Removed Post/Thread

If I disagree with a decision that was made regarding a post/thread, and it was removed. Can I appeal it?

I believe you can only appeal if you receive a action for that post that was removed.

There was no action. It was just removed. I sincerely don’t agree with this.

If they remove the thread, then they felt it was unrecoverable and felt like removal was the only thing left to use.

3 Likes

I appreciate your responses. Maybe one of the blue gods can explain. It was my intention to reach out to players my age and connect. A little humor and levity were thrown in and I felt the thread had grown and I connected with a lot of people my age. I didn’t see any arguing or misbehaving. There were no insults or vulgarities. It was just a fun thread where I could see players that are as old as I and still playing this game or any game for that matter. The civility in the thread was astounding. It reached over 100 replies and over 400 views.

Yes, it was removed because it really wasn’t game related, Peryll.

Those type of threads tend to be troll magnets and while we will sometimes give a little leeway, usually aren’t allowed.

4 Likes

I’m not trying to be argumentative, but there are a lot of threads that aren’t “game related”. I’m not picking on it because I enjoy posting on it, but what does the LGBTQ+ thread mean to this game? Yes, there are players who identify with that, just as there are players who identify as Gen X. If you bothered to read the thread you would have seen the was little to no trolling. I was just doing it to meet and talk to people my age.

Please reconsider.

2 Likes

The blues here isn’t the folks who handle the rest of the forums, they can’t reconsider it because you want them to. Their job is to mainly take care of the CS forum. More to the point, what other people are doing has no bearing on your thread. If the mods feel like it doesn’t fit, it doesn’t fit.

1 Like

Orlyia doesnt tries not to moderate outside of the CS forums if she doesnt have to she can look at why its been removed and shed some light. Look theres plenty of threads that u can get involved with too many of the same topic could be considered spam. Maybe if u looking this hard for similary people try other platforms and leave wow for wow.

That’s fine, but Orlyia knew about my thread and gave reasoning for it to be removed. Regardless is Orlyia made the decision or not, asking for a reconsideration with explanation can’t hurt. If it’s yes it yes, if it’s no it’s no.

I realy dont think ur gona win this battle its blizzards sandbox we just play in it and have to abide by there rules.

1 Like

I’m just asking for a reconsideration. If it’s yes it’s yes and if it’s no it’s no. I’ll accept any response after this from blue poster.

You’re not wrong. It was one of the more positive threads that brought community together moreso than many. And it was about WoW players. Though I honestly hadn’t read all of it to know if it degenerated.

But there’s not much we can do, unfortunately. The only time we can appeal is if we’re actioned. And the SFAs here, while they will help out with things, aren’t the moderation staff.

3 Likes

I understand, but the idea that it’s a troll magnet seems thin. The Waggle thread is definitely a troll magnet, but it’s allowed to continue and 99% of the stuff that is talked about in it has nothing to do with WoW.

That isn’t what this forum is for, nor is it the blues job here to do. If you want to meet folks, you can head to the guild renouncement forum and hit up a guild for like-minded folks.

1 Like

I’m not looking for a guild.

Just let me ask and see what happens.

That is not strictly true anymore.

4 Likes

Generally, if the correct information is given a Blue post is not likely.

1 Like

My post title was:

Gen X Players, Where are You?

The post that was flagged was:

Just wondering how many of us are actually out there?

It was a civil and sometimes funny thread. I found out there were many of us and we relived the way we grew up. They were all players, and it was a civil and friendly thread.

This was the reason it was deleted. It’s very general and doesn’t accurately portray the contents of the thread. Just the perceived. If we are going to generalize threads that may or may not be “player” related, then I know a few “Megathreads” that need to go.

1 Like

That is why it was just removed instead of you catching any sanctions, Peryll.

This isn’t X or Facebook or Reddit. There are many many venues to socialize.

13 Likes