Remove mythic raid Id lockout

And make it just like heroic lockout.

Mythic lockout does nothing but kill guilds to roster and recruitment boss

There is no reason for mythic lockout in 2021. It limits how many people you can play it.

8 Likes

Sus. You just wanna sell CE multiple times per week. :rofl:

But yes, agreed. This system is killing guilds.

Retail WoW is so bad now

This is all true. Still so confused why this is still a thing

1 Like

The whole “mythic raid” thing needs a revamp. I’ve seen so many guilds fall apart because it requires 20 man. Since BFA, I’ve been a part of 8 guilds that have fallen apart because of this. All of them “have been together since BC and aren’t going anywhere!!!”

I am just at a point where I don’t raid anymore after my last raid team fell apart. I’m over it, it’s bad content.

I would say that it is more towards needing 20 people in a decaying subscriber environment more so than the lockout ID system. Given that the one mythic uses has been in the game since vanilla.

Because of bad leadership. The mythic raiding scene has always been smallerish, even back in where mythic didn’t exist and it was “heroic”.

Running a guild takes sacrifice, hard work and constant recruitment. And you don’t get paid for it. I been doing it for years. I’ve 21st manned this tier. And it helped a ton with killing bosses faster but yeah even then players want results, you need a good environment etc.

it has nothing to do with a declining sub base of casual players that could never be in a team environment which requires you to play mechanically sound while doing throughput and requiring you to put in time and effort, even on a casual schedule like ours.

2 Likes

The main problem with Mythic raiding is that you need more than 20 players on the team, but all 20 players can’t play because of the 20-man cap.

Keep the lockout ID.

Keep the 20 man minimum.

But have the raid scale from 20 to 30 players so that everyone can play.

Massive QOL improvement for raiders and guilds, right there. Way bigger than anything else they could do.

Let people play.

I disagree with the flex raiding. But lock out needs to go.

Most problems go away once lockout goes away.

2 Likes

still disagree
my guild has like 25/26/27 ppl

we’re all happy to rotate on fights.
we clear decently enough to get everyone CE.
ezpz

1 Like

Agreed.

Remove the archaic lockout rules from Mythic.

Honestly, remove the fixed 20-man status too. Let it flex the same amount other difficulties do. Tuning doesn’t have to be 100% perfect. Letting people see the content within reason is more important than having everyone measured out perfectly.

If a group of 13 players has been progressing through Normal and then Heroic handily, they shouldn’t hit this magical wall at Mythic where they’re just not allowed to play anymore.

1 Like

Why does everyone need to see all the ‘content’?

I’m pretty sure the whole reason blizzard added extra difficulties was so people could still see the raids without being a geared top-tier player.

As another player pointed out, it’s been in the game since vanilla.

1 Like

Not everyone needs to see all content, but if players are capable of clearing what comes before Mythic, they’re clearly capable of at least starting to push into Mythic, but there’s an arbitrary extra wall there that prevents reasonable access to it for no reason but logistics. It doesn’t need to be there.

(And as for the lockout rules on their own, well, those are just pointless and outdated to begin with, they need to go even if we keep the fixed size)

It is a catch-22.

One good thing about mythic is that it isn’t the same revolving door of players that is a heroic clear.

That being said, no one wants to join a 1/10 or 2/10 raid and miss out on the “free” loot from the earlier bosses. So it makes backfilling someone leaving or continuing a run the following day nearly impossible.

It is particularly bad late in the patch lifecycle when it is hard to have full attendance for a guild roster.

I don’t know that there is a good answer this. Maybe some compromise like after Hall of Fame is full or 1k guilds have cleared, then do it?

I mean at this point - is there really a harm?

The hard reality is that Blizzard will continue to hemorrhage players and then guilds as this continues.

They dont. But why are we making content artificially hard to access. People I guild with are generally good enough to knock put heroic pretty quickly. After that if you dont raid Mythic the game is over for raiding
 number one reason I pause my sub is because rading is done for the tier once mythic prog stalls.

A 20 man hard scaling I think has a clear game purpose. It allows for easier fight tunning and fights tailored to a specidic raid size. But the mythic lockout prevents you from filling holes in a 20 man roster, or getting reclears for a rotating roster.

Yes there would be changes with no lockout. We would see more CE carries. But frankly thats an issue we already live with for M+ and PvP.

I gurantee we would have more mythic prog if we could fill holes with good players from other guilds on our M+ friends list. Or get pugs on late bosses who normally wouldnt want to lockout from earlier.

I suspect why some people want to keep lockouts is because they think it preserves the integrity of guild mythic prog rankings, by reducing carries. That is probably the only downside. But at the same time, Alliance guilds already got CE carries last season, its just hard to pull off right now.

Blizzard could preserve a special guild rewards for guilds that down bosses with a 100% guild roster. To try to preserve accollades for in theory carry free kills.

1 Like

YES, the mythic raid lockout ID is ridiculous

Please stop necro’ing every thread on this topic.

1 loot drop per week. It’s the game. Always been that way.

Am I going to show up to baseball and declare bats are useless, let’s use ball launchers instead?

sorry, but I’m really just frustrated at this point. I want this to happen and I really don’t understand any of the reasons for having such a restrictive lockout for this part of the game.

How, would this change if the mythic lockout was the same as heroic lockouts???