Renown/rep

Rep back then was more optional, though. Hell, most of the reps in the game didn’t even give you anything. Now literally the main story is locked behind rep. The only time I ever thought that worked was back in MoP, where some of the reps (most notably the faction war reps in Krasarang) told ongoing stories at certain rep points and that only worked because they were frequent enough that you often got a new chunk of quests every couple of days.

Of course, Golden Lotus had to ruin it by being Golden Lotus and having like 20 daily quests all to themselves that awarded the same amount of rep that ~4ish daily quests all the other reps had did… but that’s another story… and why I wasn’t sad when they got nuked along with the rest of the vale…

1 Like

I do miss that.

This xpac freed us from rep grinds. They are pretty much optional at this point unless you want achievs and cosmetics.

Also professions and normal flying.

Meh. I work order everything. Rep hasn’t stopped me from my 447 crafted, dragonriding items and such.

Not this xpac :wink:

I prefer making Chronocloth Reagent Bag and Azureweave Expedition Pack over buying them for all my alts.

Also wrong.

Renown is fine.

1 Like

Eh, it’s such a minimal gain… I’ve only bothered with them on my main toons. Alts get the slightly smaller bags that sell for 50-200g.

First time I’ve seen this :joy:

Doesn’t help I’ve seen QQ posts the past few days about “WHAT NO FLYING IN 10.2? What the heck blizz”.
It also hasn’t been in the top news on wowhead either.

They also aren’t specific on what the unlock entails yet.

So, not wrong YET tehe.

I don’t really mind it. I’m close to max on all except Loamm Niffen on that I’m at 12.

Here you go. :smile:

1 Like

15 renown oh nooooo :speak_no_evil:

Honestly the only one that will be a pain for new players or casuals will be loamm. That rep is painfully slow, even now.

Mainly Loamm Niffen is slow.

Good on them for removing all the rare kills and treasure hunting nonsense lol.
Those were always a pain in the neck, especially wod’s.

1 Like

On that we agree I was never a fan of treasure hunting in WoD. The only annoying thing now is almost nobody is killing rares in forbidden reach and ZC. Most I can solo as a Pally it just takes a really long time.

There is usually always a group going during the day for reach rares, zc can be super hit or miss unfortunately.
Hopefully next patch we’ll be geared enough to solo them.

(No idea why blizz can’t figure out that we would like mobs to scale off players… starting at doable as a solo)

1 Like

Pathfinder, which unlocks normal flying, requires 15 renown with each faction.

1 Like

Why play a RPG is you dont want to do one of teh staples of the genre. Earning rep with factions , along with questing,exploring and dungeons are base items of teh genre. Things should be tied to them

There’s more than enough time to get to renown 15 by then.

Eh yes, but loamm is still super annoying to rep up in. I slacked off on ZC, and now paying the price for it.

You can get a stupid amount of rep doing the Fyrakk assaults and the Valdrakken weekly. And if you’ve maxxed out rep on one character, you get BoA rep tokens instead. I hate rep grinds but this is actually manageable this time and even I reached max rep while the expac was current lol.