Reporting harassment via ingame mail?

Edit: looks like the post was taken down / hidden / locked. - Thank you for that!

This is an odd situation. I had made a post in the classic forums asking the etiquette for locked chests in dungeons which ended up devolving entirely (it’s at almost 900 posts at this point). Threats of blacklisting are being thrown around and it’s gone as far as someone rolling an alt on my realm and sending me in-game mail calling me a piece of… and comparing me to Hitler.

I have 2 asks:

1. Please delete that thread I created on the classic forum as it’s just turned into a complete troll-fest / flame-war. Not just lock it, but make it go away.

2. I deleted the in-game mail after reading it, but is there a way you can look to see who sent it, and action that account for going out of their way to harass me? The character they sent it from was named [Removed by Moderator] or something to that effect and is likely already deleted.

The staff here generally don’t cross-moderate, flag the thread if you want the mods to do something about it.

As for Number 2. You should have reported it before you deleted it. It’s what I do when I get hate mail from forum slugs. You could submit a ticket, but I’m not sure what catergory.

3 Likes

None of the 4 flag categories really fit what’s going on, and I just tried all 4, but none of them gave me that box to fill out saying what was going on. :frowning:

That’s why I came here. I didn’t think to report it in game before deleting. I’m new to having “forum fans”. I thought maybe a CS moderator could look at my in game mail history and with the name I provided see that something was sent (and hopefully the contents of it), then action the account.

No, sorry we don’t accept reports via the forums Nerfmagnet. However, if you receive more mail please use the in-game reporting functions before discarding it. That’ll help the Game Masters out - especially if there is a trend in their behavior.

2 Likes

Will do. Thank you. I think just getting rid of that post (which someone did, thank you) will keep the “fans” from sending any more mail.

This can be marked as done! Thank you again.

3 Likes

I recommend flagging the posts that you’re seeing as trolling rather than your own post, since you can’t explain why you’re flagging! You’ll run out of flags eventually, but it’s better that the trolls get hit than the thread’s deleted, IMO.

3 Likes

It’s moot at this point since the post is gone, and rather than mass reporting it’s just easier this way. Besides in the nearly 900 replies there I’ve found the following: The community is split. Half think the group is entitled to the work the Rogue put into leveling lock picking and the chest should be put up for a roll, and the other half thinks the Rogue should be able to keep the contents of the locked chest.

1 Like

Well it is a touchy subject, I got the same reaction when I stated I will refuse to skin the beast in UBRS if I lost the roll.

1 Like

Run with people you know if you can. That way everyone can be on more or less the same wavelength.

2 Likes