Remove World Buffs From Raids

Citation needed.

1 Like

Did you see his link? They were intended to be cool rewards. So basically uh, to be used for whatever people wanted. There was no foresight on what they would be used for.

1 Like

So, raids.

2 Likes

Don’t use them if you don’t want to.

Raids are not a competition.

People are min/maxing in the sixteen year old game.

What a shocker, what a conundrum, what an unexpected turn of events, what an ordeal, what a problem, what a mess, what a twist.

6 Likes

I don’t care one way or another about world buffs, but this continues to be the worst point for people to make.

The ‘do-ability’ of raids without them is irrelevant. You may as well remove flasks as well. It doesn’t matter how doable raids are with or without them. People like being able to do their best when playing a game.

Every single Final Fantasy game is beatable without getting level 99, but it’s still fun to get to level 99 and beat a game.

2 Likes

Except its already changed, you have larger servers, thus more chances to receive multiple buffs.

1 Like

sounds like someone got dispelled on the way to BWL

4 Likes

tough luck they’re staying

2 Likes

It’s weird when people assume this, my logs are publicly accessible and one look at them would show I don’t get purged or die on the way to raid.

Lolz

What are the point of these posts?

It’s never going to change, so why bother posting about it??

1 Like

why not? it’s something to talk about

1 Like

I mean, black lotus got changed, dunno why this is off the table.

6 Likes

It’s a pointless conversation, it will never change.

They buffed lotus spawns/reduced the chance to camp spawns. (Reducing cost, therefore increasing people flasking in raids) Increasing dps/parses

Completely different to removing buffs from raids(Reducing dps/parses)

4 Likes

let people have things.

1 Like

Except the lotus situation was super toxic, world buffs don’t hurt anyone.

Got mixed feelings about this. On paper I completely agree with Marty.

While I’m playing, I enjoy WB. I think Blizz made the decision that players who suck at PvE will essentially rely on WB to complete raids anyways and this is the way they did it.
The trick is to join a guild that’s not quite as try-hard and not completely enslaved by the world buff mechanic.

SHould it be changed? Maybe. They changed black lotus AND Gorshak farming. Classic in itself is already not exactly like a Vanilla experience therefore asking for no changes is a bit weird. It’s pretty clear Classic experience is Vanilla revamped, not Vanilla.

Start a petition to end world buffs upon entering raids, our voices need to be heard!

1 Like

I don’t think it should be changed but I for one can’t wait until buffs/consumables are streamlined in whatever version of TBC we get. Unless we get 2.0 TBC. That would suck.

1 Like