Remove this trinket from the game

The trinket would actually be nuts if our 2p and 4p weren’t giving some classe up to 40% extra damage, making the relative value of the upside smaller without decreasing the impact of the downside, making the value proposition questionable.

Scars would probably have been nutty if it was a trinket in S1 for instance. It’s just that, as Garrosh says, “times change”.

1 Like

Just making sure that if you wander off the pasture, the other ranch hands know where to send you back.

1 Like

You made all the havoc DHs cry again over their 4p.

Yea, this trinket is the most garbage item on the entire list of items that someone could get in their vault. I got this on Tuesday on this character and I looked at it dumbfounded. Then I looked it up and after reading the explanation 11 times and looking at some wowhead comments, I deleted it from my bags. Which is weird because I don’t delete trinkets ever.

2 Likes

There’s a reason why I’m still toting around the mastery trinket from ZM quests and the mastery trinket from the Maw world boss.

Yanno, I’d just like item descriptions that tell us what it actually bloody does. The Cube from De Otha Side has the same issue where it does…something but you have to look up what it does on other websits, and that’s really freaking dumb.

“Affix a rune to yourself, for a price”
What does the rune do?
What is the price?
“Add another”
Does this increase the initial rune ‘benefit’ and ‘price’, does it give you different benefits and costs, does it have a temporary duration or until somethin clears the stacks some how?

Seriously Bliz, could we stop with vague things like this on equipment? Yellow text fluff stuff on items being vague is fine, the ‘what it does’ text being vague is not.

There’s actually a good Night Fae trinket for melee/tanks, basically every time you take damage you have a chance to heal and deal a pretty sizable AOE counter attack for free.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=181458/queensguards-vigil?bonus=6935 here it is!

Yeah, and the sanctum tank trinkets are still bis because the sepulcher and m+ ones are insultingly bad.

1 Like

I guess I missed this comment the first time -

The trinkets “this expansion” haven’t been garbage. Assuming you’re whining specifically about raid trinkets, SoD had some absolutely nuts trinkets. Old Warrior’s Soul is one of the most OP trinkets in the game’s history. And then outside of the realm of the S+++ tier, you’ve still got some S tier stuff like Aegis, and then A-tier stuff like Defense Matrix, Dreadfire, the KT Tome, Hymnal, First Sigil, Resonant Reservoir, and Elegy.

It’s pretty much just SFO that has all of the bad stuff. And a lot of it is bad because it doesn’t scale well, as if it was designed around classes not having tier. I’d bet $$$ that was likely the end result - their tuning target simply didn’t account for double leggo and tier.

Furthermore I’ll have you know that such statements are the epitome of hyperbole!

Ows is just an overbudgeted stat stick, and the nathria trinkets were pretty garbage in general. Its funny how that thing’s still bis for my warrior at a heroic ilvl, though.

All the good trinkets were in sanctum, and they are far from anything interesting. Like popping in just to say “oh all that stuff from the last raid tier was super good though!” doesn’t really interest me 1/3 tiers had good trinkets, woo.

Sigil is godlike, but again, nothing special. Elegy is a situationally better soleah.

The sepulcher tank trinkets are unacceptably bad.

You can be wrong online, lol.

If you want to claim that the loot was boring in this expansion, go for it. Garbage though? Lol.

Just lol.

1 Like

Oh my god, you’re actually choosing this hill to die on.

how delightful.

I can see a chunk of your brain through your bashed-in skull and you’re talking about dying on a hill. Bruh.

Yeah, this trinket is a joke. Not because it gives you debuffs, but because the actual buffs are garbage.

To be honest a trinket like that could never be balanced correctly, let alone by the current team. It would either be too powerful or garbage. There is no room for inbetween with those types “double-edged sword” items.

Thats why we almost never see them.

Give me one redeemable quality with the sunblood amethyst, go on, do it.

Give me one good reason it hasn’t been buffed. You shot yourself in the foot and you don’t even know it.

“Most of the trinkets dont suck! The one raid tier had good trinkets! There’s also only two good ones from this raid!”

Hahaha, fail.

Oh, we’re talking about dungeon loot now? Your mistake.

Codex, Cube, Scale, Phial, Soleah, Sack, Changeling, Pre-Nerf Ordinance / Bell combo, and Overwhelming Power Crystal have all been very strong A or S tier trinkets.

The Dungeon trinkets are one area where its pretty undeniable that SL has insane loot. Outside of SoD, SFO has some garbage and CN is like a 50/50 split but the dungeons are pretty much on the level with SoD. People were using 226 Sack in SoD for instance for a number of classes and I believe many tanks were using it for parsing. Blizzard has nerfed it by like 45% overall it was so strong.

The trinkets in dungeons are bonkers. There’s some stinkers but let’s not pretend there have never been bad trinkets before.

Like, if you wanted to focus on raid trinkets alone, and you wanted to harp on how bad SFO trinkets have been, power to you, but claiming the expansion in its entirety has bad loot? Lol.

I just want some of you guys to go back and reflect on the fact that in Legion, people used a world boss item with a bunch of assorted secondaries because loot was so bad. That’s what weak trinkets look like. Or heck, y’know go back to WoD, I don’t even know the names of trinkets from WoD because most of them aside from the Archimonde stuff was junk.

2 Likes

It is a glorious warrior trinket. I have the 259 version on one of my 3 warriors. I have it bound to siegebreaker, I use it in his fury set with talented siegebreaker and signet of tormented kings. He is my best performing fury.

So now trinkets offend people… Stop it !!!

Excuse you? I wouldn’t have such a love/hate relationship with this lovely item if it was garbage: