Replaying BfA's certain parts is painful

We didn’t forget and Blizzard made sure we didn’t forget. If I recall correctly, there was an interview where they specifically talked about the ending of MoP and how they felt the conclusion of that storyline didn’t end right.

It’s why we got BFA. BFA was Blizzard’s attempt at trying to retell the MoP story the “right” way.

2 Likes

Do you think they succeeded?

1 Like

This thread is new and interesting.

Seriously, can we maybe compile all the “BfA was bad” threads into one giant thread and leave it at that?

6 Likes

tbf, I think these players, OP included, are more trying to aim their frustration at Blizzard rather than the playerbase. It’s a sour point for everyone, and there’s a large feeling that Blizzard just does not care, so they try to vent it out. It’s not particularly productive, but that’s just the environment Blizzard has created from all this.

8 Likes

No because we ended up with the same conclusion.

The evil Warchief escapes capture and breaks open a new gateway (with the help of a 3rd party) into another reality we previously believed to be inaccessible and the Horde and Alliance are once again forced to work together and the past conflict is largely forgotten.

The only real difference now is that the Horde no longer has anyone holding the title of Warchief as that has been done away with and I doubt Sylvanas will be killed off in the final questing zone cut scene.

5 Likes

Varian did, though. And Varian was practically Blue Garrosh back then.

can the forums handle a thread with 72,491,808, 231 posts on it?

3 Likes

This is what I was hoping to warn you about, though. First you start with “I don’t care about Theramore.” Then you go to “Give us Dustwallow” to try to pave over the narrative you don’t want to think about any more. It’s a slippery slope to “The Forsaken should have won the Darkshore Warfront.” And all posting that would do would be draw more Night Elf fan complaints towards you like mosquitoes to a humming lightbulb.

1 Like

Yeah, because Varian was a dad too. Or Muradin is specially cruel, maybe.

Sadly we’ll never know what Varian would’ve done if Anduin had died to the bell, like he should’ve.

Muradin also wanted peace between the Horde and the Alliance as well. He yells about saving Bolvar in hopes of bridging that every time you zone into the Icecrown Citadel raid.

And then when we’re going up to the citadel he doesn’t want to let the Horde get in, too?

I guess he’s just senile then.

1 Like

No idea. Guess he didn’t hear Saurfang yelling the same thing about saving Bolvar for peace between the Horde and the Alliance when the Horde players log into the Icecrown Citadel raid, too.

1 Like

It was shortly after a huge battle between the factions’ airships over ICC, so it makes sense that just from a tactical standpoint he’d not just let a Horde combatant (and a particularly dangerous one, at that) approach their forces uncontested at that time. Muradin even seemed fairly torn about it, hesitating before telling Saurfang to turn around and leave rather than just rebuffing him out of hand or attacking him as a Horde aggressor.

It’s one thing to want peace between the factions in principle; that’s something most characters (who aren’t Sylvanas) should logically want so their people can stop fighting and dying, whether it be by armistice or by their side winning and forcing capitulation. That’s not the same thing as dismissing the potential threat of an approaching enemy soldier in the midst of an active battlefield.

4 Likes

What I got out of BfA is that the Horde at large doesn’t want peace, though… And the leaders that do couldn’t even wrestle the masses away from the bloodthirsty warchief

2 Likes

They were quest objectives for my Faction. Seems like the MMORPG answer to just following orders. I did it gleefully. Sylvanas can take a long walk off a short pier - killing Alliance needs little argument in this game.

The only argument against killing the Alliance is that their souls would feed Sylvanas. But a wayward fart would feed her these days, anyway.

2 Likes

I assume that he meant before Wrathgate.

What was their end goal?

The only think I have ever thought of that made any real sense is they were trying to incite Alliance players into PVP and more precisely warmode.

The entire X-Pac seems like it was thought out and constructed like Stormsong valley’s quests were: A hodge-podge of everything tossed here and there.

1 Like

Really? That is quite odd. I could buy excluding the Tauren, but Orcs?

The damage is already done, can we repair it or we should simply forget about the story?

We did not had justice, again, and it is extremely frustrating. i don’t want to see the horde, i don’t want to hear about them, give them all the story their players may want, just, stay away from the aliance narrative. that’s all.

3 Likes

Indeed. All my time strolling through Orgrimmar since, all Former Banshee Loyalist in chains, in the bank, at the auction house or in the portal room are and only are Forsakens, Blood Elves and Goblins.

Were I deep into RP, being one of those races, I wouldn’t feel very welcome in the Horde Capital anymore.

1 Like