Reopening the Mage Tower with Legion Timewalking in 9.1.5

I wonder if the soaring spelltome is the same one before when everyone, unfortunately, voted the big, dumb tree. I’m stoked to get the mount, I actually voted that one back then. I was bitter…until now. :grin:

Though I’m curious, do we have to do complete 7 characters all over again? Even the one back during Legion doesn’t count?

Thank you, I greatly appreciate this.

7 Likes

Nah, on the contrary, plenty of people who were thinking that Blizzard was finally going to quash this FOMO trash are going to hop right back over to FF14. Glad I waited until the official announcement before deciding whether to resub. There’s a reason I don’t have a recurring sub with WoW anymore, but I do (6-month) with FF14.

Anyhoo, as I’ve said in previous posts, the mere fact that MT is back is a victory. But the war is not over.

Now that Blizzard has walked back on a toxic mistake, it needs to take that momentum and continue doing so by bringing back artifact appearances and/or potentially recolors. Unless they want to continue ignoring the tmog community and the new player base, of course. But, Blizzard has shown us again that they’re capable of walking back bad decisions…they just need to keep moving in that direction.

Blizzard has stated they’re normalizing player power for the challenges. My feedback at this stage is to (and this is consistent with my other thread), add a “heroic” or “relic” or whatever name they feel like giving it, difficulty that amps up the challenge and allows everyone to EARN the old appearances.

Of course that leads to the “you should’ve been there” toxicity that some spew, and at that point it’s merely an “I was there!” argument rather than “I overcame a challenge to earn prestige”, but I digress.

5 Likes

Yet they didn’t and targeted on one spec for one class only. Which makes the situation not very good.

I am in the boat the armors are not good enough. I will not bother to do it. I bet a lot of players will feel this sentiment.

They have lots of time to add other weapons. Rather recolours like they did for this class. Or even better make new items to obtain in general. So players actually want to come back and play.

So not actively playing but still crying on the forums about it.

You still run M+ until 2 weeks ago, so even if you were 3/10M 2 weeks ago (your Eye parse of 0 is epic btw), you still sucked. You were 6/10M last tier, 1/8 the one before, and 1/9 the one before that. Once again, you’re in zero position to talk about if something is hard or not.

This poster provided an imagine to the announcement. They said limited rewards near the end. The core hound mount is now on the BMAH.

Not to my knowledge.

It was promoted as being available for LFRing a special version of Molten Core between November 21, 2014 and January 5, 2015. Neither the special version of Molten Core or the related achievement that went along with it have reappeared in the game.

Third? Try seventh. LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic, Horde PVP, Alliance PVP, this. Speaking as someone who didn’t play during Legion and didn’t even know Mage Tower was a time-limited thing at the time, I think it’s BS that we can’t go back and get those appearances. In particular as a mage, missing out on that frost artifact skin is quite painful.

1 Like

Yay!

But I still suck… :neutral_face:

I stopped at 30/36 back then, it is time to suffer again.

haha exactly… they weren’t hard at all after the first couple weeks. Anyone who says otherwise is lying and they’re just butthurt at others getting something they’ve had for 4+ years.

LOL stop talking? No, I think I’ll stick around and watch your meltdown unfold in real time.

3 Likes

TBF they can alwways make more flails. Making a werebear that looked vastly different to this would be hard. Specially since new druid forms aren’t a thing that always drops.

There is zero reason to gatekeep old appearances and it benefits no one. Make them all obtainable again and open this up for replayability. We WANT to be able to grind out mage tower, please let us play and get the rewards we want. Do the same for MoP CMs and their rewards as well.

4 Likes

Righhhhhht, because me casually raiding has any bearing on the topic at hand. Yeah I was dead on eye because people suck at mechanics hence them being 4/10 and me leaving the game and casually playing.

Again though, you keep dodging, who are you, you little nobody hiding behind an alt on the forums?

2 Likes

Rhay, she used an unneeded “U” in her word too. Look at that!

This is wildly disappointing. The transmog recolors aren’t any more exciting than any other transmog that’s currently still attainable. Y’all know good and well that no weapon appearances have ever been anywhere near as good as the OG Mage Tower ones, but you’re pandering to people who got them years ago so that they still feel special. The only reason the new Mage Tower was even exciting was because we were hoping for recolors of the artifact weapons at the very least. Huge letdown, but I guess that’s what we get for even hoping for good decision making from Blizzard anymore.

2 Likes

My man this is in regards to like MyPillow having a “limited time” sale that lasts 24/7/365. It has nothing to do with freely obtained gaming items hahaha

2 Likes

Thanks so much!!! I was feeling really bad with that Bear form :frowning: I was Druid pretty much all the time but couldn’t finish Druid and 2 more clases cause my guild back then was needing a HPaly hehe.

Is this a joke? You’re giving guardians a new skin but not ferals, possibly THE most forgotten spec in the game…

1 Like