Reminder: Tier 5 Raid Tuning Coming Next Week

Yes but ptr is for p3 not next week.

What are we getting next week?

The final nerfs that happened with the BT patch didn’t just nerf hp, it also changed boss mechanics.

We need to know what to expect

1 Like

Of words mean anything, final means final. This need was always the plan next week. The partial nerfs that everyone cried about where probably going to last a month

No it isn’t. Since when does Blizzard even KNOW what their player base is wanting let alone read these forums? Even if they did read these forums they couldn’t possibly care what a handful of their player base is saying.

This was an internal flip-flop and chances are the nerfs weren’t even meant to be communicated in the first place.

So you’re saying Blizzard is throwing a temper tantrum because “it’s never enough” so they give their customers nothing? Even though nothing is, of course, not enough?

Pretty damn petulant and unprofessional if that were true. But the truth is they just don’t care.

4 Likes

We always knew the T5 nerfs were coming and T5 attunement would be stripped.

The confusion is WHEN they’re happening. Blizzard’s previous post about selective nerfs to a few T5 bosses coming on the 14th is different than the nerfs T5 eventually got once a lot of guilds got into T6 and what they said in this post sounds like they are all coming next week now.

Next week and p3 will be 100% the same. No reason to modify them twice.

Wow so we pass from nerfing 3 boss to all boss nerf ? With a simple nonsense post ? Damn this is probably the most unprofessional company in the world for sure… I hope the declined of Blizzard just continue.

1 Like

Well.

The people struggling with T5 still will get their final boss kills easily with the full nerfs going through, which would attune them for T6 when it comes out 2-4 weeks later.

So they are likely going with the full berfs as a type of early catch up mechanic as I forsee P3 coming out in January.

I’m fine with this. Some people need water wings to make it to the other side of the pool without drowning.

If the full nerfs come next week then my guess is it came down to time. They probably made phase 3 a priority with next weeks nerfs an afterthought, started running short on time, and then decided to just push what they had done for phase 3 instead.

The bigger question to me than what nerfs are coming next Tuesday is… will the ‘skip straight to Vashj’ option actually be available in P3 the way it is on the PTR? I’m not sure how i would feel about it as that would be way ahead of schedule, but would also solve a lot of tension that is brewing over people needing no loot from 8/10 anymore but still needing a lot of loot from Vashj/KT which remains BiS until p4 or even p5.

The skip straight to end bosses is probably a PTR feature to make it easier to test the end bosses.

That’s my hunch as well, but its hard to be sure of anything when the only communication we get is one vague & confusing paragraph per week.

All the people in this thread flabbergasted that Blizz is crappy when it comes to communication actually makes me laugh. Haven’t you guys been paying attention the last 6 months? TBC is an absolute after thought for them… Like a project you committed to and now give the absolute bare minimum effort to keep it going. Browse through these forums… and look at all the threads pleading for help, or at least a response. They DONT care about what we want or need. Asking and begging doesn’t help. You get what they give you, and if it doesn’t work for you, oh well.

3 Likes

Lol I forgot they were lifting attunements too. My shaman just finally got to the Mag part of the TK attunement like last week. Oh well.

I currently play about 5-10 hours per week.

GM posted an image showing the nerfs currently in the PTR related to HP reductions. Can’t seem to post the link or image, so I’ll give a few highlights:

SSC: trash nerfs of around 40% for beast-tamer/hate-screamer/sporebat/underbog colossus/honor guard

Bosses - Hydross 10%; leo 16%, no change to Fathom lord kara/FLK adds/morogrim; vashj 20%

TK: trash - bloodwarder marshall 50%; star scryer 37.5%; phoenix hawk 25%

Bosses - Alar 11%; Void Reaver no change; solarian 33%; KT 40%; KT advisers 64%

So much to only nerfing 3 bosses and specific things. Hey lets nerf the whole raid and make it a snoozefest loot pinata you clear in under 2 hours lol.

1 Like

As another person said in this thread. . . They probably got into a time crunch. Instead of doing 2 sets of nerfs like they did in original TBC, they pushed the final nerf state of the instances. Not really sure why people are complaining.

The amount of guilds that will clear both raids in 2 hours is extremely small. So i’d say thats a bit of an exaggeration.

Oh well maybe its just the P3 nerfs on ptr. Maybe the vashj/kt/moro nerfs are applied on next tuesday but not the P3 Ptr nerfs.

1 Like

They are basically turning SSC/TK into Karazhan so everyone can faceroll through it. It’s going to make it boring as f. I just wish they would have waited until Phase 3.

1 Like

hell no… lol