Report Appeal System Needs to Be Changed

… Yes, my point is that the only people asking a question like that at this point are those trying to say up is down and left is right.

There is no benefit to be had in a discussion on why misinformation on a national crisis, whose existence has an imminent threat of worsening that crisis, must be regulated.

It certainly isn’t relevant to the thread (besides tangentially sharing a very similar population of supporters and detractors). The idea that free speech must be venerated above all other societal matters of import is utter nonsense in the first place. It is nonsense in concept, and it is nonsense in reality.

I wasnt the one who actuall brought it up, its kinda funny that you didnt ask the person that did.

I came here to talk about the appeal system and only mention that situation to demonstrate how false the appeal to authority OP was trying to do truly was

they did if you count how they directly asked for certain people to be banned.

those people have zero ground to stand on however, the case mentioned for meta and twitter was about a doctor talking about masks not working, 6 ft apart being fabricated, lock downs bein unreasonable. etc.

i just wanna know your opinion is all.

So… Saying something that could have made things worse (but didn’t) should be regulated by the government? Because it might have been worse (but wasn’t).

Disclaimer (because I know it’s going to be mentioned) - I do not believe any of the Covid vaccines were dangerous, or ineffective.

well you already do, I’m of opinion there is a time and place for everything, this thread isnt one to talk about human rights around the world in modern times.
its also funny that you asked another person the same question but still didnt ask OP who as the one who kept talking about constituional rights and human rights, interesting eh

But they do. They have all of the logs, all of them. Anything that was said in the game in any channel, going back months. It doesn’t take that long to review a back and forth between people.

What context? What are these arguments that you think that you could present that would make a report that got an action against your account “okay”?

Wait, okay, let’s go through all the possibilities:

• “It wasn’t me, someone else was using my account!” - No one else should be using your account unless they’re your minor child, and even then you’re responsible for what they do when they’re on it.
  • “Other people said worse things first/say worse all the time!” - Hopefully they were also reported then. But other people breaking the rules doesn’t make it okay for you to break the rules.
  • “What I said wasn’t even that bad!” - The GMs disagreed, and they are trying to help you learn where the boundaries are between acceptable and unacceptable behavior in the game by applying an action to your account.
  • “I don’t agree that GMs who don’t share my values get to make a call on what is acceptable!” - Yeah, well, someone needs to make a call. If you appeal, a different GM will look at it with a fresh pair of eyes, but if your boundaries are different than the boundaries on every other GM according to the guidelines that they’re given to apply then you’re just going to have to accept that Blizzard’s boundaries are what flies in the game.
  • “I learned my lesson and I won’t do it again!” - Okay. That’s a good plan, after you get control of your account back after the punishment that you earned.
  • “These people were harassing me and provoked me into breaking the TOS!” - If someone is harassing, insulting or demeaning you, the correct course of action is to not respond to them, put them on ignore and report them. If they circumvent the ignore to keep at it, report them for circumventing the ignore and ignore THAT account too. Responding makes it an ongoing conversation that you’re just as much a willing participant in as they are. No amount of bad behavior on the part of other players makes it “okay” for you to break the TOS also. At best, all it will do is get both of you an account action.
  • “I was just defending myself!” If you have a burning need to ‘defend yourself’ somehow and willingly choose not to follow the steps above, there are plenty of ways to do that without also breaking the TOS yourself. “Okay man, that’s just like, your opinion” or “You guys make my dance sad” are favorites of mine. As soon as you start throwing around bad language, attacking people or harassing them ‘back’, you’re just as eligible for a ding against your account. Even if they said something terrible to you in the past. Even if they follow you around and throw insults at you. If they’re doing that, use the tools available to you and ignore and report them.

I think that covers the expected bases, but I’m curious if you think you’ve got some other trump card that you’re itching to pull out. I guarantee that there’s not, even if you were given the opportunity to waste a ton of a GM’s time as you try and Rules Lawyer or Facts and Circumstances debate them.

oh thats the opinion on if we should have the discussion not your opinion on the actual subect.

you find allot of things funny, id love to go to a comedy club with you.
i asked you cause i wanted to know yours… i took interest in two people outside of the OP because of my own curiosity is all.

Slavery wasn’t put into the constitution.

A lot of people do. Our country was literally founded on their ideas and if we stray too far from their vision then we’re really not America anymore.

It doesn’t matter if you remember my name or not. You responding to my words with your own words proves irrefutably that you care about my opinion. Care enough to respond anyways.

You claiming that you’ve done something doesn’t mean that it actually happened. I just turned into a flying monkey and flew over your house!

Oh I do, you however, do not. Here. Let me help you:
draconian: (of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe.

I realize that you desperately want to be right and will continue contradicting yourself in order to achieve that.

Ah, yes, more misguided identity politics. It’s funny how I’ve never mentioned the right or the left and yet exactly the sort of people you would expect to demonstrate hysteria and emotional leaps in logic go ahead and fulfill their stereotypes.

Define regularly. If I get muted once every other year count as regularly in your book? How about once every 5 years?

