Reminder: Dragonflight Content Before the Weekly Reset

With the timing of the unlock of the Dragon Isles (Monday, November 28 at 3:00 p.m. PST / 5:00 p.m. CST / 6:00 p.m. EST in this region), players will find themselves leveling up with less than a day to go before the weekly reset.

We’ve configured Dragonflight to prevent most weekly rewards from appearing prior to that first weekly reset. As a result, the following content will be unavailable until the new week starts:

• Mythic Dungeons
  • Dragonbane Strongbox from Siege of Dragonbane Keep (Epic quality)
  • Grand Hunt Spoils (Uncommon, Rare, and Epic quality)
  • The weekly quest “Community Feast”
  • The “Aiding the Accord” weekly quests
  • The “Show Yer Mettle” weekly quest
  • Weekly Valdrakken professions quests of any kind
  • Weekly PvP quests rewarding honor

We want players to level at their own pace without feeling like they’re missing out on a week of rewards if they fail to reach level 70 within a few hours after the expansion launch.

94 Likes

That’s brilliant. No rush to 70. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

26 Likes

So, what you’re saying is we’re less than a week away from players complaining they can’t do those things and that Blizz should’ve announced that.

30 Likes

Waiting for people to get mad about this, GD gonna GD.

This is a great change.

26 Likes

I level at my own pace regardless of these things.

25 Likes

Same. It’s just super nice to know that you’re not falling behind by doing so. :dracthyr_love_animated:

21 Likes

wait so we’ll be stuck running heroic dungeons for 1 week?

well thats a bummer.

kind of putting a break on the hype. weird.

*oh just 1 day… thats fine.

OH NO

Anyway…

14 Likes

No, this will only affect the gap between release day on Monday and the reset on Tuesday.

Specifically, launch is at 3 PM Pacific / 6 PM Eastern, and reset is at its normal time at 7 AM Pacific / 10 AM Eastern.

5 Likes

It’s not even a day; those’ll open with the weekly reset.

4 Likes

And a perfect week to have off work, even better than I planned leave before they announced the expansion, I get one whole week of no chill exploration and to level a few alts, this is great.

1 Like

I think that you’ll be able to do things week one, it’s just that Dragonflight is launching before reset, so what they’re fixing is the ability to rush to 70 in a few hours, do a world tour of, say, mythic+, and then also have the ability to do so a few hours later.

Somebody beat me with a newspaper if I misread it.

9 Likes

Every expansion launch in the past several years has just had weekly quests and lockouts not reset the day after monday launches. I don’t really know why they didn’t just go with that this time around too rather than locking out this content for like 18 hours or whatever it is until tuesday reset-- but I guess it’s not the end of the world even if this seems like the worse choice that solves a problem that hasn’t existed.

What does “most” mean? What is being exempt from this list?

Could we get a confirmation as to whether or not the weekly “Treatise” items from Inscription will work? As an example, this is the one for Engineering: https://www.wowhead.com/item=198510/draconic-treatise-on-engineering

This will be yet another significant grind if it’s available before the first reset which would give a notable advantage to anyone who manages to farm it. Since spec knowledge is time gated otherwise, this would end up being unfair to anyone who is unable to spend the time to craft this item before the first reset.

1 Like

“Most” is the list.

It doesn’t really matter anyway. Unless you were playing the beta and were planning to grind out all the weekly quests in ~15 hours. The rest of us just have to wait until those 15 hours are up for the reset and can then start those weeklies.

1 Like

I always try to beat reset and I always fail, so this is some weight off my shoulders.

4 Likes

But what about the mythic world first race where all the huge guilds pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in Real Money Transactions? You’re missing out on that illegal $$$ blizz!

As long as Tuesday maintenance doesn’t get extended over and over again :smile:
Also I’m just curious — why launch on Monday and then keep the regular maintenance day vs launching on Tuesday after maintenance, or scheduling maintenance later in the week?

Since so much is excluded and you know a great number of your players can’t take their time when leveling.

1 Like

make it 2 weeks then.