Removed from TW on last boss did not get quest item

I was in a group killing Yogg and for some reason was removed and didn’t get loot from the boss or chest so RIP quest item. Did not come in the mail, they won’t mail quest item apparently. Redid Yogg to get quest item but boss was not eligible for loot. Dropped the quest, picked it up again, did Yogg one more time just in case, still no item. Can’t talk to GM anymore in this game to resolve issues…

1 Like

Sadly, there is nothing here anyone can do. Only option you can do is requeue and try again. CS can not award quest items from a boss if removed from a dungeon.

2 Likes

Except they cannot because they are loot locked and unable to loot the boss again for the quest item. So they cannot complete the quest for their hero track gear.

But ya nothing can be done OP.

Something could be done, but Blizzard chooses not to.

1 Like

No, they are not going to give you something that you didn’t actually obtain.

That’s not something that they’ve ever done.

3 Likes

Also, they were doing the Ulduar raid, not one of the TW dungeons.

They were doing the Disturbance Detected: Ulduar quest. It requires the quest item ( Titan Prison Fragment ) be looted from Yogg-Saron’s corpse in the special timewalking version of Ulduar.

2 Likes

Oooh. Sorry OP, didn’t know it was from Timewalking. But still, nothing can be done for you to get the item.

Yes, technically speaking, we could do any number of things. Grant anyone any item they wish, or give them millions in gold, etc… but we’ve established specific rules that govern when we may or may not become involved.

We are generally not able to provide an item, achievement or quest completion in this situation. I am very sorry that you were removed before you could receive credit and get your quest item, truly.

9 Likes

Just unfortunate that the item cannot be mailed like other loot that you didn’t loot from a boss fight.

1 Like

Thats a dev issue that needs to be taken up in the dungeons/raids/scenario forums feedback here wont be passed along.

2 Likes

Agreed. Quest items are one of the exemptions for the Postmaster. :frowning: Sorry, Yaotl.

6 Likes

This happened to me and several others in the first run that I attempted. It stated in chat that I was removed from the raid when I entered the room, but I was still in the raid. The boss had greyed out health bars like it was opposite faction tagged or tagged by the capped amount of people. Then, I completed the kill, along with everyone in the raid, and was able to loot Yogg’s chest, but not Yogg himself for the quest item.

I looked into it a bit and didn’t even try with support as I knew they would give me some copy-paste response about waiting a week or that they couldn’t help me. I’m just sad that I wasted an hour and a half for a heroic loot cache that I won’t get, and I’m not willing to spend the time on my other characters to flip a coin at getting nothing.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me on my main. Seems they’ve made a change though because tonight I was running on my alt and noticed the quest item was auto looted to her. So I tried again on my main and got hers as well.

3 Likes

There was a hotfix tonight.

5 Likes