Remove Mage "Portal" spell, only fair following Soar nerf logic

1. not at all what they said

2. it was already worse than dragonriding

Soar gets nerfed by 30% and you want to entirely remove mage portals. Right, okay…
:roll_eyes:

I mean, Soar would be a totally acceptable racial if it functioned as TBC Flight outside of the Dragon Isles, and Dragonriding as a mechanic should stay in the Dragon Isles.

So, yeah. That’s me.

It was a totally acceptable racial prenerf and your insistance that we drop any new feature in favor of an obsolete one from 18 years ago is ridiculous.

I am saying to keep it in Dragonflight. We don’t have to remove Dragonriding from the game, just keep it in the Dragon Isles, but it replacing TBC Flight is a ludicrous suggestion.

It actually kinda is:

official announcement on soar nerf
From that announcement:

“With the next alpha build, we’re making a change to Soar for Dracthyr that reduces their maximum speed from (roughly) 930% to 640%. The maximum speed for Dragon Isles Drakes is unchanged. This only applies to the Dracthyr Soar racial ability.”

If that’s not saying that the nerf making Soar even slower than dragonriding is intentional, I don’t know what it is.

True. But after testing on Alpha, Blizzard felt that wasn’t enough. Hence the new nerf. That’s fine. It should still be fun and Alpha is the time to make these kinds of nerfs.

Nah just make the cast time 940% longer.

Portals only take you to capital cities. They don’t make it faster to travel across entire zones.

If mages could open a portal to any location in the world at a click of a button, then you’d have a point.

i agree. remove rogues.

aw, that’s stinky :frowning:

we call that hyperbole. It’s often used to provide an example between two sepetate subjects.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to take away teleport and not portal? Everyone can use a portal.

I believe that readers’ varying ability to understand satire in various texts all over the world creates a drastic efficiency advantage over readers who don’t have access to satire.

In line with the philosophy for removing that type of text seen in the alpha builds of the new Dragonflight expansion, this ability to understand satire should be removed from the game, as the knowledge that readers will be able to all understand the same thing will allow me to have more fun on my monk.

Thank you.

2 Likes

2 anti-Mage threads in 2 days. What the hell? What did we ever do to you? We give you buffs, food and portals AND THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT US?

1 Like

Dragonriding diehards are lashing out and trying to find something, anything to blame for Soar being inappropriate as a racial.

A poor example.

At least your armor doesn’t come from the local clown college dumpster.

it wasn’t poor. i could tell this was satire and it didn’t exactly take a lot of effort

1 Like

Soar nerf and “Logic” don’t belong in the same sentence together.

2 Likes

Did you just compare a class ability with a racial trait? Really?