Request: Hardcore Mode & Transmog System in Wotlk Classic - why it makes sense with #SomesChanges philosophy

Before you jump to my throat, just gimme five minutes to explain it.

In the light of the pillars for #SomeChanges explained by Blizzard last week, with the uncoming Achievement System (yay!) and (at last!) changes in boosting in Wotlk Classic, I think both features will be good for the health of the expansion.

1. Hardcore Mode:

Season of Mastery showed us that there is a community willing to try the Soul of Iron Mode. This is a spin to the leveling experience that - with no boosting - will make the pre Northrend content relevant trough the expansion - making the feature allign with the pillars The World is the Main Character & Nurture and Protect Social Experiences

With the Achievement System in place, you can also give cosmetic rewards - such as a title, maybe? to show your acomplishments.

If you go this route, maybe #SomeChanges to Soul of Iron would be nice. For example, making imposible to continue playing the toon if you die, like other games do.

2. Transmog System:

This would be good for two reasons. First, will make older content relevant for collectors - you can see that already in Retail. But unlike Retail, most of these content will still need groups for completion: for example, BC Raids arent soloable in Wotlk.

The second reason is to allow the wardrobe UI feature so we can reclaim space from our banks. This feature was created exactly to solve the same problem with the original Trasmog System back in Cata. If you want, you can make this a gold sink to unlock or utilize, combating inflation in the process.

Trasmog System is also allign with The World is the Main Character & Nurture and Protect Social Experiences

Both features will make the game fresh for people without hurting the rest of the community and at the end, will extend the life span of Wotlk Classic.

Sorry for any typos
/cast Blessing of Wisdom

8 Likes

Wrath Reforged. Lets just change the damn name.

3 Likes

Reforged is actually a good term. Sadly can’t be used after what happened with Warcraft 3.

But my point about the features stands, you think will be hurtful for the experience of players?

These would be great for Wrath+ or Wrath SoM.

While Hardmode could be fine… transmog is a big no-go.

2 Likes

I’m curious about your point against transmog!

Visuals. When I see you from 50 yards away, I can tell exactly what your gear is, down to if you’re wearing Dungeon set or a Saronite (crafted pvp) set. These are visual cues that help players (especially in pvp) estimate opponents power.

Currently on Retail, it does not matter as everyone’s healthpools have been normalized. So if I see someone who 68k HP, I can eye ball them as 268ilvl. (Yes I play retail too). So transmog has less impact on the game.

1 Like

For me is not such a issue, but I can see your point.
Maybe we can at least have the confirmation that our gear is being stored in a hidden wardrobe UI? for future iterations or just to solve the bank issue.

yes to transmog

Transmog is fine as long as people have the option to turn off seeing others’ xmogs.

3 Likes

Denied.

/10 characters

i dig the the ironman challenge/reward system but not the transmog, i want earn the gear and be proud wearing it.

Even on retail the visual queue would help for PvP to distinguish between mythic gear and conquest gear so you can focus the one with low versatility since they both have the same healthpool.

This. Is. Not. WotLK. Classic. +.

3 Likes

can we just…you know…not.

4 Likes

It should be, classic wrath is legendary status already. Some small improvements would send it over the top.

I wouldn’t really mind either of things…yeah they’re not true to Wrath but almost nothing is apparently

#nomorestupidchanges

2 Likes

Would be OK with Xmog, should be able to cruise Azeroth in style. Uncertain and not confident in adding additional difficulties though. Guess i am for some changes, just not ones in poor taste. BRING BACK RDF.

How about No. #TooManyChanges It’s bad enough that they are trying to Vanilla Wrath, we sure as heck do not need Retail mixed in too. The Retail LFG needs to exit stage left as well.

As long as they bring the Wrath RDF back in.

1 Like