Remove Auction House automation

I once caught a misconfigured bot, and made over 250k. TSM is a little better these days though.

1 Like

Slowly getting there on the stocks. Need more paydays to build something I can work with but that’s the plan for sure one day. For now I’ll just make fake money in a game without risk. xD

1 Like

The Legendary market is the worse in terms of cancel scanning nonsense. I understand they cost a lot to make but good grief some people literally cancel scan 24/7 on my server. I thought Blizzard had a program called “Warden” that stops this BS?

1 Like

I think TSM relies heavily on API scipts and macros. You can script macros and do some complex things with one click.

1 Like

there is, but if you do it by 1g or .5 silver at a time, you find the absolute minimum then you list it .1 silver above their minimum and you just forced them to sell their entire inventory same as the absolute minimum instead of the middle profit range.

I do it all the time on our server, and I know too what people’s absolute min is also so I can mess with them for market resets if they go to do it. If it’s someone that aggravated me, I’m going to tank their market to 1 silver above their min and make em lose a lot of gold. Sure they can adjust it, but I just keep doing it.

I rarely do that though.

1 Like

Please, thinking all those boosting groups aren’t heavily into gold selling is :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

1 Like

I would either buy you out or just hold until you got bored tbh I have other markets I can focus on.

Warden I don’t think applies to addons because addons run off the in game API and what is and isn’t allowed via unprotected functions with the API. Now external stuff like bots, multibox software, keyboard macro software, things of that sort are detectable.

We don’t know the full ins and outs of that program for a good reason because if we did the cheaters would figure out how to bypass it.

You would be surprised at how many don’t do that. Like I said, I rarely do it but when I’m able to do it and make someone lose out like that cause they did something to aggrivate me, it’s hilarious. Mostly do it to people that hate whisper me or something of the sort, which is rare anymore.

On my Engi I had a guy mail me asking to buy a Kyparite Rocket for… a very lowball offer (well below material cost) so I ignored it.

They bought it 2 days ago for over 100k (15k-ish profit)

Sounds small scale, you took away their only market. Lesson for them to not holding all theirs eggs in one basket.

1 Like

Absolutely it is.

lol yeah on zul’jin you see a lot of small scale listers or people that hyper focus on certain markets. It’s… interesting. There are a few big ones that focus on everything but for the most part, people find their niche and stick with it.

“this guy plays the AH better than I do, break it blizzard!”

:roll_eyes:

10 Likes

A quick google search shows that you are paying largely the same price to blizzard as to a seller. Large for-gold boosting groups likely do sell the gold then for extra profit.

Those boosting groups, the for-gold ones at least, were pretty much created by the WoW Token.

1 Like

How is an addon that “plays the auction house” for you, NOT botting?

3 Likes

Because it’s not botting. You have to setup your own groups, operations, and manually post and cancel your auctions.

You can adding botting software onto that… but then that’s botting software doing it, so it’s a fault of that software, not TSM.

3 Likes

unless you’re actually botting, you have to be sitting at your computer to initiate actions on the AH.

people can use TSM
People can bot
people can bot AND use TSM

but just using TSM isn’t botting.

YOU do not define botting, blizzard does.

I don’t doubt that some of the AH constant undercutters who post 24/7 are botting*. But that is a completely separate issue than AH addons.

*and if they are I hope blizz nukes their accounts

3 Likes

The only true afk part of the process is when you press the crafting button and it crafts all your stuff for you while you do your chores and stuff.

Which is possible without any addons what-so-ever so…

1 Like

“You do not define botting.”

Well, sure I can!

Botting:
a device or piece of software that can execute commands or perform routine tasks, as electronic searches, usually without user intervention (often used in combination):

How is DBM not cheating? Or Weak Auras?
Just remove all addons.

People are just butthurt that they can’t just post stuff on the AH and walk away and have everything sell. It’s like this every time.
Even if they did break TSM for some reason, people would still constant undercut people, and they’d still cry and try to ban people for posting more auctions than them.

The economy is an end game of it’s own.
Either you keep up, or you change your market. I don’t do SL legendaries because I don’t want to babysit auctions and I still pumped out almost 2 million gold in December.

That’s not what TSM does.
Ban DBM.
Ban the default UI because it posts auctions for me too.

I’d imagine the software that came with the game is acceptable