Repetitive ganking borderline harassment question

I have been camping the Time-Lost Proto-Drake for the past several days and im not sure when world pvp becomes harassment because there is a rogue named atticus that keep showing up and trying to kill everyone in storm peaks who are camping it. he doesn’t try to steal the kill or something otherwise he would just stealth and wait, he isn’t just attacking us for the sake of pvp he comes out here and continues to try to kill us for several hours a day and I want to know if I have to either suck it up or turn warmode off. or if him doing this for so long for no other purpose than to annoy/harass is against blizz guidelines at all and blizz can do something to get him to knock it off.

Mira I would turn off warmode, doubtful Blizzard would see this as harassment.
However you will want to edit the post and remove the player’s name; it could be seen as a call out/shaming and I’m pretty sure that is against the TOS.
*Someone smarter than me please confirm.

6 Likes

I personally wouldn’t considering shaming but if blizzard does ill remove it but I think its useful information for other people running into the issue. if someone goes through all these hoops and uses this much time trying to ruin our time on the game I don’t think they would feel shamed either. - creator of the post just changed the character

Should invite me, I eat rogues for breakfast

3 Likes

This is a great thread.

It’s not harassment. It is however a problem. With a very familiar solution.

2 Likes

War happening in war mode. If you don’t want this kind of interference, you should turn off war mode.

However, naming the rogue may constitute harassment.

2 Likes

Go play on an RP server, cry baby.

3 Likes

I don’t think naming the rogue is a bad thing. This is the PVP community forums, you can come here and put out a hit on whoever you want.

However, OP you gotta stop whining. Fighting back isn’t hard, and PVP in a PVP game is never going to be considered harassment.

5 Likes

It’s not considered harassment but then again I’m not sure what is considered harassment and what isn’t. Back in Legion, on a PvP server, Blizzard would consider it zone disruption and griefing if me or a friend ran around in Stormwind killing Auctioneers and by extension, killing any players who tried to stop us. Take of it what you will really. Blizzard’s definition of harassment or griefing can change at any given time to match any scenario.

2 Likes

I don’t think any pvp situations qualify as harassement when you can just turn it off

6 Likes

If you have warmode enabled then someone repetitively ganking you can not be considered harassment, even if he does it nonstop for days straight. Even when it was PvP vs Normal realms, Blizzard still had the same policy, so it’s hard to imagine that now when there’s a system to toggle PvP on and off that it would be different.

4 Likes

I wanna say it’s repetitively killing NPCs. Never been for killing just players

Well the problem with that is they allow the NPCs to be killed, just like they allowed players to be killed on PvP servers. It’s clear they want to discourage NPC killing, but if that was the case, why not just disable PvP on those NPCs outright? They won’t give a clear answer to what is considered griefing. In the case of NPC killing, they won’t give a clear answer to how many times you’re able to kill an NPC before it’s considered griefing.

If they just gave a clear answer, saying, “killing the same NPC 10 times is considered griefing” it would solve alot of problems and prevent players from doing so. Before anyone says, “that can be loopholed” it’s clear to tell when a player is deliberately being a jack by trying to find some loophole to that and Blizzard would still punish them outright.

You gave me a amazing idea! Attached a personal space enhancer to my belt. Hang out in those farming area’s. Then knock people off those cliffs.

Thank you!

2 Likes

This is not considered harassment or even griefing. Camping an area for hours on end is something that has been allowed since vanilla. Unless he’s directly destabilizing the area somehow, it’s perfectly legit PvP.

2 Likes

RP servers actually have people who are far less sympathetic about this kind of thing.

1 Like

confused about the people calling me a cry baby or to stop complaining, I don’t see how the way I phrased it seemed like complain yes its irritating and yeah I could just turn war mode off but I was asking the question out of legitimate curiosity if what he was doing was allowed or not because im a 385 balance druid I had no issue killing him but a lot of the people around me aren’t as gear and it was incredibly difficult for them to deal with.

No, it was easy for them to deal with, because you are there. You are their counter to the rogue. It’s a pvp solution to a pvp problem. Ganking is NEVER harassment.

1 Like

oh so you were there then? is that why you blatantly disregard me saying its difficult for them to deal with it cause you saw it happen? or is it cause you assume I can babysit 4 different spawn points across all of storm peaks? even if I started flying to them instantly he is killing them in under 10 seconds. thank you to the people answering my question as I feel I asked it with a relative amount of respect and very little complaint. but those of you who skim through what i say and they respond with stuff that like this that doesn’t really make sense you are just trying to correct people even when you are wrong please leave. its just rude.

How is it rude for me to say that you are helping these people? If people don’t want to die so fast, they should level up and stop farming old content.