Replace Doom with Doom Brand in the future

When we lose this tier bonus, Doom should be replaced with Doom Brand.

Doom Brand is just better and Doom is useless.

9 Likes

I like this idea as it would help Doom become a viable talent option unlike this whole expansion. Have Doom as a talent (increase the damage but make it only on 1 target); the next talent would be a choice node between Doom Brand that would replace Doom and work just like current 2pc tier or Kazaak’s Final Curse just give the full 5%; final talent makes it so when Doom or Doom Brand deal damage chance to summon Doomfiend just like current 4pc.

I think this would give the whole talent area flexibility between single and cleave damage and make it viable in builds. Something needs to be done with that area of the tree if they want to keep Doom, or something like it, in the game because as it stands I don’t know anyone taking those talents.

Idk doom should probably have some baseline mechanic where it would deal more damage base on either your amount of cast you’ve done or become empowered if you cast a full shard hand of guldan.

Because the does 2 shadowbolts worth of damage (hell ive seen 1 shadow bolt do more damage than doom) after 15 secs and then gives you a ss is old expansion news.

That spells needs to get updated to modern wow. To make it worse that talent had better interaction/more damage berore legion.

Was thinking about this today and how bad it’s going to feel losing the tier set. Having it adds a nice bit of thought to the demo rotation outside of the SB spam into HoG. It really seems like the dev team likes doom since it’s managed to make it this whole xpac without ever being viable outside of just shard gen in PVP. Working the tier into that slot only makes sense(and barely requires any name changing lol). Hopefully since the tier bonus was voted to stay for a consecutive season shows them that it’s liked by the majority of players. This is the most fun demo has felt in quite a while for me personally so I’ll be very disappointed if after S4 it’s gone for good.

While strong. Having to tab target on every demonic core doesn’t feel fun imo.

1 Like

Single target turreting mindlessly no matter the pull type is boring

This at least give you something else to do in multi target

1 Like

I mean to each their own. Being required to tab target multiple times to maximize damage is neither fun or engaging.

Still think this is a great idea as it gives the whole Doom talent node area meaning and gives Demo an iconic dot ability to actually use. My post from above would still be how I feel it should be reworked.

I think its a good idea, but i want to leave some observations, the budget allocated to a tierset is a lot higher than for a talent in the middle of the talent tree.

So do not be surprised if this happens and the talent isn’t as strong as the tierset and or is divided across 2/4 talent points (like 1 talent who adds doom brand, 1 2pointer who increase its damage and 1 talent who procs doomfiend).

An ability with the name Doom should do something more impactful than generate a shard and do tickle damage

2 Likes

I felt that way at first but it’s not as painful as having to hardcast dot refreshes as affliction.

Been trying out Affliction the last 3 weeks in hopes I’d go back to it but for right now it’s just too much extra work in keys compared to demo. I’m going easy mode for the rest of the season.

Now to OP’s request: With Diabolist Hero Talents giving us a version of Doom Branding tier set effects, I would doubt they’ll give us the tier set as an additional talent.

Agony expires in 3, VT is up in 6…sigh
Ya hate to see it lol.

1 Like

I enjoy the new tier set, and would be sad to see it become a talent. Then it would be so hard to make the choice to get it back and not be able to get what we currently have.

At the time of posting, we have our cake and are eating it too. Something I don’t want to see become a talent, more baked into the spec some how.

Doom as it stands is a DoA talent. So just making the current tier baseline somehow would be the ideal option going forward. Looking at the hero talents I can see something being added like such with the Diabolist.

They’ve pretty much proven that the talent trees are where the bulk of abilities are going to come from. Pretty much every class has multiple “insert X ability baseline” thread.

The tier set is too strong to be baseline. If they somehow did make it base it would be nerfed to the ground. It would need to be 3 or 4 talent nodes worth of cost if they kept it as strong as it currently is. Tier sets can be worth upwords of 10% of a damage profile so it would need to have a cost.

I agree it would need to be tuned. I thought the new Diabolist Spec had something of the sorts that now summons out a big demon.

No doubts Ill miss this tier set gone.

Obviously it’s an opinion, but a lot more people like balancing spinning plates than you might expect

Definitely more than i expected

I am also one of them :dracthyr_love_animated:

Back on topic I’d rather not have it as a talent because I don’t trust them to balance the tree around it

Clearly.

Its not really an issue at 1400 io.

Can’t imagine it changing much at higher keys, tab juggling debuffs has never been hard

When i finally push i don’t expect the consensus to change much but we’ll see

Easy to say when you arent playing at high keys.

I never said it was hard. I said its not fun or engaging.