Reporting system needs to change - AV mass reported by players for abusive chat when I never said anything abusive

Problem: AV mass reported by players for abusive chat when I never said anything abusive. AV mass reporting is a joke. It needs to only silence people who abuse.

That guy: Hey guys follow me im the boss, all follow square or you all suck donkey B word.
Me: Exodia obl… Types another style and not so bossy and nerdy
That guy: Ohhhh ur annoying kid u talk about Yugioh… ban/silence/report him… wtf is this nonsense blizzard? just because they don’t like the way I talk doesn’t mean they can silence me.

Ok so I enjoy talking about Yugioh since my name is Exodia or talking as Vanndar Stormpike in Alterac Valley and right after I did I was silenced and it says

“we have temporary suspended your chat and mail privelages”

As a result I cant say/whisper anything to anyone or do dungeons or use any chats in city and out of bgs and mail anything to anyone or even invite anyone all because I did that. Say WHAT?

First of all. I didn’t do anything abusive.

Several players even wanted me to continue talking about it and one of them said before I even started talking about it. Malesano: Blue Eyes > Exodia
That promted me to acting an episode as I was motivated by yugioh fans.

Ticleyhead and Malesano and Shredor were happy to read my non boring monologuing in AV. They wanted me to continue. So if one side enjoys it but the other side does not does that mean I am abusive and should be silenced? That reporting system isnt accurate and the report as abuse needs to be fixed and changed Blizzard. You need to make it specific. Not label Yugioh monologuing as abuse. You can see it all in the video.

What I received in my email about abusing
https : // imgur . com / dq3cryc . png

Evidence of what I did (uploaded videos)
https : // www . youtube. com /watch?v=_iZD2tVjj1A
https : // www . youtube. com /watch?v=Co2u8hi4OOY

Video I was acting out

www . yugioh . com / yu-gi-oh / give-up-the-ghost / 214

I get my kicks from monologuing I cant help it. Like other people enjoy stuff I hate such as talking about boring items in guild chat. I preferr acting as Vanndar Stormpike or scripting Yugioh. Its not fair that some people can report me and label me as abusive when none of the stuff I wrote was.

If that is labelled as abusive chat then this game is broken. Players can type A n…l as horde and nothing happens. I didnt abuse anyone.

That needs fixing.

PROBLEM: Being reported and silenced for abusive chat when the chat was not abusive and was just a yugioh episode.
FIX: Can you prevent players from being able to silence you for abusive language if you didnt do anything abusive.

I shouldn’t be silenced in the first place because I did not do what was described so please Blizzard can you remove the silence off me. Its not fair.

7 hours and still silenced…

1 Like

I just got silenced for advertising my guild and responding to people in trade chat with civil free speech.

I guess instead of /ignore, people just try to vote you off the island. Pretty dumb how Blizzard has it set up.

Did you appeal for your silence? Curious if I should continue supporting this company or not.

3 Likes