Removing Brutosaur Mount is a spit on the face of the players

I saw someone’s thread about this back in late 2019. Because of that hero, I was able to prepare the grind and get it April of 2020.

OP is so not Meta…

People are not being quiet about it, the Mega Thread continues to have activity in it over this.

The latest post from earlier today.

I was on Dallas as a kid, We missed our connecting flight so we spent the entire day on Dallas. Then we spent a week on Hawaii. I was on heaven.

I am surprised that Fallout 76 was not top of that list.

This. There are so many cooler things than an AH. I actually prefer the transmog yak because transmog is generally harder to find than an AH. Since I’m nothing but a casual AHer I’d rather just wait until I have a spare moment, whereas mogging my gear is something I want done immediately. And let’s be real, the most important part is the repair/vendor npc, and that can be had with a mammoth for under 30k. The yak only costs a token, that’s worth it. 5 million for anything is entirely too much.

Not to mention the yak is already so huge it’s completely stupid as an actual mount. I imagine brutosaur would be even more heinous.

4 Likes

Probably because it was announced months ago and nobody cares.

2 Likes

I’m inclined to agree, I don’t like any of the large mounts.

I’m convinced they’re … um, visual representations.

2 Likes

As humans we tend to think that what we think is important is much more important to everyone else than it really is. If you look at the “mega-threads” you’ll notice it’s usually the same 2 to 4 people keeping the thread alive because most people simply don’t care.

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll have a new auction mount in SL. Also it may not be as big of a deal, but an easier-to-acquire mailbox mount would be fairly convenient

1 Like

you’re a few months too late. Also who cares

Basically there was a whole mega thread. I said my piece back in november-february when I got my mount!

I doubt it.

I think they priced it high and then intentionally did not put auction houses in the new capital cities to increase sales and the effect of the gold sink. I don’t think it sold as many as they expected. I bought one for convenience of having ready access to an AH without having to log over to another character, etc.

I guess they decided to turn it instead into an illustration of what might happen if anybody dares to take a break from the game. I personally don’t think that “sucks to be you” is really all that good a way to treat people you want to be paying customers. But hey.

3 Likes

They’ve never put auction houses in new cities, except for engineers.

The new capital cities do have auctioneers for engineers.

1 Like

I’ve read a lot of these threads, and it seems like the people that are the most annoyed about it would never get the gold for it to begin with. By that I mean they’d lose interest in farming/earning gold and give up part way in.

For me, I’d never tried goldmaking ever, but it turns out it’s actually pretty fun to do. Started towards the end of April and got my Brutosaur Early in July. This was right in the middle of all the “It’s impossible to make that much gold in time!” threads.

It feels like people are just whining because something is been taken away. But it’s like getting mad over Elite PvP sets not being obtainable after their specific season is done, or AOTC mounts after a new raid tier.

1 Like

They could have put an auction house in Boralus and Dazar’Alor. The idea that people should roll max level engineers as bank alts is a big “what are you smoking?”

This would be me…not the annoyed part…(I don’t care if I have it or not.) I didn’t then and do not have the gold for it and really get bored farming gold.

I think much of the appeal is just the exclusivity. I know there are a lot of posts in the goblin reddit thread by people who started just because they’d heard it was going away.

They could, but I recall their reasoning for BC was that they didn’t want Stormwind and Orgrimmar to become dead cities.

Mind you, Shattrath forward are pretty dead, but I don’t think we have the populations to fill every city unless they did even denser phasing.

Plus, if you really want your bank alt in the cap city, you don’t actually need a ‘max level engineer’. All you need is engineer 1 and a portal. :slight_smile:

This. Nothing wrong in wanting to have one and having pride in that you could afford it.

I felt that back when Horsemans Reins was so scarce. Same with Invincible and the Swift Zulian Tiger. Now not so much.

Sure I’m proud of having them, but with the account wide mounts …everyone can show them off.
So getting a mount like the Brutosaur takes away the chance to be one up for some I guess.

I don’t care about it mainly because…5 mil gold at once…I’d hyperventilate spending it. lol

I dunno man they’re just going to replace it with a different mount that does the same thing. Probably going to be cheaper too and all the kids who scrambled to get one will be mad. I won’t. I got it because I thought it was cool and had gorillions of gold laying around from order halls. I don’t sell boosts and I’m not an AH goblin and I got it just fine because Blizzard threw millions of gold at me through their stupid phone app game.