Removal of Brutosaur mount

And you’ve had more than one season’s worth of notice that this mount is being removed too.

Although I still don’t think this mount was targeted at trying to incent players to make five million gold this expansion – it was targeted at players who already had that and more made in previous expansions, that they wanted to drain out of the economy.

I know they still can. It is easy now.

I am talking about 10 years ago back when you had to buy 100% of everything.

And I have hit gold cap multiple times.

I BARELY play the game now. I am on about once a week for a few hours at a time and that is it. I don’t do much of anything in WoW anymore.

I find the game very boring now and I hate having all my talents being gutted when it is a proven fact that the majority of the playerbase wants them to go back to the way that they were as opposed to how they are now.

PvP is just okay now and PvE… well now it is “Link your Cutting Edge or you don’t get in this mythic”

PvP is now like “Join our PvP guild VERY active” Then I join and its like… 800+ members only 20 of whom have logged on in the last couple of years… okay then.

I haven’t logged into this toon that I am posting on in a very long time. My main I haven’t been in in several months. The guild that I am GM of, I haven’t even logged into that toon since May of last year so…

My main rogue hasn’t been logged in for so long that the armory has been 404’ed and I don’t even know what level it is.

I play an average of about 2 hours a week and sometimes less this expac. Very boring, lackluster expansion pack where the Devs put profit before pleasure and it shows in the quality of the game.

Again, Blizzard has not yet made any official announcement of this mount’s removal from the vendors. Most players never come to the forums, so they have no idea that something that’s never been removed before (a gold sink mount) is being removed.

This mount should have been labeled as limited time from the very beginning. Since they didn’t do that, the very least they can do is make an official announcement where all the players have a chance to see it.

1 Like

Please tell me how you earn 17k a day logging in only two hours a week. I’m completely serious, because this is the minimum amount I need to make in order to earn this mount. If the launch happens sooner, such as in August, I’ll need something like 24k each day.

Thanks!

2 Likes

They could have solved this by instead removing the AH vendor from future purchases of the mount, but leaving it on the original version come patch day.

i.e.
Hypothetical patch day is June 15. If you buy the brutosaur on the 14th, you get the version with the AH vendor. If you purchase it on the 15th or later, your version will NOT have the AH vendor.

1 Like

I never said that.

I had over 4,000 battle pets stockpiled across multiple guilds that I own, I buy max out WoW tokens and put the gold in my guild banks I have many mounts as well and so I don’t have any more gold coming in right now as I have pretty much quit the game.

Ah. Like Brahmina, I was ready to take notes, lol. Thanks for the clarification.

Oh, dang. I misunderstood. I thought you said you were earning lots of gold now because it’s easy and that you’ve hit cap multiple times. (Cap now is 9,999,999g.)

My bad. Sorry.

1 Like

I used to earn lots of gold. it was my hobby back in the day. That was years ago. I played the Ah and sold TCG items in the action house. I used to sell one Swift Spectral Tiger a month on the auction house. That is a lot of real life money so I quit. I had to get that much gold in order to get enough gold to get gear for my multiboxers but since /follow was removed in BGs and in my other areas I quit MB and now don’t do any of that anymore. I used to also max out on WoW tokens and had over 4 dozen toons character boosted but then when Blizzard removed the Alterac Brew Pup follow as well then I unsubbed everything, deleted most of my toons and quit boosting and buying wow tokens mainly.

I have only logged into about 5 of my toons this entire expac and have played them all for a total of less than a few days. My main has only 39 days /played at level 120 so I barely play at all now.

I know I can’t make 5 mil gold whatsoever. No matter how much time I have…
Just thank you for those who used to park Brutos in front of the Boralus inn :wink:

I honestly think the announcement of the removal of the mount is to boost quarterly earnings, drain some gold from the players while also making more money from the WoW tokens and hoping to con some people back into playing BFA.

1 Like

I quit playing retail in BFA as well. It feels like more and more freedom is being stripped away from all their games lately and it is a massive turn off.

2 Likes

I understand why they want to remove it, but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe it has to do with the fact that this mount was never really intended for your everyday player, but it’s so unique and useful that it feels like it should’ve been a bit more accesible down the line.

They still haven’t officially announced it, have they? A buried blue post in a thread I haven’t seen in a while was the closest thing I recall to an announcement.

Not related to this post at all, but we seem to agree about a lot of things. I’m gonna shoot your character here an in-game mail with my Btag - if you’re not interested, all good =) Just a heads up.

1 Like

I’d be happy with a no-AH recolor brutosaur as an achievement reward tbh.

Ever since WoD Garrisons (and before), player wealth has skyrocketed. There is a vast disparity between the average player and those that make it their business earning gold. Multimillionaires are common.

These “gold sinks”, the spider, this dino and Im sure there are others, help to balance out the economy. Have they? I wonder though, If they had something special that cost 20 million gold if anyone would/could buy it.

I really don’t mind that it’s being moved to the Black Market Auction House

i bought mine on Dec 14 only because “it’s days are numbered”.

Imgur

i don’t consider my playing 17 level capped characters that do mostly WQ emissaries for paragon rewards anything special or ‘elite’

and yes i do enjoy the mount, mostly because i no longer have to run to Wowhead to locate the nearest Nylon thread/distilled water vendor

edit to add. i still have yet to earn the bag achievements from Haris Pilton despite being able to afford to for so long now; maybe if they threaten to remove those i’ll get on it

Not really. See this was always the problem with the Brutosaur mount. If you incorporate any logic regarding its ridiculously high price tag and come to the natural conclusion that it was aimed at people who played the AH or just had a bunch of wealth. Now the problem with that comes at, most people who play the AH are using bank alts and utilizing instant mail to their characters to post things. They aren’t going to drop half of gold cap on a mount that allows them to remotely post auctions and save themselves maybe a minute of their time. It would take way too much utilization to ever see that kind of return on the investment.

So it’s kind of like a case of “Who is the mount actually for?” Because the people that can afford it, aren’t going to be too keen on buying it for the remote auction house functionality. They’ll find more use in it just being a flexing tool. Meanwhile the people who aren’t AH goblins who would actually use it a lot and find a bunch of utility with it are not able to afford it.

Or adding other reskinned models of the same brutosaur mount, also removing the vendors from these brutosaurs. This preserves the mount and that particular color with the vendors, very rare and hard to find out in the wild, similar to the mammoths in how theres a grand black and a grand ice mammoth, but the travelers mammoth is the only brown 2 seater mammoth with vendors. This would give the average players a chance to at least aquire the brutosaur model, while keeping the original skin/color of brutosaur with vendors rare with bragging rights. I dont feel the whole model itself should be prestige and rare.

2 Likes