Remove World Buffs From Raids

Totally agree. Obsession with parses and clear speeds have ruined raiding. The game is too easy as it is. World buffs are not needed,

7 Likes

It’s a reality, if you don’t have world buffs you literally can’t compete.

The difference between #1 and #100 is usually going to be RNG, kill times, and logging out for cooldowns. But the difference between being in the top 1% and being in the top 5-15% is usually number of world buffs.

The damage number differences even within the top 1% are absolutely massive. being flat 99th percentile vs. being 99.9th percentile is a difference of 2-3x the damage.

You can compete. That doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed to win.

Just because you choose not to wear shoes doesn’t mean you weren’t running in the race.

So, from what it sounds like, you want to be in the top 1% but don’t want to do what is necessary, and therefore want to pull everyone in the top 1% down to your level instead?

7 Likes

You can feel free to check my logs, I’m very much in the top 1% I just think it’s an absolutely awful system.

You can participate in a marathon without legs, but you’re not actually competing.

8 Likes

Too bad. That’s how it was in vanilla.

You should take the time to look up the definition of compete.

This isn’t actually how it was in vanilla, in vanilla onyxia heads would often go days, and at times weeks without being dropped. The same goes for heart of hakkar, nef head. And you’d be kidding yourself if you think that people were getting summons to songflowers, or mind controlled for wcb, or getting diamond flask battle shout. This accessibility to world buffs is a direct consequence of the massive server populations.

It’s clear you take immense pride in your 99%s, but I don’t really know why, who cares about parses that are fueled by buffs that are gained outside of the raid.

10 Likes

Isn’t this how it worked in Vanilla too? If it’s authentic, and not an exploit, #NoChanges

Whew son, lot’s of spam to report in this thread, gunth’s 100 quotes and dumb emotes as usual along with some no changers memes. Anyway, I agree with the OP.

Too easy. Lol… What a concept.

2 Likes

It was, actually.

The mechanics of world bosses are all the same. Cooldowns are the same. Being able to be brought into raids is the same.

Just because people didn’t do it – or didn’t do it as often – doesn’t mean the game is any different.

I don’t care about that. I just want the game to be accurate to vanilla.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t change much in that respect. Most classes only push 1 or 2 buttons to dps. Top dps would just be people who used their trinkets smarter than everyone else.

False claims. You sound very suspect.

I’m curious why there are so many sentiments of “keeping the game vanilla” and “no changes” on these forums when before the game even left the testing stage it was changed so much that the idea of either of these two statements was completely untenable, everything you could think of has been tampered with. The top players in the world had gear prior to BWL that didn’t come out for another year in vanilla, time travelling not included in no changes or ?

2 Likes

Citation needed.

1 Like

Did you see his link? They were intended to be cool rewards. So basically uh, to be used for whatever people wanted. There was no foresight on what they would be used for.

1 Like

So, raids.

2 Likes

Don’t use them if you don’t want to.

Raids are not a competition.

People are min/maxing in the sixteen year old game.

What a shocker, what a conundrum, what an unexpected turn of events, what an ordeal, what a problem, what a mess, what a twist.

6 Likes

I don’t care one way or another about world buffs, but this continues to be the worst point for people to make.

The ‘do-ability’ of raids without them is irrelevant. You may as well remove flasks as well. It doesn’t matter how doable raids are with or without them. People like being able to do their best when playing a game.

Every single Final Fantasy game is beatable without getting level 99, but it’s still fun to get to level 99 and beat a game.

2 Likes

Except its already changed, you have larger servers, thus more chances to receive multiple buffs.

1 Like