Renown/rep

Renown is fine.

1 Like

Eh, itā€™s such a minimal gainā€¦ Iā€™ve only bothered with them on my main toons. Alts get the slightly smaller bags that sell for 50-200g.

First time Iā€™ve seen this :joy:

Doesnā€™t help Iā€™ve seen QQ posts the past few days about ā€œWHAT NO FLYING IN 10.2? What the heck blizzā€.
It also hasnā€™t been in the top news on wowhead either.

They also arenā€™t specific on what the unlock entails yet.

So, not wrong YET tehe.

I donā€™t really mind it. Iā€™m close to max on all except Loamm Niffen on that Iā€™m at 12.

Here you go. :smile:

1 Like

15 renown oh nooooo :speak_no_evil:

Honestly the only one that will be a pain for new players or casuals will be loamm. That rep is painfully slow, even now.

Mainly Loamm Niffen is slow.

Good on them for removing all the rare kills and treasure hunting nonsense lol.
Those were always a pain in the neck, especially wodā€™s.

1 Like

On that we agree I was never a fan of treasure hunting in WoD. The only annoying thing now is almost nobody is killing rares in forbidden reach and ZC. Most I can solo as a Pally it just takes a really long time.

There is usually always a group going during the day for reach rares, zc can be super hit or miss unfortunately.
Hopefully next patch weā€™ll be geared enough to solo them.

(No idea why blizz canā€™t figure out that we would like mobs to scale off playersā€¦ starting at doable as a solo)

1 Like

Pathfinder, which unlocks normal flying, requires 15 renown with each faction.

1 Like

Why play a RPG is you dont want to do one of teh staples of the genre. Earning rep with factions , along with questing,exploring and dungeons are base items of teh genre. Things should be tied to them

Thereā€™s more than enough time to get to renown 15 by then.

Eh yes, but loamm is still super annoying to rep up in. I slacked off on ZC, and now paying the price for it.

You can get a stupid amount of rep doing the Fyrakk assaults and the Valdrakken weekly. And if youā€™ve maxxed out rep on one character, you get BoA rep tokens instead. I hate rep grinds but this is actually manageable this time and even I reached max rep while the expac was current lol.

Weā€™ll have to rep up to 15 on the new faction, so even if you have everything at 15 at 10.2 launch, it will take however long to unlock it.

Sadly NO. Reputation is their content, something that keeps many players logged in every day.

I hate reps and renown.

True, I still canā€™t see it being as painfully slow as ZC. Fingers crossed anyways lol.

1 Like

Iā€™m still working on the meta achieve for there and yeah, itā€™s on the slower side. Would be nice if they nerfed the HP of the rares since no one does them anymore and they arenā€™t on a daily lockout anymore either.

2 Likes

Renown is easier to track tbh and faster to deliver rewards rather than keeping it at the ā€œclassicalā€ Neutral / Friendly / Honored / Revered / Exalted.

That is, the old system would take more time for you to get new rewards.

An undeniable fact is, Renown is meant to be time gated, but I would very much like it to a time gated rather than keeping it over.

e.g. If you start at week 2, you can cap until renown 2, so it is always easier to catch up.

Generally speaking, but I wanted the PvP faction reps for gear. However, the design (honor) was good in that it made playing, trying at, and winning BGs desirable.