Remove all quest trackers?

Is it possible? I’ve been grinding TBCC since launch and want to try retail, but I’m insta bored because I’m just told what direction to go and what to click until I win the game effortlessly. I want to run around and actually look for stuff. Is there a way or adding to Nuke the brain melting simplification we have in retail? I don’t even want blue quest zones. It’s bad enough drip rate is 500% for quest items. At the very least let me grind for some fragments.

fishing today? :fishing_pole_and_fish:

i think we got a few biters left over from Sunday’s festivities lol

12 Likes

Isn’t there a Classic forum? you might want to ask there

3 Likes

So your issue is not enough time sink. I haven’t legitimately looked for anything in like 15 years if I can’t find it I Google and it’s there.

Just wait till max lvl theres plenty of things to absolutely waste your time like classic even with markers

1 Like

Hows about you just never open your map? I’m sure that’ll be more immersive for you

4 Likes

Yes there is a way to do it but I don’t want to tell you how because that would be too easy and after all you want to find everything for yourself

5 Likes

What’s funny is it’s extremely hard to find someone in classic not using Questie.

It has 31 million downloads.

3 Likes

There’s an option to turn it off…

-I posted this on wrong character.

• I’m referring to max level retail.
    -Yes I need a bigger time sink/grind.
    -Even disabling mini map things still glow and say”click this”
    -I did check google and it brought me to very old threads that were never clearly answered.

That I think you’re screwed on, things glowing is Outline mode, you can turn outline mode off but then they will sparkle, you can turn the effects for sparkles down but not off, at least to my knowledge, always happy to be wrong :slight_smile:

I’m the OP on appropriate character now. Thank you for the info. I have a breadcrumb to follow now. I like Retail/not bashing, it just feels to fast and a little effortless. I think not having a built in “questie” would help slow it down and be more enjoyable to me.

And I never will use it in classic.

1 Like

It would not do you any good if it existed.

Assuming you are serious (a big assumption), you really can’t quest effectively beyond a certain point in WoW’s history… possibly Cata, but I can’t remember.

This is because early expansions usually described where to go for the quests (often poorly) but after the quest helper zones starting becoming the default, they largely abandoned the location text. These days, some quests give general locations but many give no description at all.

1 Like

I ain’t going back in time I’d rather just move forward.

2 Likes

There were quest trackers that were addons back then. Carbonite being one. Blizzard did us a favor by putting it in game… Feel free to turn your quest tracking off though.

2 Likes

I get it :+1: I play TBC Classic as well, it has the far superior leveling experience in my opinion but you’ll find it is often the case people want to level quickly which is why leveling is the way it is now.

It was the dawn of a new day when I discovered QuestHelper back in BC lol

:heart_eyes:

You’ll always be the OG QuestHelper

3 Likes

Then do it.

Maybe there is an addon that will gimp the game for you.

Good luck

I was legitimately trying to figure out how to do what OP is asking about like a month ago.

You can untrack quest objectives and the blue minimap quest areas, but there’s no setting to just outright hide all forms of quest tracking. At best, you turn off what you can, then have to manually untrack every quest you pick up after you pick it up to get the directional gold arrow to go away.

Which was enough of a pain for me to drop the idea.

There have been addons in the past that hide that arrow, but none are currently working as far as I could tell. I’m sure it’s probably possible, probably just swapping out a texture or something, and there’s just not much demand for it so there isn’t one up right now.

1 Like