Remove Spell Batching

Nobody likes playing with an artificial 400ms of lag on top of everything. It only ever leads to frustration.

-heal cast finishes, mana spent, but target still dies
-interrupt spell but it still goes off
-LoS enemy cast but it still goes off
-Vendor purchasing is super choppy and laggy
-etc. etc.

22 Likes

100% agreed.
This feels so unresponsive and frustrating to play compared to other MMOs where your attacks hit your enemies as fast as your ping is.

5 Likes

It does has its own feel to it though right? Maybe they wanted to stay true to that. It’s definitely different.

Nobody wanted to re-create lag and server instability from 2004. What next, should they implement 3+ day downtime and random server crashes to “stay true” ?

10 Likes

Just make like 9k more threads like this and maybe Blizz will remove it.

3 Likes

Yes we did. Those moments where you gouge a blink, or two mages poly each other are hilarious. It wouldn’t be true to vanilla without them.

Those particular moments are nifty, however they’re dwarfed by all the issues batching causes. Which are worse than vanilla because the batching we have in classic is not vanilla batching and happen far more often.

5 Likes

no
the good side of spell batching overshadows the bad side
also its not a super serious competitive esports game

1 Like

And batching makes the general gameplay significantly less fun most of the time.

The very occasional mages sheeping each other happens so seldom compared to batching which makes basically everything you do in game feel sluggish it’s not worth it.

5 Likes

No changes.

spell batching is a burning tire fire we’re all breathing in willingly.

2 Likes

Add spell batching was the change as we’re not using the original vanilla back end and they had to try to recreate it.

#nochanges would have been to just let the back end work as designed.

3 Likes

who has 400ms of lag?

Me and literally everyone else in Classic WoW all in the name of this poorly done “Spell Batching” which for some reason adds half a second delay on almost every interaction done in the game.
All so that some stupid crap can happen like mages sheeping each other at the same time. So now the rest of us have to suffer with 400ms lag every time we pick up an item, buy/sell an item at NPCs, level up, damage our enemies, heal our allies, etc.

This. If the nochanges crowd really wanted it to be authentic, they’d have demanded Blizzard stick with the 1.12.1 client, and never change it at all.
This is not 2004, and certain changes actually SHOULD be made like fixing the dame half second lag on nearly EVERYTHING!

This. Please fix this, Blizzard. I’m tired of the sluggishness while doing just about anything in the game. Keep spell batching if you must, but at least tone it down or fix it so it doesn’t affect things like picking up items and stuff for god’s sake.

Or, alternatively, make a few new realms where this botched “spell batching” system is disabled. I’m tired of it.

3 Likes

Those moments where you pop shield wall (30 min CD) and then get crit by a 2k chain lighting right after are not hilarious.

4 Likes

They are hilarious to the shaman. XD

1 Like

Yeah wow hilarious to one small group. Great.
This is the nochanges crowd mentality. “I like abusing glitches when it suits my advantage so these glitches shouldn’t be fixed or changed.”
That pretty much sums it up.

1 Like

I feel like it’s worse than it ever was in vanilla and I haven’t played since

3 Likes

i think they should keep it but just tone it down.

3 Likes

So you’re okay with the entire game being laggy and unresponsive because “haha look we sheeped each other at the same time XXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD”

good priorities

4 Likes