Removal of Physical Authenticator

I wanted to re-sub after several years away. I had a physical authenticator attached to my account, but it’s lost after all this time. I submitted a ticket and uploaded an ID pic, as per the support prompts, so that I could attach a mobile authenticator in it’s place.

This was done on Sunday, so far I have not had any contact on this matter, is that normal? Is there anything else I should do, or just wait more?

It usually shouldn’t take more than a few hours in most situations. It sounds like something may have gone wrong.

Do you have access to the email address the account is associate with? That is address they’d use if they needed more information.

If you can, I’d submit another request in the morning when our Live Chat or callback option is open. You may have that option to use that and they’ll be able to actively troubleshoot with you.

1 Like

I do have access to the email yes, and I have been watching
it and checking the junk/spam folder too just in case, but no
messages.
I will try another ticket sure, but I am at work all day, so I can
access my email and keep an eye out, but I cannot do the live chat or receive phone calls there.

If you can, list the ticket ID and I’ll try to check it tomorrow when I get in.

Ok, so I just logged into my original account to get the ID for you, and low and behold it was answered and resolved.

I was waiting for an email and thinking that because I had not seen one, the ticket was still pending, now I feel bad for wasting your time. :cry:
It’s always that last thing you didn’t check… thanks for your help guys. :grinning:

4 Likes

To be fair, mine took about 5 days to be resolved so its normal to have a long wait.

If it took you 5 days, then there must have been some extenuating circumstances involved. It is definitely not normal for it to take that long. In fact, even the OP’s situation had actually been resolved in a timely manner, they just hadn’t logged into their account to find out.

In fact, if you have SMS Protect on your phone, you can remove the authenticator without the need to contact Blizz at all! It only takes a couple of minutes that way.

7 Likes

Authenticator lost . old account, have no access to email account listed( microsoft shut it down inactivity) All I used it for was for WOW. How do I contact to get authenticator removed?

Just to be clear, Gazmi, do you have access to the Battle.net account itself? You said you no longer have access to the email account on it.

If that is the case we’d probably want to update that as well.

You can submit a request to have the Authenticator Removed here.

We might be able to take care of both issues here, in the description box be sure to include that you no longer have access to that email address and provide an address to update it to.

You’ll need to give them an email that you have access to and that is not currently used on a Battle.net account.

2 Likes