Repeated Instant Disconnects: Teleporter Creator for Fixing the Dream Quest

After using this device (the quest item, Teleporter Creator) in my bags, and then teleporting, on the third time the screen went half white and I was disconnected. Now whenever trying to get on this character again it simply puts the toon back in the same location, the screen half white and then it disconnects. I have tried multiple times shortly after this happened and it gets the half white screen again and then disconnects. Once or twice it looked like the character was suddenly falling through the world or something before the disconnect. Weird.

Hmm… I wonder if I have to wait half an hour or hour to get back on this toon (other toons are still playable, but the toon is my main). Very annoying midquest and with reset soon upon us.

Edit: Hours later and I still can’t play this character. And reset almost upon us, I had wanted to do quests and get ready for raiding and M+, sigh.

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. I’m currently stuck porting into Summerjoy Shoal. On each log in my character is falling as if from a height, I can see above the minimap where I am, then I disconnect. Tried waiting a period of time but no luck. Hopefully this resolves itself with reset, but it means this particular quest we cant use the optional teleporter until resolved I would think.

Yeah, it’s been half a day and my toon still gets the falling screen and then disconnects. Very sad I cannot do all the quests I wanted to before reset and right at the time of this new patch when I was ready to go all out gearing, rep, raid prep, etc. I made a ticket and included a screen shot and (even though this probably wont help but was required: an MSInfo report and a DxDiag report). The problem is not my connection or computer as I’m having no problems with my other characters. The ticket info says it will be a day and a half before any reply. By then the servers will have reset, and hopefully that will resolve the issue. If the issue is not resolved after reset, man, I dunno, but I guess I will have to cancel my “Hey, everyone, Wow is great party!” and maybe even go outside.

Edit: Twelve hours of stuff to do before reset lost. Oh well. I did go outside though for the first time in weeks, ha ha (jk, I do go outside).

EDIT: My toon is still stuck in Limbo even after reset. How long is this going to going to go on? And can I get a refund to game time for this problem?

EDIT 2: There is a character stuck service. Here is a link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/wf/wow/586/834/submitted?_gl=1*2prmcv*_ga*MTcwODMwODk3Mi4xNjc5MDQ5NDYy*_ga_VYKNV7C0S3*MTY5OTk5NTY1NC40ODIuMS4xNjk5OTk2NTA5LjE0LjAuMA…

Just happened to me AGAIN! PLEASE FIX THIS QUEST!

This happened to me twice tonight.
The quest item ported me to Summerjoy Shoal, my screen froze, and I got disconnected.
When I try to reconnect, it’s a frozen screen and instant disconnect.

So I used the character unstuck service. This fixed the immediate problem. I was able to log in and resume the quest.

Then it happened again. And the character unstuck service has a 4 hour timer.

41:82

Happened to me.

When using the teleporter to teleport to the 41:82 area you get disconnected.

Logging back on to the character immediately disconnects you.

Using the character unstuck services allows you to continue to play.

I didn’t see this if I have i would have posted on this instead.

It’s hilarious that this hasn’t been fix’d yet. Just happened to me too twice and character unstuck is on cd for 4 hours.