask for ways you could make is to offset the cost from the perspective of Blizzard to incentivize ActiBlizz to do so.

15,000 bots paying 4 dollars > 150,000 bots paying 0 dollars.

that will cost money
Bobby needs a new Yatch and Private Jet
and he wants anew Private Island so dont expect any Costumer service soon

Yes. Of course. Which is where my idea of offering a potential additional service option to help hire anti-bot GMs or anti-bot Security Team members or whatever Blizzard wants to call them would offset said accounts.

I would be happy to pay a little extra for anti-bot staffing, but could you imagine the publicity re: server disparity?

But that’s P2W; what about the poor people who can’t afford to pay extra? It’s not fair!

The option of a boost is being offered as a paid-service. So, to offset a realm when you pay the same fee to not have boosting available. How about that option?

BTW that’s the exact opposite of P2W. It’s actually anti-P2W if your position is claiming that by somehow ‘preventing boosting’ is… P2W (?) that’s illogical.

That is 100% not the case.
It also is 100% not required at all. Activision does not need “more money” to hire regular qa and gm staff lol

Alright. So if they do not require more money then just offer realms as original TBC with no paid boosts. It’s not a big ask to make Classic TBC be as TBC was originally without paid boosts.

Forum Moderator Note: While I’m willing to accept that this topic wasn’t opened with intent to troll, there is a great deal if misinformation in it and there has been trolling in it. As such, I’m closing it down. Delimicus’ post is pretty much on the ball though.