Remove natural velf options

The super messy ponytail nelves got with most of it hanging down the back… I would do things for that. So I understand.

1 Like

Oh…oh I have something…

By Rama

7 Likes

These mock ups are always so good. All the combos of races mixing hair makes me so sad they’re (mostly) locked.

4 Likes

I wish there was more short hair options with a decent amount of volume and texture in general.

2 Likes

I do kind of have a horse in the void elf warlock race, because one of my two void elves is this classy gent.

And his eyes look great!

I do hope one day they resolve my many issues with humans.
I would really love to main one as from a lore perspective, theyre the most grounded race in the alliance.
Like sometimes as an elf, i just feel a bit out of place when questing. Especially in human areas.

But void elves are just cooler and have nothing about them which bothers me. So void elf main it is for now haha

2 Likes

No, let the alliance void elves be cleansed and be boring high elves, but the lost their magic? lol. Then let the remaining void elves return to the horde.

Give those to Void Elves too. They could use more customization

Also, let us have Blood Elf hairstyles and vice versa.

1 Like

Lightforged velves, huh?

Velf Paladins are coming soon.

Might as well embrace the light.

1 Like

Paladin arent the same as being lightforged

I didn’t understand why Blizzard couldn’t just give the Alliance the High Elves they always wanted, instead they had to make up the Void Elves and then slowly started adding Blood Elf colouring options. lol Why take so much effort being indirect???

I kind of like the Void Elves right now where they have the best of both worlds. They can look like mini Night Elves or like a High Elf. In a way, they have shades and hair colour to sort of match the Draeneis and Nightbornes too, looking like a Draenei-elf cross halfing. More options are always a big welcome.

4 Likes

I can probably give a relatively likely reason.

Blizzard when they made allied races wanted to do two things. Add interesting story related races and add more than a copy paste.

When it came to the void elves they had alleria which they really liked and it seemed players were into it too far as they could tell. They thought, void elf is cool, but we only have one and no real way to get more right now… Lets work on that. Then they came up upon well its just a copy paste of blood elves. So they thought, well void right? Alliance right? Lets make em blueish purple like the void!

And so they came up with the Void Elves we got, then for whatever reasons (honestly I don’t get this choice) they had them only come from other blood elves so we could find em.

Basically they didn’t want to do a copy paste of blood elves originally and they genuinely didn’t think most players would have any issues with the void elves being blue.

After that they had some issues realized maybe giving players what they’re requesting and being a little less strict with things might be a good idea so they gave us the hair and skin tones so folk could enjoy the best of what they thought was cool (which was) and what the people who were long time fans of high elves wanted.

The effort was the disconnect Blizzard had between thinking everyone liked Alleria as the voidy person thing, and that everyone wouldn’t mind the significant changes from the high elves. (blue skin, came from blood elves).

6 Likes

Which was always going to backfire on them. People wanted high elves. Even when the rumors circulated that we might get void elves a good chunk of people were annoyed.(myself included) the high elves have been part of Alliance since Vanilla. Even before blood elves joined the Horde we had high elves here and there aiding the Alliance.

2 Likes

I don’t think blizzard thinks like players do.

To them it’s not as big a deal.

They saw neat thing folk seemed to like. Tweaked it to meet the criteria of not a copy.
Void elf.

1 Like

This is already confirmed to be coming.

To clarify it from one of the Bellular videos:

He was contacted by one developers, who told him the whole story. The changes were a request from the “fresh blood” in the WoW dev team, because they didn’t agree with the High Elves gatekeeping and they were aware how awful the Mechagnomes were received. The senior developer team agreed to the High Elf request, because Shadowlands was already a disaster with the community.

• Shadowlands 9.0.0: Fair skin options, eye colors and hair styles
  • Shadowlands 9.1.5: New hair colors, tentacle-free hair styles
2 Likes

So basically WoW needs to be a disaster before we actually get full blown high elves? Ugh, what an annoyance.

“It is what it is”
This doesn’t count only for High Elves but every desirable feature that the community has requested.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the reason for this was that the creative team thought it would add a “conflict layer” to them as a precursor to BfA.

As out of character as it was, You may recall how suddenly nuclear Rommath and Lor’themar were to them. Lor’themar was near frothing at the mouth in the Siege of Undercity when they appeared.

It was weird and out of character for him but they dangled the “well they are technically traitors who left Silvermoon and are now helping the Alliance with forbidden magic”. So….yeah…I guess…he got over it pretty quick though :person_shrugging: