Removal of Brutosaur mount

That really isnt that much. I just made 40k in like 45 mins selling a couple of +10 keys. Thats half a weeks requirements. Also I just mined a couple of stacks of osmenite ore which come patch release will be worth a fair bit. That would probably be enough for my week of gold making if I was aiming for the mount.

Plenty of good ways to make gold without playing the AH available for people who want them.

No it doesn’t. This should be OBVIOUS, but I’ll say it again for the record.

The Mage Tower was put in the game SPECIFICALLY as a limited time thing. EVERYONE KNEW going in to it that the Mage Tower was going away.

That is EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of the Brutosaur.

Even more to that point, Blizzard made weirdo, rather unnecessary exceptions towards the end of the Mage Tower to allow people to get it done before it was gone. But even without those, there was PLENTY of time to get it done.

That simply is not true for the Bruto. It is an utterly ridiculous assumption to think anything but 1% of players are going to earn $4-5M in just a year’s time-- IF THAT MANY!

The only way to say “yes-- you can 100% do this in the time allotted” is to buy Tokens. And that’s a brown stain on this game that will never go away. It is utterly contemptible.

5 Likes

You know, I’m against the removal of this mount from the vendors, but your argument is is just plain stupid. Most of the MCB owners are neither Guild “owners” nor multiboxers. They’re just players who either amassed vast sums of gold in WoD or Legion (when it was raining off the mission tables faster than many could pick it up) or who are good at playing the AH. Others managed to raise the funds by other means (such as repeatedly grinding rep on multiple characters for the paragon caches), but those means weren’t limited to multiboxers or GM’s.

^And this part just sounds childish.

I’m not going to be able to acquire the necessary gold (though I’m still trying). I’m still happy for those who are able to get the mount–even if they used cash and tokens to do it.

2 Likes

Ok…that was a little intense, but I left in Cata and only returned at the end of legion. So I’ll concede whatever you say about the mage tower

Backs away slowly

1 Like

Why just them?

Why not anyone willing to pay cash for enough wow tokens to convert to the gold required?

It’s an easy way to generate additional income through the token sales.

This isn’t true. The expansion will likely launch no later than October, probably sooner. If we generously estimate 300 days until the MCB goes to the BMAH, that requires earning nearly 17k gold per day, every day.

Chances are, the expansion will launch in the summer. Let’s say August. Again, we’ll estimate a nice round number of 210 days. That raises the requirement to almost 24k gold per day. Every day. If you miss one day, you need to get 48k the next.

I’m not saying it can’t be done. I’m just saying it can’t be done by most players with the skills they bring to the game and the time they have to play.

Still, the OP’s argument is garbage. Blizzard said their reason for removing the MCB from the vendors is because they don’t want to see AH mounts as common in the future as repair mounts are today.

Why though? Are repair or transmog mounts bad?

It’s so easy to have a bank/AH alt where all you need is a mailbox or just port to your capital city with the many many ways to do that.

I understand that my argument also makes the removal of the mount a non-big deal as well. It’s super easy to access the AH

2 Likes

i wouldnt be as annoyed if they made another brutosaur mount. like a 3 seater or something? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oh, I totally agree that Blizzard’s excuse is Tauren doody, too. I was just saying the OP’s argument is conspiracy-theory level of dumb.

Agreed - the answer is a lot more simple; cash.money.

5m gold is difficult enough for most people - with the new strategies for controlling inflation; it’ll never be as common as the repair/xmog mounts.

1 Like

I gave up, it would be nice to have but I earn gold so slowly and spend it so quickly thanks to blizzards “Let’s turn crafting into a nightmare” mentality. Seriously why does ONE item need to cost 15-25 ore and only give ONE skill point!? Unless someone was to mail me five million gold there’s no way in hell I’m ever owning one.

Where did you hear that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s still plenty of time. Infact, that number alone is more then enough. 17k * 300 is 5,100,000.

