Remove natural velf options

Really only void elves, kul tirans, nightborne, vulpera, and to some degree zandalari, are the only allied races that deserve not to just be customisation options.

But at the time, allied races were pretty cool.

Too late to undo now obviously.

1 Like

My most controversial opinion is that I still wish void elves were Horde. Completely for the selfish reason that the void elf racials (entropic embrace, voice reverb, and the other shadow motifs) really sell being a Dark Ranger. Except they’re Alliance. I’m crying screaming and throwing up.

1 Like

If you had asked me back in legion, i would have been all for them being horde.

But ive since grown accustomed to decent architecture and decent characters.
So im glad theyre alliance.

But i still hope one day you can play any race on either faction. That way you could have them on the horde.
(And i could have my alliance vulpera…)

3 Likes

Yeah. They did it with BGs and stuff too, but I think removing customizations would be where I draw a line in the sand imo.

Khrog, nobody gives a crap about your sockpuppeting. Go pester someone else.

3 Likes

I thought Velves were gonna be Horde and Nightborne Alliance. Because I thought they’d at least try to reconnect Tyrande with Suramar. But was definitely wrong there.

2 Likes

I would do a lot more interesting things with my money than try to troll people…

Bye!

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity

And enjoy the ignore.

3 Likes

Never understood why they didn’t just go about giving the Alliance High Elves instead. Allied races were kind of silly.

3 Likes

Because a high elf is just a regular blood elf. There is nothing that makes them different. And without being different, there is no justification for them.

So we got void elves. Theyre the same blood high elves, but voidy.
Theyre different enough to be made a playable race.

5 Likes

They’re also genuinely awesome and a really good idea.

I remember seeing them and Alleria in a nobbel video and came running back to wow from being years away.

Been so happy since.

3 Likes

Yeah in my opinion at least, they’re way cooler than a normal elf could ever be.
I mean, we glow in combat. Thats awesome.

2 Likes

Does Alleria still consider herself a high elf? Can one be both a high elf and a void elf?

Characters in Azeroth don’t think in terms of customization options or gameplay choices.

Alleria is a child of Quel’Thalas and a solider of the Alliance. She returned after 1000 years to find most of her surviving kin switched political affiliation. Didn’t change who she is.-Steve Danuser

She could think she’s an ice elf for all I care.

If it looks and acts like a velf, it’s a velf.

1 Like

No. She considers herself a Ren’dorei, as she’s now a child of the void. She isn’t Quel’dorei. That’s why she doesn’t lead them, her sister does as she’s still Quel’dorei.

You can always tell Void Elves from Blood Elves/High Elves because they glow blue, they bleed blue, they have horrible hairstyles that make them super unattractive and unpretty and so on and so on where on the dual side we don’t glow, we bleed red and we have the pretty hairstyles including the tiara one.

Elves are funny like that.

Nightborne also bleed a different color than night elves who bleed a different color than blood elves.

Personally, I prefer the void elf styles, but that’s because I’m a sucker for a bit of hair dangling in the face on women and a decent beard on men.

My melee blood elves are usually male because the female blood elf “hit in combat” screech is possibly the single worst noise in game and unbearable if you’re tanking (and I like to tank!).

My point is that tastes vary…

Which is why it’s great to get more customizations for everyone so we can all be happy! And I can get a decent beard and some not 2010 hairstyles on my blood elves please and thank you

2 Likes

I switched to this one to reply to you because this one used to be my Void Elf Warlock and now it’s a Lightforged Draenei Warlock because they look 100% better than Void Elves, however I just want to point out that I have never once said that people’s tastes don’t vary from mine and I also have never once said that people can’t like Void Elves or Void Elf hairstyles I just find them to be unattractive and unpretty and that’s my own opinion a lot of my posts point that out and even show me wishing they’d get better ones despite not even having one anymore so I’d get no benefit from them being added.

I want more braids.

I’m just feeling excitable because we went from “getting undead and night elf customizations” to “and more”.

WHAT COULD IT BE?

Probably not fixing dwarf eyebrows to match haircolor instead of skin tone, but there’s lots of fun possibilities. And I do like seeing what people come up with for their characters.

1 Like

I love how much pain and agony these stupid elfs cause. Still not as dumb as tauren rogues though. whaddya gonna do

1 Like