Reporting Language

Hello quick question I frequently report over the top offensive language in trade chat and what not. When I report the box comes up for me to explain or write more details. Do I need to repeat the language used for does Blizzard not need that to act if warranted.

Not needed. Using the right=click report feature flags the chat log for the responding GM to look at.

4 Likes

That is not required, no. When you submit a report, it includes a date/time stamp as well as a little cutout of the entire chat around that time, but they can go back and look deeper if need be.

2 Likes

You don’t need to, no. It could be helpful to submit an explanation as to why the language is offensive if it’s not immediately obvious (like if the offensive material is in an obscure language).

2 Likes

Not at all, Finni. You often don’t need to fill anything out in that box as most language is pretty self explanatory. The only time you really might need it is if the word/expression might be more obscure/regional, or part of a meme, etc…

2 Likes

Thank you Vrakthris and others who weighed in. There have been a few times I was unsure and repeated the word used in the box. Hopefully that would not open me up to discipline.

2 Likes

It would not. The only time I can imagine that being an issue is if you were directing it at our staff. :slight_smile: Thanks for helping protect Azeroth!

5 Likes

This is why wow is dying.

I don’t understand what you mean, perhaps you can elaborate?

4 Likes

We use to be free, we had tons more freedoms, and now any other direction other than the hype wave that new players bring has left things incredibly more bland, i miss the sweat taste of options and arguing is definitely a part of wow, if you don’t like the language available to us, they did make a profanity filter…no?

3 Likes

That doesn’t mean you get to ignore the rules that you agreed to. By your logic, it would be acceptable to shoot at people, because body armor is a thing. I mean, if you didn’t want to get shot, you shoulda worn a vest, amirite?

It’s an added layer of protection.

10 Likes

How so?

Still have them.

I can play WoW just fine without arguing with anyone.

Yes they did. But the existence of the filter does not justify the use of inappropriate language. The rules you agreed to spelled out that profane language is a violation and you can (and will) be actioned for it.

6 Likes

You never had that much “freedom”, there were always rules regarding player conduct. In the past it would include suspension time from the game, now it has a more subtle silence penalty.

Private channels were more loosely restricted and monitored, like guild chat, but public channels always had those rules enforced.

The filter was never, ever, a reason to try to break the rules.

10 Likes

Yes it is always a good idea to layer yourself twice before twinking in trade.

2 Likes

They used to be handled mostly by the community itself. You know players, that were playing the game…not automated easy options needing absolutely no community to even use.

2 Likes

The community does not, and never has, enforced Blizzard’s policies. Blizzard themselves do that. What the community CAN do, however, is report the use of inappropriate language.

8 Likes

It’s still being handled by the community. They’re reporting it to the GMs, same as they’ve been doing for 15 years. Profanity and offensive language has never not been against the rules.

9 Likes

I am sorry but there was never a link to a language report from your name in trade or otherwise back in the day.

Yes it is handled by the community, why i am able to use inappropriate language on my server, i know them all, maybe why we are also very active.

1 Like

I some how knew this was gonna happen with this thread. Some one always chimes in to be an edgelord.

10 Likes

Right click report is always checked by a GM staff, and either the silence is enforced or removed on appeal.

6 Likes