But this isn’t 300 days, it’s 362 days. That number alone can give you like 6,154,000 gold. If you want a more lenient number, 13.85k over the coarse of 362 days would just give you 5,013,700. or 14k will be 5,068,000. Sure the closer you are to the end day, the less money you have that isn’t met to the daily goal, the more you have to set which in turn the more you have to make to set the said daily goal. If you basically frequent the AH getting mats, gear and etc, you would do fine. Heck, you might hit in big on a blue moon with a rare pet, gear piece or mount, etc.

Well after WoD, i doubt they will ever put out an expansion very early again. So a Summer release or an Autumn release will never happen.

I would argue it’s not the only reason, if you look at the WoW tokens, and the fact the insane high price of this mount, cynical side of me is they were hoping people would spend money on the WoW tokens to get it and this artificial scarcity ala “retiring it” would hopefully drive those sales up, but i digress.

I never seen the brutosaur mount as anything useful personally speaking, or at least on the same level as tmog/repair vendors, considering every city has an AH. Every place has a repair vendor, yes, but if we look at the prices of 10k vs 5 million gold, you will see the stark differences in returns of usefulness. I have no idea what Wotlk’s is like, il admit that, but i would imagine in that game, it wouldn’t be too difficult to get gold. Let alone 10k.

It’s standard of Blizz to do first then think of the consequences after.

They have been saying for years that they want people to keep going back to the main city’s for interacting with other people.

With the portable AH mount you’ll find hardly anybody in there.

Very true.

1 Like

I only wanted a giant sauropod mount. They have several different versions in the database–most without any sort of vendor–but the only one they made available to players is the ridiculously priced Mighty Caravan Brutosaur with an AH vendor. I’d be perfectly happy if they put one or more of the plain versions on the vendors if they insist on removing the MCB.

We’ll have to agree to disagree about the timing of Shadowlands. There’s no way we have a year now in any case because it has to launch in 2020. I’ve been working as hard as I can, but I can’t even make 10k gold a day. I just don’t have that kind of time.

So, unless they decide to make another brutosaur mount available on the vendors, my dream of a sauropod mount has been shattered. (Ever the optimist, I’m still working toward earning the 5 mil. I see no reason to give up. At the very least I’ll have earned enough to buy a bunch of other mounts.)

3 Likes

I agree. I think it’s particularly silly of Blizzard to just make the AH bruto the only option to get and not have others variations at launch like they did with the Yaks and Mammoths prior.

4 Likes

Sorry bud. This isn’t gear or the ability to do in game content. This is superficial show off crap. And YES, that needs extreme rarity, and catering to elites for those who care.

If you care to be an elite in the realm of a mount of all things, then you lose. You are worse. And that’s just fine in the realm of the unimportant.

Agreed, that would be really low.

I wish they would make another (more affordable) mount that doesn’t have the vendors, even a regular one-seater for those of us that would just like to ride around on a brontosaurus.

1 Like

I don’t think they ever meant the mount to appeal to most players.

I think they knew they had a tiny fraction of players who were AH goblins and had much more gold than other players, and they wanted to both come up with a way to award that playstyle while also draining away a bunch of that gold.

So - eureka - a ridiculously expensive mount whose feature is most valuable to players who spend a ton of time on the AH. Match made.

If you’re not one of those AH goblins, just cross the mount off your list and never think about it again. It’s not like they expected you to come up with 5 mil gold and you somehow lost the game.

I’d say I guess it sucks for completionists, but it’s really nothing new when compared to other very low frequency mounts like the arena champion mounts, etc. No one was realistically going to become a top 0.5% pvp player just to get a mount, just like no one who wasn’t already making major gold was going to suddenly start doing that either.

2 Likes

I think every in-game mount costing more than 10, 000 gold at most should be deleted, I remember a time when you farmed reputation for ages with a faction and then only had to pay 2k to get the mount reward, now some vendors at exalted asking for 70k after getting exalted with them, sorry but that’s just criminal

2 Likes