Remove the player Auction House

This is coming from someone who lives in the game without buying from the AH and I do very well. Maybe this is just the thing needed to spur crafters into making items for others instead of buying from the AH. Just remove the concept or idea that the economy is based on coins… remove the gold/silver & copper but put a value on items and trade with others based on this value.

1 Like

Technically yes, but the original poster also stated removing the ability to trade gold with people too.

Ahh, missed that - but even better! Look at PoE, they have no gold at all and somehow make trading work.

2 Likes

Now that would be sick!

Thats better!

Generally your arguments would sound more credible if I hadn’t already seen WoW before the gold sellers became so prevalent, if I hadn’t thrived in that community. I’ve seen the detrimental impact of the gold sellers as has the rest of the community (with of course some obvious exceptions).

I disagree with you on GDKP, you are correct that you can form your own group, but you still miss the impact the GDKP crowed is having due to an out of game economy.

I don’t need to give examples of the auction house, there are thousands of items and I’d consider that a separate discussion. It’s fair to say it’s inflated towards those spending additional real life currency on in game currency, and that inflation is obviously creating a larger than normal disparity on the more desired items, producing more pressure to spend the additional real life currency rather than spend time we don’t have. This does also impact raid participation. You can disagree if you like, neither of us have quantitative data or prove the point, so it’s a qualitative discussion and we can disagree on what the available (to us) evidence says.

I’ve already stated my anti-community stance in the previous post, I’m not sure why you have questions, maybe re-read it and think about it.

Perhaps we see competing differently, I mean it in a general sense of competing for time and resource. I’d also note it’s not just items, but materials, mobs, time to completion not in a race to win sense, but in an available time per day or play session sense. I think the context of my comments warrants this general definition.

I saved the first for last, I agree that it’s a better solution for Blizzard to put more time and resources into removing the bots. Why would I not agree? Blizzards says they can’t win with this method, they even tried a different method on Retail with the Game Token. I said this is the ‘least bad’ solution, with all expectation it’s whispering into the wind. So there’s not much to talk about with your already tried for almost 20 years suggestion, which is what started me down this road in the first place.

Keep moving maybe you’re catching up.

You typed all of that and basically avoided my questions. No examples of over priced items on the auction house that affect competition and your definition of competing against other players in an online mmo is basically to save personal time.

You’re playing the wrong game.

Except you missed 1 part. Account selling. So you just sell the account with gold attached like how people did it back in vanilla-cata.

This ain’t EQ, son, and that type of player interaction is too time consuming and inefficient.
/minmax

1 Like

I didn’t list it correct, I didn’t miss it however your are correct account selling is an issue, but I consider it a separate issue like item banking for real life gold would be. It doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be addressed but they don’t have the same dynamics as gold selling does.

Sorry kiddo but Chaos-Bolt has declared war on the gdkp trash. Your tears are no match for an automated report system haha

You want to remove player trading and the AH? Talk about a quick way to kill the game, bottlenecking players into gathering profesions, which they’d likely not want, creating undesirable gameplay.

Gold sellers don’t disrupt my gameplay at all, I have plenty of gold, I can farm nodes comfortably (mining and fishing specifically) and I don’t GDKP. How are gold sellers disrupting your gameplay?

1 Like

Im not on Chaos-bolt and I already said I havent done a single GDKP in SOD lol not really planning on it either tbh, but I dont see anything wrong with them. From what I can tell anyone complaining about GDKP’s are salty losers who think that if people werent running GDKP’s they would find groups easier lmfao.

Wrong cornball. One is created by blizzard, and the incentive to buy gold to use it is a small amount, and if its not then youre usually buying one item and done.

The other is created by the community, buying gold every single week to participate, while distributing 100s of botted gold into multiple people, and if it was gone. Surprise everyone can still raid the normal way

I swear you have some of the goofiest takes ive seen on these forums

Ok and removing the ah, people can still find loot the usual way. Your point doesnt work.
Both incentivise gold buying. Like usual you guys make baseless claims…

1 Like

Alternate solution: Put a multiplier cap on goods.

Item vendors for 20s.
Capped listings at 500%.
Item cannot be posted for more than 1g.

Guarantees that AH inflation won’t drive up prices. People can still trade high, but that’s a higher burden of effort.

maybe we’re going about this all wrong… Blizzard recently removed the authenticator from their inventory. But is allowing for phone app authenticator to be use to secure your login… So is it possible to add or assign a phone number to your account or to a single character. This way those creating bots would have to use a phone number to be allowed online/in game. IE: once registered, one number per account (max 5 chars) or add a single phone number to a single char etc… I suspect this would reduce the bot flow as those suppling these bots would have to generate millions of phone numbers to be able to access the world… The thing is phone number would be randomly checked just to verify it’s actually your number. sending a code etc and responding back etc In other words, I’m getting this type of security code via Amazon and other sites. I suspect if something like this was implemented bots would be cut in half or more.

dont care
ban gdkps

Not really, they used to perma ban gold buyers, which made it very uncommon, but that policy was changed in 2012, and then even further changed when new management/ceo/dev took over.

Problem is gold buying has no punishment, famous streamers just got the gold removed, no ban or loss of any kind.

reg people get slaps on the wrist 3 day temp bans, it’s a joke. Perma bans are required.

The gold sellers are not the problem, the players are, the buyers are, and the failed action by the developer to punish said buyers.

Bots will go away if there is no market or small market, when all their customers stop buying due to harsh punishment

1 Like

so true, unfortunately; blizzard wants in this market. they want the wow token to be demanded. and gdkpers are happy to oplige.

yeah, it’s just common sense, old school Blizzard actually did a good job with that, when wow was new, you would get perma banned or harsh punishment for cheating/rmt.

They even sued one of the botting companies, the old Glider case.

1 Like