Renown vendor weapons(kyrian)

Are these incorrectly shaded? The entire set is white/blue The weapons are a lightly shaded purple.

This doesn’t make an sense to me.

1 Like

It depends on which weapons you are referring to, Obvious.

Some are the white/blue and some have purple coloration.

That is similar to which Armors are avilable it seems:

If you believe there is a bug though, I’d recommend posting in the Bug Report forum with specific item names so that our QA team can take a look.

3 Likes

Harmonious Set is the silver/blue set

Why would the same named items not be the same color, especially if they are from the same vendor?

Even if it were true, the hues don’t match any of the 4 sets. The only thing I found that matched was from the mythic raid vendor, which again doesn’t make sense. when the rest of the set (whether from renown/campaign/Path of Ascension) all match, and are from the same source.

The bug forum has a post about it dating all the way back to Nov '20 with no response, and it just doesn’t seem to be with the kyrian weapons either.

1 Like

You’d need to ask a developer, Obvious. Customer Support has no involvement with the creation or updating of the game or naming of items.

That forum is a place to report bugs, it isn’t a contact point for QA. They don’t generally reply unless they require more information.

6 Likes

And pray tell what developer comes to these forums to chat since the days of ghostcrawler?

I already know this, my question was could you possible get an answer (email or contact that department by another means) since it’s been unanswered for a lil over 6 months.

Have you tried posting @WarcraftDevs on Twitter?

4 Likes

No one. People that come in with attitudes, demanding answers have certainly ruined that experience.

No, that is not what a Support Forum Agent does.

As stated, that forum is not a place to “get responses”. They gather the bug reports and work on it. If you want to contact the developers directly, you can ask @WarcraftDevs on Twitter.

4 Likes

I don’t use twitter, I kinda like to keep it that way

Then that’s all i needed to know, seems kinda strange though for departments not to be in contact with each other though.

Sorry Vrak, i didn’t mean to be snide.

No one said they aren’t in contact with each other. It’s about the job duties for a Blue on these forums, and the chain of command. COULD Vrak look in the company directory and fire off an e-mail to a developer? Sure, Vrak is smart and knows how to send an e-mail.

But once they do it for you, then 50 others want the same treatment. Now, Vrak’s day is consumed with sending e-mails to various departments, those departments get consumed with answering these e-mails, and players suddenly don’t know the correct way to get the help they need. And what if Vrak ever needs a day off, or a week-long vacation?

4 Likes

That is true, i should know this coming from a similar backround (running a restaurant for 2 decades) If one person sees special treatment they all want it.

I let emotions take over, which is always a bad thing, especially if you want a answer that confuses you.

5 Likes

That was personal to Ghostcrawler, he enjoyed engaging and it was a part of his process so he did so here and in placed like Twitter.

That said, there are several devs that engage, along with our Community Managers. on some of these forums as well as Twitter, Reddit and other sites players engage.

Sorry, no. You can try reaching out to @WarcraftDevs on Twitter, they are sometimes able to answer development-type questions.

Again, if you believe something is a bug the best course of action is to report it so our QA team can take a look.

No need to apologize, Obvious, though I appreciate it. I understand the frustration. I noticed the difference in theme color even though the Armor and Weapons share the same naming convention. I don’t know why they are different, or why the color may be off a bit. It could have been a mistake. At this point, I don’t know if something would be changed even if it were, since a lot of folks have had them for a bit, but QA are the best ones to look into it because they can discuss it with Dev and figure out their intent.

5 Likes

No worries. I don’t think anything you’ve said has been unreasonable. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be clear, it isn’t that we can’t or don’t communicate with each other. It is a matter of scope. It is not within the scope of our Support Staff, including my position, to act as a liaison with our Developers.

There are certain issues that I may, in the interest of doing my job here, be able to reach out to seek clarification. Those tend to be pretty specific situations though, and mostly when it is generating a high impact to game play.

3 Likes

Yea taking a step back to think, and not be frustrated, this was my logical conclusion.

This is a type of response, even though it doesn’t help the situation at hand, that I love seeing in any type of CS: Relation responses, gives a connection to the person who is trying to help.

Thanks again Vrak.

6 Likes

That’s completely fair. But, as I usually do when this comes up, I like to iterate that one can use Twitter as a tool to retrieve information - one time or a thousand times - without jumping on the “OMG join my Insta, check me on snapchat, like and subscribe,” bandwagon of social media.

You could, for example, install Twitter, turn off all notifications, and pose your question to the devs. If and when they reply, you gain the information you were seeking. You can then either uninstall the app, or just let it sit mute, for the next time you’d like to pose a question to the devs.

This is originally why I first used any social media - to retrieve information and pose questions directly to people that held the knowledge I seeked.

2 Likes