Remove cross realm now

Truly remarkable that Blizzard, with 14 years of WoW experience, keeps making the same mistakes and remain as tone-deaf deer-in-the-headlights as ever.

Classic was handed to them, an already completed expansion with years of expertise and improvements identified by private servers. But even having that hindsight advantage they managed to completely fumble the ball and repeated the same mistakes that destroyed Retail. From layering to cross-realms, to faction imbalances issues, etc. They contributed nothing and were impotent in solving easily solvable problems. Remarkable really.

Thatā€™s the funny thing. That and the players who are actually defending blizzard and WANT 1.12 AV and X realm.

We literally see what 1.12 AV and CRBGs lead to. And they STILL dont get it.

Itā€™s like being offered a time machine and still repeating the same mistakes

Agreed. Was fighting against it since announced.

Sadly, blizzard will not do the right thing on this one.

See why some of us were begging for a longer window for open wpvp with lower server densities? To build communities. Unfortunately the community hastened community building and now discord is the new community :tropical_drink:

Cross realm is legit better for the WSG community. More competitive teams (and more teams at every level) is good and we will get to know each other over time, taking down the server barrier.

Itā€™s total trash for AV though, and not only does it make the zone toxic as possible, itā€™s reduced the game play because people treat the other players like NPCs, skippable. At least with same server AV rivalries could come out, but as it stands your just teamed up with 39 ppl you dont know against 40 ppl you dont know. Itā€™s awful.

1 Like

Cross realm is WORSE for WSG for the same reason itā€™s bad for AV.

AFK botters still existed back then. They just leech whatever miniscule honor they could. No rivalries.

Though it is slightly better than AFK valley but not much. Take away 24/7 fast queues and AFKers and botters will suddenly need to premade to catch up.

In no other aspect of the game could a solo player get more rewards than groups. Because of CRBGs, it turns this upside down

/Blizz removes CRBG

Next forum post - Blizz why are my BG queues 2 hours long during prime time?

And if you think waves of players would reroll to fix it, PM me about this bridge Iā€™m trying to get off my hands.

Also CRBGS makes it harder to queue dodge (a major aspect of the top end of the honor system).

2 Likes

Today I learned that even if something was in vanilla, if you keep saying it wasnā€™t, eventually people will stop talking to you and youā€™ll think youā€™re right.

2 Likes

Yes, because people definately wanted vanilla for its cross server capabilities and not its social aspects.

Especially when said features were in the game for about 2 months before the expansion prepatch. So memorable that mere 2 months made such an imprint on peopleā€™s memories!

they will never change this, might as well accept it or move on if you really hate it

3.5 months, might want to spend 10 seconds fact checking before making an argument.

How it it worse for WSG?

More teams playing Warsong is good. In vanilla I played the same team every time for months, it gets old and loses meaning. Cross server allows the best teams to play each other.

I agree itā€™s bad for AV in itā€™s current form, it feels 100% retail playing with no one I know and against no one I know. But the WSG community can grow cross server. Itā€™s small enough to recognize teams and form rivalries without saturating them to the point of boredom.

I have a hard time believing that queues would be longer than they already are for the vast majority of servers if there were no cross-server queues.

Current features (1.11 AV and 1.12 xserver queues) only existed for 1 month (32 days to be exact) before they announced the end of the honor system and everyone stopped caring about the crap state 1.12 put it in. Get YOUR facts straight.

Thereā€™s no way the vanilla devs would have left it in this state if they werenā€™t already planning to scrap the entire system.

2 Likes

Pretty much this.

CRBGs also worsens low pop servers in that they also have to grind 24/7 to attain rank!

Before CRBGs, low pop servers had few games popping at night so it made for a nice casual experience and rankers could actually sleep. but after CRBGSs came out in vanilla, even the under played faction and under populated servers have to grind as if they were from tichondrius

Cross realm actually worsens low population and faction balance

1 Like

If queue times are 20-30m then what was the point of xrealm queues?

Iā€™d much rather have a 20-30m queue and only play against players on my server.

1 Like

CRBG mechanic should have kicked in only once a certain timeframe of a queue was reached, and only with matched realms that offset imbalanced ratios.

Taking balanced realms and tossing them in with the entire north american region was the laziest, most harmful, shortsighted thing they could have done.
So thatā€™s what they did.

1 Like

Itā€™s 2019, most of the consumer base that was interested in Classic WoW have grown up. The last thing they want to do in a video game, is to spam forums looking for the perfect guild and perfect servers to play on. Your post doesnā€™t even take into account if they played at launch there were what? Six servers in NA? How were they supposed to know what guilds had what play times if most of the guilds werenā€™t even established yet.

As far as 1.12 was Blizzard wanting to get into esports, that is just so misinformed it hurts.

lol

That dataā€™s from September.

Most the players frim clasdic from my experience is from retail or never played significant vanilla. Not surprised.

1 Like