Renown catchup?

I think it is designed to make you wish you had not switched. It is working as intended.

1 Like

I mean, that’s the thing. It’s not supposed to be easy. It’s do-able, but the system isn’t one to be flip-flopping through.

WARNING: Covenant Choice is not a forgiving system.

You are immediately penalized for trying to rejoin a Covenant you joined before, even if you just do a simple back-and forth. For example, if you initially choose Necrolord and don’t even speak to Draka, then go to the Kyrian and join them, and then change your mind and talk to Draka to rejoin the Necrolords, you’ll be faced with having to do Prove Your Worth immediately. Think and make your decisions carefully!

3 Likes

There’s probably another reason that has less directly to do with intent and more to do with schedule and ability.

Covenant choice was initially (and through most of SL development) irreversible. Blizzard added the change system comparitively late in SL development, so it’s probably the least mature and least tested part of that system.

1 Like

Wow it would have been extremely helpful to know ages ago, that if it is indeed a bug when it comes to Completing the Maw Soul collection and anima reserves quests, that it would delete the option of doing alternative story questing to get renown, i feel if this is true, i lost out on 3 weeks worth of renown levels and conduits because i would do the other main renown quests first each week.

I also find it strange that my alt is Venthyr and my main is Kyrian and as for my alt who i started long after kyrian he gets quests constantly for renown and got to level 19 in a week or 2, while my main whos been grinding what he can weekly is only at 17… I was curious whether covenants leveled faster than others? The only renown quest I havent done is Spires of Ascension for kyrian, but i see no other weekly catch up quests offered?