Remove Isle of Conquest from BG rotation

Heh, not quite. Map design is important.

OG strand was fun. With a good team you could end that map quick… which is probably why they removed it.

What’s with you people? You can literally take out a stopwatch and time it. Even if you make it to the top of the path, alli still has better positioning. This isn’t complicated. There is a reason why horde consistently loses isle and alli consistently loses AV. It’s not that its impossible, but the map is CLEARLY in favor of one side. Such a stupid thing to argue when it’s so laughably obvious.

Sorry, but a lot of things you’re saying are just incorrect. You actually sound like someone who’s barely played epics. No offense.

You know you could offer up a counter opinion, rather than saying I’m wrong and offering up nothing. But, I’m assuming you don’t have a counter argument because you’re actually clueless. Male draenei paladin things.

hangarD is the best strat atm for IoC because glaives die easily and the only way to stop hangar is to control hangar.

horde is capable of reaching hanger just as quickly as alliance.

2 Likes

The only bg that the Horde have ever been at a disadvantage in is the old Alteric Valley. That’s since been fixed, but if you look at every other bg, there are subtle advantages for Horde.

Like in battle for gilnaeas, the mines have a hut that the Horde can climb up on and virtually be invincible while casting spells at players. They have a protected route to waterworks from the mines where the Alliance are out in the open from the LH to WW. The hill on the west side of the map is closer to the LH flag, so Alliance-LH defenders have less time to react when being attacked (less visibility)… the Horde can literally travel from their boat to the mines flag in the time it takes the Alliance to travel from the hill to the mines flag, and the Alliance are visible from the horde boat while decending that hill… so technically speaking, there’s more of a gap to the mines from that hill than there is to the LH.

In Twin Peaks, Horde spawns closer to the Alliance base than the Alliance does, and the Alliance is further away from the Horde base. Alliance has a pond to traverse while carrying the enemy flag, while Horde has a straight shot past their graveyard after wading through like 5 seconds worth of water. If the Alliance uses the bridges, they’re further from their own graveyard, closer to the enemies graveyard… and if they go the route of the pond, that’s a 15-30 second swim – not to mention there’s a ledge where the horde can cast range spells from at them…

Arathi Basin is relatively even, but the Horde can go to the Lumber Mill and Blacksmith from even ground, where the Alliance would either have to jump down or backtrack to reach the mines. If they try to go to the Blacksmith from the LM route, it would take more time - so that’s a Horde advantage.

Ashran used to have those flowers that increase all stats by 15% spawn right next to the Horde base… They’ve fixed it, but that was a huge bias at the time.

Horde also has more offensive/defensive passives than the Alliance, so that used to have an impact on every bg…

The devs are(or were,) biased. Those are subtle advantages, but they’re advantages nonetheless.

1 Like

Blizz removes IoC and replaces it with SotA

Only if they remove Ashran.
We all know how absolutely horribly balanced that BG is.

Why not have a big pvp update to improve all the battlegrounds we currently have. It needs to happen.

because i play epics every single day i know what i talking about . That is whats with me you dont need a stopwatch for anything . This isnt complicated horde can get to hangar just as fast as alliance . im not arguing anything what im saying is facts . Its also so laughably obvious that you are comp clueless on what you are talking about .

What you are doing is basically the same stuff customers try to do to me at work . where they complain about the sale and try to tell me otherwise like idk what im doing when i work there . Same thing is applied here all i do is epics on every toon ,so therefore i see it with my own eyes that horde can get there before alliance .

Its not my fault you get put on teams that cant seem to figure it out. Meanwhile plenty of other horde teams can.

I haven’t touched PvP ever since they removed Strand of the Ancients and replaced it with Seething Shore.

1 Like

As I said and will continue to say, the positioning that alli has vs horde is 10x better. You can arrive at the flag at the same time and it doesn’t matter. That’s the point. It’s why alli is dominating isle.

then you will cont to be just as clueless

im sorry but if you are losing every single ioc the problem is you . Not your team you . Most of the time its 50/50 for both factions alli does not dominate ioc . horde also wins it just as much . Also i think its laughable youve played 2 avs and a whole 10 iocs and only 1 av did u win and only 5 iocs you have won . So go on plz tell me idk what im talking about . Ive done 87 avs so far ive won 32 orf them as alliance , 65 iocs and have only won 36 of them . Soo yeah only 36/65 W/L so pls tell me alliance is dominating lol

This^

I like IoC. It’s the close WoW has to siege warfare. I mean Wintergrasp but that’s a hot mess

1 Like

This is the toon I post on from time to time and it’s mostly for arena. Why do you say it’s a me problem? These are team fights and that’s what I’m trying to argue as well. There isn’t enough in Isle specifically to allow a single player to affect the overall battle nearly as much as even AV or WG.

I have 8,900 bgs played with 5,735 wins for a 64.4% win rate.

Horde: 3,523/5,544 - 63.5% winrate
Alliance: 2,212/3,356 - 65.9% winrate

Of those, I have 396 isle played and 200 wins which is the closest 50/50 of any bg ratio I have across both my horde and alliance toons.

Horde: 94/212 - 44.3%
Alliance: 106/184 - 57.6%

Despite my win/loss ratio, isle is one of my worst overall for horde.

For AV, I have 920 played with 547 wins.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. The strat has shifted now that alliance players know they can win nearly every match just rushing hangar. In the past, docks was a threat. Workshop wasn’t bad, but not nearly as good as hangar or docks. Problem is, as others have pointed out, glaives don’t scale well. There are tons of matches with 0 alliance going docks or workshop. They go hangar, win, drop down to workshop… get demos, then guard hangar. By the time horde take workshop, games already lost. Glaives are useless if you have a few decent players on alliance killing them.

Not sure why you thought this was the only toon I played when you can see my honor level. Most of you newer players have bloated honor because of the newer reward system.

What they need to do is revert it to what it was when it originally dropped in Wrath. Back then my stats were fairly even between characters on either faction (within 60/40) Since they “fixed” it, it’s horribly unbalanced. It’s also boring. They changed the ranges of the guns so they’re really annoying and hardly anyone uses them and they nerfed the seaforium so there’s no incentive to do the actual fun pvp of running bombs.

…what. pvp actually happens in wintergrasp.

not even involving myself in this thread. gd knows less than zero about pvp.

1 Like

i do know tho , you on the other hand obviously dont , so go on and keep crying about how alliance rotfl stomp you in ioc due to some fake map adv lol

lol my honor level isnt bloated and i aint new, infact i earned more then half of it as horde try again .

this so much no one asked for WG

In my opinion, what determines how enjoyable a battleground is doesn’t depend entirely on how often you’re likely to directly fight the other team if you play the usual way. Vehicle combat is incredibly boring and at least it’s less important in IoC than WG

Also in IoC there’s more cool stuff you can do with goblin gliders, unlike WG where there’s very little you can do. I’ve been on the enemy faction’s airship before (I don’t remember how I did it but I used to go there often on my warlock)

No one is crying here. I’m saying the map needs fixes. Glaives aren’t a threat and the map is imbalanced. I want to see the game improved and you just want to be salty when you’re called out for being wrong. I even provided you the numbers overall.

Compared to me you’re new.