Remove Judgments of the Pure (yes I'm a ret)

you only start caring when you’re on ur alt against a ret. it is insanely unfair (no dps spec in the game dispels teammates every 3-6 seconds against MAGIC, disease, and poison debuffs).

ele/enh sham, evoker, spriest, dk, surv/mm hunter, mages, and locks (except aff lock, the UI dispel dmg is very high) can’t play the game.

• surv hunter needs nerf too; dispels bleeds, diseases, and poisons from teammates every 25s…
    • all hunters dispel self
  • spriest magic dispels teammates every 25s
  • evoker dispels bleeds, curses, disease, and poisons from teammates but every 1m
  • other specs don’t dispel magic but other stuff (shams/mages/druids dispel curses)
  • dh dispels magic from teammates but every 1m; dispels self

just remove it from ret, prot and hpal can still have it

15 Likes

Thank you Sir. I need you to go round up your other ret brethren defending this insanity.

6 Likes

I think this is the key right here.

2 Likes

He recognized something making it impossible for other people to be competitive. We need more cognizant and empathetic players that want a diverse set of viable comps.

After being on here for a week I can tell you that ain’t happening.

7 Likes

Please remove it, I want to play my shaman.

6 Likes

This. I can’t play my class. Keep the damage and be tanky to the point where you’re never the kill target but judgements of the pure has to go. And it needs to happen in a hot fix immediately

2 Likes

Just needs to be an active ability, off the GCD.

Judgements of the Pure
12-20 sec cooldown.

Your next Judgement casted on an enemy cleanses all Poison, Disease and Magic effects they have caused on allies within your Aura.

needs a shorter cooldown than mass dispel
needs to remain a paladin “strength.”

1 Like

I’d be okay with this. Having some counterplay to the ability, and/or reducing how frequently it can be used, is fair.

casters said it was world of melee last patch lol now what? you get what you #$%&in deserve

ret used to be able to get allies out of magical debuffs using a cooldown longer than a minute. food for thought

2 Likes

I mean, yes. Judgement of the pure should go. But ret will still be the best class in the game if it gets removed tomorrow.

Ret needs a nerf to its damage or tankiness or utility in a pretty significant way or slight nerfs to all 3.

7 Likes

i honestly think losing jotp with no or little recompense would move ret into “pretty much fine” territory. that garbage they’ve been spouting over and over “one spec is always gonna be the best and it’s ret’s turn” might actually be true if it just played fair and didn’t entirely remove debuff-based specs from the game

2 Likes

No the ability needs to be gutted lmao

Paladins already can already dispel every cc in the game or stop an enemy go with blessing of sanc/magic bop/bop/sac/lay on hands they don’t need a magic dispel

4 Likes

Fool, why would you play anything other than ret.

I literally made a second Ele because of this because i don’t want to play my main and cuck my rating.

Didn’t play my main since 10.0.7

Nothing should have an extra dispel, and Prot should have zero.

1 Like

A few rets I know who had been defending it stopped once they realized that their dispellable stun that they have to cast into the healer also is messed up by another ret

4 Likes

The paladin strength is keeping the team in combat, not dispelling. Current game design doesn’t support a dps actively dispelling constantly

2 Likes

It would be cool if support-style classes had a place in WoW, but the big parse number generator PvE design makes it impossible. Any spec that has this level of team utility automatically becomes incredibly toxic in any kind of competitive PvP environment.

4 Likes

They’re too busy huffing each other’s farts. It’ll be a few weeks till we get a quorum.

2 Likes