Remove Layering NOW

The only reason you put in layering and borderline ruined Classic in the first place was to handle launch. Most the players are spread out enof now… Remove layering.

The abuse is already happening. Players are hopping to get brokentooth. Players are hopping to get rares. Players are hopping to aoe farm and grind. Players are hopping to get black lotus. Many players have hopped to get arena grandmaster.

This is a joke. If you don’t stop layering now. Every server’s economy will be forever ruined and many “accomplishments” in game will be forever tainted.

Do you want to ruin WoW, Blizzard? If not, turn down and/or remove layering totally NOW!

75 Likes
Click me
Click me
Click me
Click me
Click me
Click me
Click me
Click me
Click me
Click me
Almost there
Click me
Click me
Click me

no

73 Likes

Layering is there to help reduce queue times. Removing layering would mean you will be back here complaining about queue times.

10 Likes

WRONG.

The server has the same number of players on it either way.

If you have 50k people on a server and 5 layers, you have 10k per layer. If you have 1 layer you have 50k per layer. How do people still not understand layering?

22 Likes

Layering doesn’t actually have anything to do with the queue times as Blizzard explained it because there is still a hard cap for each server, with or without layers. These hardcaps exist whether you have one layer or 10 layers because they are built around the eventuality that it will eventually be squished down to a single layer. The problem layers do solve is the initial crowding in the first few zones which I think we have got past.

12 Likes

This guy knows more about software engineering and stuff than Blizzard, impressive :thinking:

3 Likes

No, I am just able to understand the difference between the amount of players on a server and the amount of players on layers on the server.

3 Likes

I for one quit the minute I realized I was waiting in queues, just to eventually get into a game with a bunch of exploiters. I love vanilla, and this is nothing like it. This is a perversion, and I only hope blizzard eventually adds new servers that don’t ever have layers once the hype dies down… Until then I will not be playing classic.

5 Likes

This was more thought-provoking than the OP.

2 Likes

Fair enough. My understanding was that layering allowed Blizzard to increase the server hard cap. Doesn’t a server with no layering cap at 10k?

This was hilarious.

1 Like

Payoff was huge.

1 Like

Layering allows for the server not to implode or lag hard from everybody being in the same place. The playerbase has moved on from starter zones now and is fairly well spread out. There is no use in layering now. It only destroys the economy.

Why people are against this is beyond me. I would be willing to say that the people against removing layering or arguing me either have no idea what layering is or they don’t have the slightest idea how bad it is for the game.

I assure you, it is worse than you can imagine. Every hour that goes by another player abuses layering to destroy character progression and economy.

3 Likes

What a wild ride.

It’s my understanding that a very populated server is roughly 5-7k. If 50k people are running around wouldn’t all zones be over populated. I’m struggling to tag mobs still especially in STV with layering ON!

1 Like

First, all caps is the most impolite way to address the devs. Second, just because you didn’t get to be a tough boy world first player doesn’t mean that the system is broken. Blizzard confirmed that layering is working as intended therefor it is, now move along.

3 Likes

And what? Cram all 30k people on a server into one layer? Do you know how literally unplayable this game would be?

4 Likes

So many people are abusing layering though. Layering is useful because overcrowding in early zones, but i think eaither blizzard should start banning people, or rolling back gains so the layering abuse doesnt continue.

2 Likes

This is correct. The largest private server I saw had a population of ~8-10k. The game was not designed to accommodate that many players online in the world at once. They had a dynamic respawn system that did not adequately make up for it. Launch week and not being able to find any Defias Trappers is fun and all, but not when it’s forever.

1 Like

So then if they remove layering wouldn’t they then have to reduce the server population cap in order to maintain a playable world? Wouldn’t this then result in insanely high queues?

3 Likes