I’m going to revert back to my default position of ignoring your off-topic love of the restriction of freedom of speech and try to focus on things actually pertaining to my topic.

It really isn’t. And again, if you’re willing to say a word, regardless of context, then it isn’t really a word that should be reported now is it?

Well, I’ll give you that. But it’s perfectly reasonable for me to actually expect you to back up what you’re saying if you’re going to keep insisting that it’s true, if not then I would expect you to drop it and move on since you’re clearly not willing to put effort into going down that rabbit hole.

This is my understanding as well.

Well, then I would suggest that the system has changed since then, as I have seen that this is no longer the case. There is currently no text box when you press the appeal button for when you’re reported.

Oh I know it doesn’t exist in the way that it should. You being happy about that being the case, however, only tells me that you are a person who favors comfort and security over freedom.

I’ll throw you a bone. You know I’m ignoring you right? You are not a reasonable person and I have no interest in hysterical witch hunts.

Are you guys able to get my thread deleted just by derailing it so hard? Are you guys doing this on purpose? Is this another sneaky forum tactic by the forums thought police to get rid of threads they don’t like. I’d like to think you guys are just going off topic organically but it’s starting to seem like this is intentional… hmmm…

Yes because while hindsight is 20/20 it was a totally new virus that had no data. I like to look at things from a top down perspective. Lets say it was another Spanish flu. There was a lot of information (call it misinformation) that had conflicts. Those conflicts needed to be resolved. Order above all must be kept with 8 billion people on the planet. I mean lets say it was reversed and lock-downs never happened, and people got really really sick and started dying. Who gets the blame? The government for inaction.

thats my opinion on the subject while I’m in this thread.

I mean if you buying I’m down, pretty sure bill burr is on tour

I can’t speak for anybody else, but personally, I’m just bored of your topic. It’s taken on a bit of a ‘stream of consciousness’ thing for me.

2 Likes

so the venue needs to be made for your opinion to be shared.

i dont have bill burr money but im seeing sam morril

The irony is spectacular.

You believe things that are not based in reality, and ask for reality to be changed to match the ideals in your head.

I don’t really feel the need to respond to you any more, your arguments are entirely cyclical and nothing new has been added to the thread from your perspective in 100 posts. Needless to say, I am quietly confident in my knowledge that there is a precisely zero percent chance that the system will remotely change in the manner you request.

Again; you believe you’re being sneaky and nobody realizes that you hold the positions you hold, but they might as well be tattooed on your forehead. This discussion is nearly parallel to discussions on “free speech” in twitter, meta, and whatever other digital forms of communication exist, where certain elements believe that they shouldn’t be held to account for the things they say, because “mah free speech”.

1 Like

Do you ACTUALLY believe a Blizzard employee… who gets hundreds if not thousands of these situations to sift through a day, is actually taking that much time and effort to go through each and every report like that to make sure they’re doing the right thing. Even if you think that you would do that I assure you that most people, after years of doing that job, would not put as much effort into making sure that they’re giving a fair punishment.

Which is why I am suggesting that people be able to respond to their appeal themselves so Blizzard doesn’t have to piece together context by themselves.

Someone reports me for breaking a rule I factually didn’t break and then a lazy Blizzard employee doesn’t check thoroughly enough and accepts the report at face value.

That simply isn’t possible.

As if I’m going to believe the words of a Blizzard PR worker to tell me the truth of what kind of hiring practices they utilize.

Me thinks the Blizzard employee doth protest too much

Feel free to leave then. I don’t think anyone will miss you terribly.

it was proven false by youtubers aswell

Then kindly make another thread where you can discuss your preferred topics rather than derailing mine. Is derailing with off-topic political discussion reportable?

No idea what this means, actually.

Well, forgive me if I don’t take “Youtubers” word for it either. Not that I’m married to the idea, but I see no real evidence that Blizzard doesn’t outsource their work. Considering what a large, international company they are, it’s hard to believe that they wouldn’t. And I’ve seen more convincing evidence then Blizzard PR agents doing what they’re supposed to do and random people on YouTube. But like I said… I’m not married to the idea.

wrong it had ways how to address count and handle slave, therefore it was part of it.

you would be surprised to know that we indeed have stay very far away from the ideals of 300y ago.

so yeah take your L and work hard to not break the rules

It means nobody cares about you or your topic, and unlike your definition of free speech, people can offer whatever non-abusive opinions they like in a given thread.

Imagine making a thread with this context and then trying to dictate to other people the way they are allowed to discuss it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SAY WHAT THEY LIKE BECAUSE FREE SPEECH!!

(But not in my thread, gtfo I’m reporting you)

to clarify, it was proven that it was either outsourced or fully automated.
well there test was pretty on point tbh.
its either outsourced or automated.
they did this test via 2 am west coast where no one was in office and mass reported a streamer/youtuber.
youtuber recieved a ticket saying they where silenced with a gm signature on the bottom.

Well, there are several hundred of those employees, and (not for nothing) ticket response times have been hovering right around two weeks just lately. Not the sort of thing that happens when the priority is churning through tickets as fast as possible without regard for integrity or ‘doing the right thing’.